Reviews for Shortkeys (Custom Keyboard Shortcuts) for Firefox
Shortkeys (Custom Keyboard Shortcuts) for Firefox by Peter Malecka, Mike Crittenden
- Rated 5 out of 5by Ben, 2 years agoIt's dead - I wanted to match the shortcut for the sidebar to my 'normal' system sidebar shortcut, but I can't.
- Rated 5 out of 5by waldyrious, 2 years agoA little cumbersome to set up (e.g. I forgot to press the "Save shortcuts" button and thought it wasn't working), but after it's configured, it works perfectly! I finally was able to disable Firefox's bookmarks sidebar shortcut (Ctrl+B) which I activate by mistake all the time when trying to paste something (Ctrl+V).
- Rated 5 out of 5by RyanB, 2 years agoIt definitely works on Firefox 90 (the latest). Make sure you go to the GitHub page (linked in the add-on's description) and click the "Wiki" tab near the top to make sure you're setting it up right.
- Rated 4 out of 5by NaCl, 2 years agoTo the reviewers calling people idiots: if using the add on isn't intuitive its just as bad as having a non working add on. To access the activation options you need to press the ">" on the left for each short cut.
Adding some simple tutorial would have cleared up most of the bad reviews. How can you blame people for messing up when every other add on gives you an introduction? Anyway, great add on but read the github and make sure to activate the shortcut.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Luke Alexander, 2 years agoTo people who are saying this doesn't work: once you are on the 'Manage Your Extensions' page, you just need to click the little gear button near the top, and then click 'manage extension shortcuts' at the bottom of the pop-up menu. The description should perhaps be updated, but the add-on works. Make sure what you want is on the list though; and this add-on can't override existing shortcuts.
- Rated 1 out of 5by rom85, 2 years agoIn Firefox 89 there is just no option in the addon's preferences to add a shortcut. Doesn't work.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Ashish, 2 years agoThis extension works but the many people that are leaving 0 stars don't have a single brain cell to figure it out. Like Sahil who said alt+left did not work, I tried it and it worked fine. If you can't figure out how to use tech due to your own stupidity don't bother leaving negative reviews
- Rated 5 out of 5by harl windwolf, 2 years agoSadly, most of the reviews saying that Shortkeys isn't working for them, are prime examples of people who haven't read (or don't understand) the extension's description as well as its documentation (on GitHub).
Some of them apparently don't understand how WebExtensions work.
If you're unsure something is working as intended and/or if you're trying to get help in that respect, you should use GitHub to file a ticket and not try to pressure them with these unwarranted reviews.
The devs haven't been noticeably active in the past couple of months, so I seriously hope that this extension will continue to work as long as possible.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Sahil, 2 years agoThis extension isn't working for me.., i wanted to assign rightAlt+leftArrow to "Go Back" but it didn't work. FYI: I tried to map "alt+left" to "Go back" but this extension failed to do so.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12267460, 2 years agoDoesn't work. I only want to map backspace to previous page and F5 to reload a page. Neither of these works.