- by Максим, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5People say here that the extension doesn't work but won't specify what exactly doesn't work. It actually works fine. Nevertheless there's a bug: when you enable "Sync to other devices" the entry will disappear.
- by no_traps, a year agoRated 4 out of 5A great addon that is a bit crippled on Firefox, sadly, due to browser limitations. I was hoping it could make up for Firefox' lack of shortcuts for internal pages.
E: seems the last update made the interface fit the Options tab better. Great stuff.
- by Firefox user 14358075, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5seriously, though, the fact that i had to look at the reviews to see a complaint about the UX before I understood how to save an action is crazy. -1 for that, great otherwise.
- by PERCE-NEIGE, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5@User.493d09
Read the description: "shortkeys cannot override Firefox default shortcuts such as: ctrl+j, alt+d and
others using the "Do nothing" action *outside of the webpage* e.g. the default firefox chortcut will still work in the url bar/ search bar"
It's only for adding additional shortkeys, not for changing the default one, as it doesn't seem possible with a web-extension yet.
- by Davin, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Could better if it adds "Page Up" "Page Down" actions to dropdown choices. "Scroll" and "Scroll more" is not enough. Thanks for a great extension so far. I love it!
- by Riksoft, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5V. 2.2.7: Great addon that has now added "close tabs on the right" and "close tabs on the left", in its list of predefined actions.
CONS: these 2 actions work only on some pages. E.g., from the page I'm now writing this review it doesn't work (and it's not a matter of input field because I've put the focus on the page).
SUGGESTION: Maybe (or maybe not because that is button) in this open source addon
can be found the trick to improve this one, because that addon is working even from the about:addon page.
- by lullabee, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5For me, customizable keybinds are mandatory, so this addon is a god-send.
The only problem I see is that it waits for the page to be fully loaded before working.
If this can be fixed (maybe loading content scripts on page opening / removing load checks for appropriate actions like tab switching), I'll update my rating to 5 instead of 4.
- by naoric, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Loved it on Chrome and was very glad to find it here!
One thing still bothers me though - the sites filter doesn't work whether I'm trying to restrict site pattern or whitelist others..
It it just me?
- by Firefox user 13256743, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Would it be possible to have the shortcuts defined in the extension have higher priority than those in the page? I use alt+arrow to switch tabs, but it only works if I'm not in a text field otherwise it tries to navigate within the field (a function I don't really use).
Apart from that I greatly enjoy the addon as it's the only webextension I know off able to customize keyboard shortcuts in Firefox Nightly.
- by eriador, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I'll rate again later, I haven't tried it yet as it says it's "not compatible with Firefox 55.0.2" so I'll have to wait for FF 57. I need it because the KeyBinder addon I was using won't be upgraded to WebExtensions.
Quick question: can I use it to assign the function keys to the downloads window and to the bookmarks sidebar, so that I can open them quickly?
EDIT: I'm not a coder so i can't submit pull requests to your github, and the issues section seems disabled. Since this is a FF-specific request, I cannot open an issue for the original chrome-shortkeys either...EDIT: Issues now enabled on Github. I looked into the current API for webextension on FF, and the API for opening the Downloads window/bookmark panel. Sorry
there's no need to wait for FF57, this will become compatibile with earlier version of FF (47-*) with the new version of the addon. It's already submmitted and awaiting review from AMO.
Bookmarks window and Downloads window is not currently supported. Feel free to submit a PR or open an issue on github: https://github.com/pmalecka/chrome-shortkeys
Currently the following actions are supported:
- Run custom JS
- Do nothing (for disabling a Chrome shortcut you don't like)
- Open a bookmark or bookmarklet
- Scroll up/down/left/right by a little or a lot
- Scroll to the top or bottom of the page
- Go back or forward in history
- Jump to existing tab by URL
- Open new tab with URL
- Switch to the previous/next/first/last tab
- Create a new tab or close the current tab
- Clone the current tab
- Close all (unpinned) tabs except for current tab
- Reload the page
- Copy the current URL
- Pin/Unpin the current tab
- Move the current tab left or right
- Zoom in/out/reset
- Blacklist or whitelist specific shortcuts on specific sites
- Clear downloads (page and bar)
- Click button and switch to next tab (for Tribal Wars players)