- by Supernaut, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great job! It's open source and easy to set up with your existing bookmarks folder(s). I really like that there's no signup or extra cloud services needed. It's pretty much the best speed dial available for Firefox.
The only reason that I'm not giving it 5 stars is because there's no way to create new pages w/o completely filling all the grid cells of the previous one. There needs to be page tabs (w/ an add page button), instead of the scrolling pages.
- by European_ES, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5practically a worthy alternative for the former, excellent "Fast Dial" extension (discontinued). finally.
but some features are missing to become as fast and comfortable as Fast Dial. Where is the "update/reload all" dials function? smooth scrolling and a better performance would be great.
Quick Dial comes very close to Fast Dial but not there yet. Why not contacting the Fast Dial developer? Maybe he shares code with you to improve Quick Dial?Thanks for your feedback.
It's very hard to add all features of FD with the new FF API, this why FD was not ported.
I've firstly added features that I use and try add more when I find time but update/reload all can not used as it beacause some website need the capture in new tab and for the smooth scrolling need a fully refactory of the grid.
Help is welcome on https://github.com/MatMoul/quickdial-webext
- by Firefox user 13380529, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5There's only one problem I have with this extension.
Whenever I open Firefox and it restores my previous session, this extension replaces the tab I was on with a "New Tab" instead of loading said tab.
Apart from that, this is the lightest Speed-dial-like extension I've found so far, no need to create an account or do some random stuff before setting up like you want it to.
Would really appreciate if the developer could take a look at that issue though.
- by Firefox user 12666176, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great addition. It would not be bad if there was export and import for transfer.
And there is a small problem - in Firefox at startup, when an open session is restored - in the fixed tabs the Quick Dial page opens. You have to click "Back" to return to the saved page.For the export, look the previous comment... Adding an export feature need time and I'm messing it. Contributors is welcome...
For the second issue, look here : https://github.com/MatMoul/quickdial-webext/issues/144
- by Константин, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hello developers!
How to save all bookmarks with QuickDial sketches when reinstalling windows (version 1903)?
Thanks youIf you reinstall your system, it's best to backup all your Firefox profiles...
Restoring only QD need to extract the QD plugins settings and datastore...
On Windows, these files is stored in your appdata profile folder.
- by Firefox user 15004113, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5With Firefox 67 it seems the add-on is not working properly. So it's no longer possible to link the Firefox homepage directly to Quick Dial, eg. by clicking the house icon. That's pretty annoying.
It still works fine when you open a new tab.
- by Firefox user 13133600, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Pretty good. Lightweight and Easy to use. Opensource. Not as bloated as most other quick dial addons, no cloud nonsense.
Profile Import/export and sync option that works over network folders or dropbox/gdrive/other would be appreciated.
- by aa030331, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5It's a nice add-on to put some shortcuts in the new page, but there are still a few problems.
1. when I close and reopen FF, my restored Tabs will turn into quick dial tabs , so there will be dozens of QD tabs and I have to click last-page button to restore them one by one.
2. Is there any possible to make a search bar in the QD page? It's more convenient to search when you have too many icons on the toolbar.
3. It will be very convenient to drag-&-drop a Tab or a Hyperlink to become a shortcut
4. I hope I can rearrange my shortcuts and folders with it's title/last used time/added time/used frequency.
However, thanks for making this useful add-on.
Thanks for replying my comment.
1. Problem solved.
2. I have many icon next to my address bar and sometimes I need to put two FF side to side, so the address bar became too small..... But it's OK that you don't want to put an extra thing on it.
3.&4. Take your time, though I wish you have 48 Hrs a day, hehehe.....Thanls for your feedback...
1. Try to increase "startpage timeout" value in QD settings...
2. For me, the adress bar is the place to make search...
3. Good idea, open an issue on github...
4. The sorting feature is in my TODO list but I missing time ;-)