- by itaintmebabe, 3 days agoRated 4 out of 5It did what I wanted most, to use Alt+Enter to open Full Screen, though I can't toggle Full Screen with the same combination...
It seems also to be able to open bookmarklet in current tub, but how can I choose which bookmarklet I want to assign to a shortcut?
- by Xii-Nyth, 23 days agoRated 4 out of 5ok so weird thing that might be throughing people off is you type out the key,not press it, to set the shortcut. Also disabling 'alt' even in in the context of a page as far as highlighted text doesnt work. oddly though, remapping it to something like open new tab does.
- by Firefox user 17137151, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5Firefox 94, it works. Shortcuts seem to only work in tabs that were opened after you saved the preference. So, if the extension doesn't appear to work, restart the browser and you should be good to go!
I use this to disable Option+Home, which immediately navigates "home" (blank tab) and loses any filled-in form data on the page. Was bumping that key combo all the time because the keys are adjacent on my Kinesis!
- by waldyrious, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5A little cumbersome to set up (e.g. I forgot to press the "Save shortcuts" button and thought it wasn't working), but after it's configured, it works perfectly! I finally was able to disable Firefox's bookmarks sidebar shortcut (Ctrl+B) which I activate by mistake all the time when trying to paste something (Ctrl+V).
- by RyanB, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5It definitely works on Firefox 90 (the latest). Make sure you go to the GitHub page (linked in the add-on's description) and click the "Wiki" tab near the top to make sure you're setting it up right.
- by NaCl, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5To the reviewers calling people idiots: if using the add on isn't intuitive its just as bad as having a non working add on. To access the activation options you need to press the ">" on the left for each short cut.
Adding some simple tutorial would have cleared up most of the bad reviews. How can you blame people for messing up when every other add on gives you an introduction? Anyway, great add on but read the github and make sure to activate the shortcut.
- by Luke Alexander, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5To people who are saying this doesn't work: once you are on the 'Manage Your Extensions' page, you just need to click the little gear button near the top, and then click 'manage extension shortcuts' at the bottom of the pop-up menu. The description should perhaps be updated, but the add-on works. Make sure what you want is on the list though; and this add-on can't override existing shortcuts.