- by Ashish, 10 days agoRated 5 out of 5This extension works but the many people that are leaving 0 stars don't have a single brain cell to figure it out. Like Sahil who said alt+left did not work, I tried it and it worked fine. If you can't figure out how to use tech due to your own stupidity don't bother leaving negative reviews
- by Léon, 18 days agoRated 5 out of 5A big THANK YOU to Peter Malecka and Mike Crittenden for offering this app. Chromium browsers and Firefox do not share the same set of keyboard shortcuts, which could cause unexpected issues when the wrong combination is used. With this extension, I can have the same shortcuts everywhere and close idle tabs rather easily. So grateful!
- by harl windwolf, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Sadly, most of the reviews saying that Shortkeys isn't working for them, are prime examples of people who haven't read (or don't understand) the extension's description as well as its documentation (on GitHub).
Some of them apparently don't understand how WebExtensions work.
If you're unsure something is working as intended and/or if you're trying to get help in that respect, you should use GitHub to file a ticket and not try to pressure them with these unwarranted reviews.
The devs haven't been noticeably active in the past couple of months, so I seriously hope that this extension will continue to work as long as possible.
- by Youareyou, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5Works exactly how it is described in the description, all the negative reviews are people who didn't actually read what this extension can do and what its limitations are.
- by NC, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Probably one of the most under-appreciated (by public rating) Extensions on the entire Firefox Add-ons site. This Extension is one of the most powerful Add-ons any Firefox customization hacker could hope for. Unfortunately for them the source of that power is also the likely cause for the low rating, using its best features (hotkey initiated custom JS) requires extensive developer knowledge and testing time. Couple that with the incredibly unfriendly tiny UI Window (with hidden Save Button) and it is no wonder new users find difficulty & rate it low.
It seems like the "Run custom JS" feature is treated as an afterthought, but I wish the devs would extend it, for example: JQuery support; custom CSS/HTML/DOM; pass dynamic parameters to commands (ie: use JS to find a particular anchor or img.src then go to it in a new tab); Download/Save a resource by URL (option to bypass save-as dialog); would be awesome to be able to call a particular context menu item of an object on the page;
Currently I am using multiple add-ons to do most of what I need, but as I mentioned even without those dream features this is by far one of my favorite extensions available. HIGHLY RECOMMEND for those that know how to code.
- by Clint Priest, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This extension has a few downsides in its UI, but for its built-in shortcut keys (manageable through browser shortcuts), they work like a charm.
A shame it seems to no longer be maintained.