- by CodemanV, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5This plugin was fantastic until it stopped working all of a sudden. Nothing to do with updates of anykind, (Windows, Firefox, etc.) it just stopped updating it's database with any new additions or changes made.
It has retained the old bookmarks and customisations made but to make matters worse it rescans and resets ALL the new bookmarks added and this introduces a lot of lag & CPU spiking which makes my PC feel really sluggish. Also this rescan renames all the new bookmarks added in the actual Bookmarks folder.
A few people including myself have reported this issue but there doesn't seem to be any interest in fixing it.
So this addon is now unusable. Such a shame as I had this addon setup nice and functional over the time I used it.
- by Firefox user 5891243, 10 months agoRated 1 out of 5I have tried numerous times, on 3 laptops, to get this extension to work. Oh, it will put bookmarks on its page, all right, but when you close firefox and come back to it a day later, ALL THE BOOKMARKS ARE GONE from the Quick Dial page.
GONE. Disappeared. Time after time I've re-entered them, only to have them disappear.
Not a good Add-on. It won't even recover the QD bookmarks with a profile re-load.
Oh well. I had such high hopes. Time to find another Add-on, I guess.
(Version 0.1.19 FF77)
- by Firefox user 13959895, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Нельзя перетаскивать ссылки в папки, нельзя копировать или вырезать ссылки что бы перенести в папку.
Если Вы хотите сохранить какую-то ссылку в папку Вам надо делать это через стандартный менеджер закладок.
Я бы поставил -5 балов. Бесполезное не доделанное расширение.
В любых других подобных аналогах можно ссылки переносить в папки без проблем...
Исправите, изменю отзыв ...
- by Lantzgd, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I've just spent a few days reviewing a few of the available dial apps available for Firefox on MAC, and after deciding on Quick Dial, performed a few preliminary task on my end and was ready to go.
Downloaded Quick Dial, followed the link, "First Start Video", only to discover that there's NO audio for the video, and NO discernible information on how to actual use the app.
So while I'm sure those who have discovered some hidden treasure trove of "How To", and other such, "Useful Hints", and are likely enjoying Quick Dial, all I can do, at this time, is stare at a grayish blue blank page, without any ideas about to proceed, how to use, or who to contact about this disappointing Firefox app.
ANY ASSISTANCE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.Sorry, I don't speak fluent english and I've just made a video without sound...
I never tested on Mac but on PC, when you see the context menu, I click on the right button of the mouse...
On Mac, if your mouse has only one button, try to click and maintain the button 1 or 2 sec...
PS : It's more easy to exchange on github : https://github.com/MatMoul/g810-led/issues
- by Firefox user 14042104, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Sorry to say, but the experience to import bookmarks is not exactly smooth nor obvious.
Yes, importing is mentioned in the add-ons' page, but it doesn't say how it's done at all. The contextual menu from right-clicking on the background would have been a nice place and obvious place where to include a way to import dials/bookmarks. But it wasn't there.
I would have given more stars, but this is the most important thing for me, as I don't want to spend a long time just recreating my already existing dials. I will admit it, I am rather upset at the moment, for the lack of support for this very simple and basic feature. I couldn't even find a quick tutorial on how to do it!
- by shyguy80-bln, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This doesnt work on Firefox Quantum 58.0.2 (64-Bit) on Win10. I only see a white blank page in new tabs and on startpage.
- by Firefox user 12550056, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Several times a day when working with bookmarks, the settings are reset to default and the file storage.js is empty.
Also note the huge memory consumption when processing bookmarks.
Why JSON, but not sqlite?
"Now, with more than 10'000 users, I've received less than 10 requests for data corruption." (MatMoul commented on 11 Dec 2017)
Need more than 10 users to solve the problem?
There are more of them, judging by the comments.I've choose to use storage.js because it's the only solution that is preserved in all case when your exit your Firefox.
I've provide a reply for this on github : https://github.com/MatMoul/quickdial-webext/issues/70
I'll try to find an alternative solution but I work on my free time and my job is too intensive these month.
I hope to find time the next month...
- by Firefox user 13244106, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This addon to make my browser freezes each press of 3-5 seconds. It's unbearable.
Moreover, for some of the tabs are not displayed correctly on the preview.
- by Firefox user 13221270, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Mmm... How is this even working? I push addon button and it opens me plain grey page. Absolutely nothing there. No separate window options for addon either. What is this? Gonna looks for another speed dial.