- by Firefox user 12833352, 6 months agoRated 3 out of 5I will increase this rating once I have closure - what is the reason for the added permissions? Does it just need to download files, and accessing download history is associated? What files does it need to download that it can't do through updates? Or is it supposed to enable shortcuts that download or access download history? Sorry to the developer(s) if this isn't the ideal place to ask, but it didn't seem appropriate to ask as an issue on Github either. Thank you for your time, I like this extension.
- by sinekonata, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Maybe this was done for Chrome or something but I can't get ctrl+left to reliably go back. It only does so on certain sites, and it seems that it is overwritten by the site itself like DDG to be left instead of ctr+left.
In short, it behaves only partly like alt+left
- by Clemens Ratte-Polle, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5is there a function to switch to the last used, opened tab?
"previous tab" does mean the tab before in the row.
"last tab" does mean the last tab in the tab row?
there must be a jump back in tab-time :)
What means "next Tab", "previous Tab"?
Tab position or "tab history"?
Switch to the left/right tab or switch to the last watched tab?
Name it: "Swutch Tab right" or left :)
- by Firefox user 14655153, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Next/previous tab commands don't work if the tab you're in is loading or one of the Firefox config/profiles/preferences pages, nor, weirdly, can you move from the rightmost pinned tab to the leftmost unpinned tab. This left/right tabbing was why I installed the plugin, having used Firefox's built-in option to redefine ctrl+tab to point to the last-visited tab. Not a deal-breaker, but I'm going to seek out something better.
- by forMoz, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5This is the most amount of permissions I have seen any addon ask for. What on earth does assigning a key have anything to do with accessing my data on all web pages ??
Updated to 3star as the dev disclosed why the permissions. Seems very intrusive and am going back to Vivaldi because FF is lousy about giving us control in this matter.
- by EVADER, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Hi.
Can you please add the shortcut option to open the bookmarks sidebar (Ctrl+B)?
I use the option a lot and I would like to make it open the Firefox bookmark sidebar by pressing the F1 key.
When can you add that option?
- by Firefox user 12583337, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I don't understand why this addon needs permission to dowload files and change download history. The dev might have his reason and I didn't duck any stars in my review over that but it made me really uncomfortable so I thought I'd mention it. Next, the available actions are quite limited, I just wanted to be able to subsitute Ctrl-H which brings up history sidebar for the history window. It's a pretty basic action and I was suprised to not find it there. [Edit Re Dev Reply] Thanks that makes sense.The downloads permission is needed for the Clear Downloads action. Feel free to review the code in github.
Please come to github and raise an issue, if there are any actions you would like to be added.
- by Firefox user 13467871, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Please add an option to disable the "ignore key combination when in a textbox " feature, to make it so that the shortcuts work everywhere, just like native firefox shortcuts.
Also, an "undo close tab" action would be a great addition to the program.If your shortcut does not work when an input is focused, this can be turned off in Shortcut Options -> Activation Settings -> ticking the option Active while in form fields. This - however still applies to the webpage context only, and does not apply to url bar and search bar.
The Undo close tab action will be there in the next version.
- by Firefox user 12786924, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I use it to remap "Previous / Next tab" (via "option-command-n" and "option-command-e") and it only works after a website is "loaded" and it doesn't work on all tabs (for example: it doesn't work on the "Add-ons Manager" tab or other system tabs).Unfortunately, as of now this is a limitation of Firefox API. A new version is coming that moves the loading of the addon a bit sooner, but the page needs to be mostly loaded for it to work.