- by forMoz, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5This is the most amount of permissions I have seen any addon ask for. What on earth does assigning a key have anything to do with accessing my data on all web pages ??
Updated to 3star as the dev disclosed why the permissions. Seems very intrusive and am going back to Vivaldi because FF is lousy about giving us control in this matter.
- by EVADER, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Hi.
Can you please add the shortcut option to open the bookmarks sidebar (Ctrl+B)?
I use the option a lot and I would like to make it open the Firefox bookmark sidebar by pressing the F1 key.
When can you add that option?
- by Firefox user 13597931, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5I've bind ctrl+q for tab close. But its still closes the firefox. This addon is useless for me. But still the lone such addon for this crap 57+
- by bodwyn, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I'm actually looking for an extension to disable ctrl+w, which Shortkeys doesn't do, but
Mike was very prompt, clear and helpful to respond to me, so full marks for service, and
Shortkeys dev team (probably Mike) has a new fan when I need its functionality.
- by Firefox user 12583337, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I don't understand why this addon needs permission to dowload files and change download history. The dev might have his reason and I didn't duck any stars in my review over that but it made me really uncomfortable so I thought I'd mention it. Next, the available actions are quite limited, I just wanted to be able to subsitute Ctrl-H which brings up history sidebar for the history window. It's a pretty basic action and I was suprised to not find it there. [Edit Re Dev Reply] Thanks that makes sense.The downloads permission is needed for the Clear Downloads action. Feel free to review the code in github.
Please come to github and raise an issue, if there are any actions you would like to be added.
- by Firefox user 13543417, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I'm so glad this extension was ported to Firefox Quantum! It's a very useful tool when working on designing web apps! Thank you for your continued support, Peter Malecka. :)
- by Riksoft, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5V. 2.2.7: Great addon that has now added "close tabs on the right" and "close tabs on the left", in its list of predefined actions.
CONS: these 2 actions work only on some pages. E.g., from the page I'm now writing this review it doesn't work (and it's not a matter of input field because I've put the focus on the page).
SUGGESTION: Maybe (or maybe not because that is button) in this open source addon
can be found the trick to improve this one, because that addon is working even from the about:addon page.
- by jjmcgaffey, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you. I've been using Dorando KeyConfig for ages (even when it stopped being officially supported, and I had to sneak it in to Firefox) - I _hate_ backspace taking me back a page any time a text field isn't in focus, and the Alt-arrow back and forward drives me nuts (a two-handed shortcut? Really? I know, there's an Alt key on the right too - I never use it). I was afraid I'd lose my fixes - Alt-z for back and Alt-x for forward - with version 57. Thank you so much for making this!
It is a little bit complicated, because the text fields for creating a shortcut will happily take Alt or Backspace and then ignore it because it's not the key (which is alt or backspace - no caps). I had to go round a couple times to get that set up right (the instructions on the right are very helpful). But now it works, yay! Saved my sanity.
- by Firefox user 13467871, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Please add an option to disable the "ignore key combination when in a textbox " feature, to make it so that the shortcuts work everywhere, just like native firefox shortcuts.
Also, an "undo close tab" action would be a great addition to the program.If your shortcut does not work when an input is focused, this can be turned off in Shortcut Options -> Activation Settings -> ticking the option Active while in form fields. This - however still applies to the webpage context only, and does not apply to url bar and search bar.
The Undo close tab action will be there in the next version.
- by Ben, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5The only reason I installed this extension was in order to disable built-in Firefox shortcuts, which is a feature noted in several places. There is even a "Do Nothing" action to take for a shortcut key designed for this purpose. But it doesn't work; after a "Do Nothing" shortcut key is defined, the key still does its original built-in action. There are bug reports in Github for CTRL-J and CTRL-Q, I wanted to disable CTRL-W...but the answer is "that's not supported by the new Firefox API". Well then, maybe you should remove the feature!This is some uncharted teritory for us: from what I can tell right now - the disable feture works when in a context of a webpage (but not when a search bar or url bar are focused), but some shortcuts like ctrl+w do not seem to follow this logic and cannot be blocked. Sorry about that, maybe we can discuss this with Mozilla.
- by Firefox user 12786924, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I use it to remap "Previous / Next tab" (via "option-command-n" and "option-command-e") and it only works after a website is "loaded" and it doesn't work on all tabs (for example: it doesn't work on the "Add-ons Manager" tab or other system tabs).Unfortunately, as of now this is a limitation of Firefox API. A new version is coming that moves the loading of the addon a bit sooner, but the page needs to be mostly loaded for it to work.
- by Kognyto, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5For me, this addon does not work when trying to assign either tilde or alt+` for tab navigation. The old swifttabs worked perfectly, but that developer abandoned it; now searching for a replacement, but this doesn't work in Firefox quantum versions. This appears to be because certain pages override the key bindings, so sometimes it will work to switch between tabs with the reassigned shortcut, but sometimes it will get stuck on a particular page. This is not acceptable, and probably a Mozilla issue more than the addon dev's issue.Works fine for me (alt+`), note that a browser restart (or at least a page reload) is recommended after the shortcuts are set up. Feel free to raise and issue in https://github.com/pmalecka/chrome-shortkeys/issues and provide detailed repro steps.