Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by aa030331, a year agoRated 5 out of 5It's a nice add-on to put some shortcuts in the new page, but there are still a few problems.
1. when I close and reopen FF, my restored Tabs will turn into quick dial tabs , so there will be dozens of QD tabs and I have to click last-page button to restore them one by one.
2. Is there any possible to make a search bar in the QD page? It's more convenient to search when you have too many icons on the toolbar.
3. It will be very convenient to drag-&-drop a Tab or a Hyperlink to become a shortcut
4. I hope I can rearrange my shortcuts and folders with it's title/last used time/added time/used frequency.
However, thanks for making this useful add-on.
Thanks for replying my comment.
1. Problem solved.
2. I have many icon next to my address bar and sometimes I need to put two FF side to side, so the address bar became too small..... But it's OK that you don't want to put an extra thing on it.
3.&4. Take your time, though I wish you have 48 Hrs a day, hehehe.....
Developer responseposted a year agoThanls for your feedback...
1. Try to increase "startpage timeout" value in QD settings...
2. For me, the adress bar is the place to make search...
3. Good idea, open an issue on github...
4. The sorting feature is in my TODO list but I missing time ;-)
- by Firefox user 14703398, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Very good addon. Just anoying two things. Is it possible to fix them in the future? After firefox start, the coursor doesnt go into adress bar. You have to click on it, to start writing. The coursor should be there on tab start. Second - After deleting a bookmark, the others should move - rearrange, so there are no blank fields between them. Just the two things and it would be perfect for me ;)Hi,
For your first request, the focus in the adress bar, I try to find a solution...
You can add an issue on github for this...
For your second request, it's not my first idea, I prefer that my tiles stay on the same place...
But I can provide that in the future, just add an issue on Github so I do not forget it
- by Michael Chelterton, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great addon. But! After final setting go to "Grid" and change the name of "Root Folder". Then change back to original name "Quick Dial" and.... nothing. Just "undefined". So, that's way I loose all settings of my bookmarks. Please, fix it.Thanks for your feedback,
It seem normal, when you switch your root, you start a new config...
Normally, this parameter is set once at the beginning
If you want more open an issue on https://github.com/MatMoul/quickdial-webext/issues
- by Flush, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Классное дополнение! Вполне заменил мне любимый FastDial.
1. Растягивает превью некоторых сайтов, если можно исправьте. (соотношением сторон в сетке не получается изменить отдельные превью, только все)
2. В моем случае, не всегда корректно подгружает превью, после команды "обновить" в контекстном меню QuickDial. Поэтому приходится захватывать превьюшку c новой вкладки с задержкой 10000.Thanks for your feedback
1. Try to adjust the ratio in QD settings - Grid
For Capture in new tab, at now, you need to size your window manually
2. Some website can't be captured with the integrated update method...
For this you can capture it in new tab but 10000s is very strange, 2000s is the default value
Don't mess that you can open issue on https://github.com/MatMoul/quickdial-webext/issues
- by Firefox user 13522774, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Unlike this extension, there's another popular tab dial extension that requires cloud storage. This is much better, its Open Source and straight forward, but has enough features to make it the best of its kind on Firefox. Great work.
- by Firefox user 14567700, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love this extension! There are a lot of quick dials, but many are not open source, and collect user data. I Love that it saves your links in bookmarks, rather than a cloud service, letting you choose to use Firefox sync or back them up to a file. Much better for user privacy. There are plenty of customization options, like choosing your own icons instead of screenshots. It's also very lightweight, so there's no delay before it loads every time you open a tab like there is with some similar extensions. An easy 5 stars!Not sure what's your problem...
Can you open an issue on github with more infos or a video...
EDIT : Thanks for you re-review...
- by Firefox user 14612442, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I was looking for a new slim dial addon and found this one. It's easy to setup and maintain but I only lack one feature: shortcuts.
In older Firefox versions I was running an addon which provided shortcuts for e.g. dial 1 on CTRL+1, dial 2 on CTRL+2 etc.
Is there any possibility you can implement that?
- by GT, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I like this add-on more than other similar ones, especially since the customized images used for the icons is stored locally in the one file (storage.js). Therefore, easily backed up if needed. An export and import would be more helpful.
[See below*] The one problem I experienced is mentioned by another user "override links that I tried to open from e-mail and desktop".
The problem here is when opening a link from an email when Firefox is closed.
Firefox starts up then Quick-Dial opens up in a tab, but the link from the email fails to open in a tab. However, if Firefox is already running then the link will be opened in a tab. Other Dials do not seem to have this problem.
Otherwise it is deserving of 5 stars.
*Thanks for the quick response, your suggestion worked, I had to use 10000 for the Startpage timeout. This is probably due to the fact that I have quite a few add-ons. Thanks again, I decided it deserves a rating more closer to 5, then just 4.Thanks for your return, try to edit QD Settings - StartPage Timeout...
You can set this value to 0 for disabling the feature but if you encouter some white page with QD as startpage, try to increase the value
*Thanks for your re-review...
- by Firefox user 12621326, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5The add-on rewrites the homepage and external links AGAIN. Latest good version was 0.1.15.
I will never use it anymore! :(
EDIT 01.05.2019 20:07
I am already pleased. Everything else is wonderful. I give five stars again. :)sorry for the inconvenience, I've just made an update with a new parameter in QD settings "Startpage timoute" that you can set to 0 for disabling the feature added in 0.1.16
Thanks for your re-review...
- by Дмитрий, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Не работает
попробовал снова установить.
Указал папку с закладками от Fast Dial
Все сразу заработало.
НО! Не работает кнопка НАЗАД если зайти в папку.
tried to install again.
Indicated bookmark folder from Fast Dial
Everything worked right away.
BUT! The BACK button does not work if you enter the folder.
- by Earendur, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Отличное дополнение. После краха FastDial долго искал что-то похожее, столь же легковесное, без синхронизации с какими бы то ни было серверами и в то же время настраиваемое. Рад, что дело живёт и процветает.
* У кого при запуске браузера вместо домашней страницы открывается страница визуальных закладок, открывайте страницу изменения настроек Firefox (about:config) и меняйте значение "extensions.webextensions.background-delayed-startup" с true на false.