Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13522774, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Unlike this extension, there's another popular tab dial extension that requires cloud storage. This is much better, its Open Source and straight forward, but has enough features to make it the best of its kind on Firefox. Great work.
- by Firefox user 14567700, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I love this extension! There are a lot of quick dials, but many are not open source, and collect user data. I Love that it saves your links in bookmarks, rather than a cloud service, letting you choose to use Firefox sync or back them up to a file. Much better for user privacy. There are plenty of customization options, like choosing your own icons instead of screenshots. It's also very lightweight, so there's no delay before it loads every time you open a tab like there is with some similar extensions. An easy 5 stars!Not sure what's your problem...
Can you open an issue on github with more infos or a video...
EDIT : Thanks for you re-review...
- by Firefox user 14612442, a year agoRated 4 out of 5I was looking for a new slim dial addon and found this one. It's easy to setup and maintain but I only lack one feature: shortcuts.
In older Firefox versions I was running an addon which provided shortcuts for e.g. dial 1 on CTRL+1, dial 2 on CTRL+2 etc.
Is there any possibility you can implement that?
- by GT, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I like this add-on more than other similar ones, especially since the customized images used for the icons is stored locally in the one file (storage.js). Therefore, easily backed up if needed. An export and import would be more helpful.
[See below*] The one problem I experienced is mentioned by another user "override links that I tried to open from e-mail and desktop".
The problem here is when opening a link from an email when Firefox is closed.
Firefox starts up then Quick-Dial opens up in a tab, but the link from the email fails to open in a tab. However, if Firefox is already running then the link will be opened in a tab. Other Dials do not seem to have this problem.
Otherwise it is deserving of 5 stars.
*Thanks for the quick response, your suggestion worked, I had to use 10000 for the Startpage timeout. This is probably due to the fact that I have quite a few add-ons. Thanks again, I decided it deserves a rating more closer to 5, then just 4.Thanks for your return, try to edit QD Settings - StartPage Timeout...
You can set this value to 0 for disabling the feature but if you encouter some white page with QD as startpage, try to increase the value
*Thanks for your re-review...
- by Firefox user 12621326, a year agoRated 5 out of 5The add-on rewrites the homepage and external links AGAIN. Latest good version was 0.1.15.
I will never use it anymore! :(
EDIT 01.05.2019 20:07
I am already pleased. Everything else is wonderful. I give five stars again. :)sorry for the inconvenience, I've just made an update with a new parameter in QD settings "Startpage timoute" that you can set to 0 for disabling the feature added in 0.1.16
Thanks for your re-review...
- by Дмитрий, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Не работает
попробовал снова установить.
Указал папку с закладками от Fast Dial
Все сразу заработало.
НО! Не работает кнопка НАЗАД если зайти в папку.
tried to install again.
Indicated bookmark folder from Fast Dial
Everything worked right away.
BUT! The BACK button does not work if you enter the folder.
- by Earendur, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Отличное дополнение. После краха FastDial долго искал что-то похожее, столь же легковесное, без синхронизации с какими бы то ни было серверами и в то же время настраиваемое. Рад, что дело живёт и процветает.
* У кого при запуске браузера вместо домашней страницы открывается страница визуальных закладок, открывайте страницу изменения настроек Firefox (about:config) и меняйте значение "extensions.webextensions.background-delayed-startup" с true на false.
- by Firefox user 14498887, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Very simple, but so good! I've tried many 'highly customizable' speed dial addons but this is the first one that is actually clean, uncluttered and lightweight. I've also yet to encounter any major bug, which isn't something I can say about alternative similar addons.
Someone requested user setup examples : https://i.imgur.com/wbb7lAA.png
- by admmgmail, a year agoRated 5 out of 5It is a Masterpiece, im happy with this! actually i would like to see some customized bookmark from other users.. just to improve what i already have.. at least an screenshot or something, anyone?
- by Loran A. Rendel, a year agoRated 3 out of 5When I open firefox, the addon replaces the active tab, and I must go back for each window active tab.
- by Jay163, a year agoRated 2 out of 5After upgrading to Firefox 63.0.1 this addon is showing as a pinned tab whenever I start Firefox. This causes me to lose the real pinned tab that Quick dial replaced. Not good. After I disabled Quick Dial and restarted Firefox my pinned tab is back. This has to be some kind of bug.