- Rated 5 out of 5by Clint Priest, 3 years agoThis extension has a few downsides in its UI, but for its built-in shortcut keys (manageable through browser shortcuts), they work like a charm.
A shame it seems to no longer be maintained.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14703355, 3 years agoReally kinda junky. The user interface is nearly unusable (having to scroll right to find Save button) and it doesn't even have an option to do what I want (keyboard shortcut to show/hide the Bookbarks toolbar under the address bar). No good.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13373464, 3 years agoThere are no instructions on where to go or what to do after installing the addon. yeah there is the "(ctrl+shift+a) ->Shortkeys ->Options" but that does not lead to where it claims to. Someone mentioned a FAQ but I can't even find that. what a useless addon.
- Rated 5 out of 5by James Band, 3 years agoFantastic! It's a 10-star addon!
Can you add one more option in the list of Behavior?
[Show All Bookmarks (Ctrl+Shift+B) ]
I use this separate pane all the time and built-in key is real pain. Thank you sooooooo much.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14655153, 3 years agoNext/previous tab commands don't work if the tab you're in is loading or one of the Firefox config/profiles/preferences pages, nor, weirdly, can you move from the rightmost pinned tab to the leftmost unpinned tab. This left/right tabbing was why I installed the plugin, having used Firefox's built-in option to redefine ctrl+tab to point to the last-visited tab. Not a deal-breaker, but I'm going to seek out something better.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14358075, 4 years agoseriously, though, the fact that i had to look at the reviews to see a complaint about the UX before I understood how to save an action is crazy. -1 for that, great otherwise.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14584443, 4 years agoIf you're not going to fix the garbage UX, at least put this at the top of the about page:
"ctrl+d" -> "Do Nothing (Disable browser shortcut)" -> Scroll right to view the save button -> Save -> Restart Firefox
Probably prevent some 1 star reviews.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Heat_X, 4 years agoIt's a shame there are so many low ratings from people that couldn't figure out how to use it. It works exactly as described, and does it perfectly. I used to use vimperator but now that quantum has killed it this is the next best thing.
Also the description says that it cannot override default firefox shortcuts, but it is kind of misleading, it totally can most of the time
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14558431, 4 years agoNone of the hotkeys I try to remap save, despite clicking the Add button. I often use my ctrl button, and WASD. Ctrl+w closes my tab, and I don't want it to. This addon didn't help that in any way.
- Rated 4 out of 5by PERCE-NEIGE, 4 years ago@User.493d09
Read the description: "shortkeys cannot override Firefox default shortcuts such as: ctrl+j, alt+d and
others using the "Do nothing" action *outside of the webpage* e.g. the default firefox chortcut will still work in the url bar/ search bar"
It's only for adding additional shortkeys, not for changing the default one, as it doesn't seem possible with a web-extension yet.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14448194, 4 years agoSimply does not work for default shortcuts. I want to disable ctrl+w for a webpage that has a terminal emulator, and ctrl+w is one of the shortcuts I need to enter. I try to disable it through the extension, and it does not work even after restarting the whole browser. Does not do what is described.