- Rated 5 out of 5Quick Dial: Отличное дополнение! Хорошо настраивается. Отлично работает!
- Rated 5 out of 5Hello, I moved from FastDial by telega to your QuickDial. From what I noticed, it is impossible to save the settings of appearance, settings, thumbnails and placement, fonts, colors, etc. after backing up .json bookmarks in FastDial, I could then easily restore everything and all saved bookmark thumbnails, their captions and texts and settings and placement were saved after reloading.
By backing up QuickDial bookmarks and trying to restore it (e.g. after reinstalling the system, removing the QuickDial add-in, removing / reinstalling Firefox on the system or after losing bookmark settings, etc. in firefox) all bookmarks are restored but their names and signatures and all thumbnails, order settings and placements are reset and automatically generated randomly.
I have a lot of bookmarks. On FastDial, reconfiguring the thumbnail appearance, display text size, etc., took me a very short time. On QuickDial, everything resets and you have to set everything up every time, retype it which takes a long time. Firefox accounts and synchronization, unfortunately, does not help and you can not save the settings and configurations because I have already tried to do it.
It would be nice and great if you thought about the possibility of exporting / importing QuickDial settings that you could quickly create and load to use previously saved patterns and settings created by yourself so that you don't have to set everything from beginning to end after resetting all settings. I leave you five stars that is the maximum rating for this addon in the hope that this add-on in the not too distant future will be further developed and improved and will not be dead looking all the time as in the current version. Best regards.
Developer responseposted 17 days agoThanks for your feedback
It's better to ask feature on github : https://github.com/MatMoul/quickdial-webext
For the migration from FastDial to QuickDial, it's too hard, for other requestes, I'm open but need time...
- Rated 4 out of 5Не хватило прозрачности для Border Color, а в остальном вроде бы всё ровно, настраивается достаточно гибко.
- Rated 5 out of 5So far so good! Though I have a problem when I make a change to bookmarks. The remove one just leave blank space. New one replace the empty slot regardless of sorting in my designated bookmark folder, or in some case as the last dial, which mean you have to scroll to another page for it. Would be good if dials just change to reflect the sorting so I don't have to sorting everything every time I make change to my dials.
Maybe auto-sort option so user that like to make use of empty space can keep thing as it is?Thanks for your feedback, you're correctly described the algo of QD...
Auto-sort would be a good option but I'm sysadmin and I manage the end of Win7, Win2008R2, Exchange2010...
A very hard end of year....
I hope to find time the next year for QD.
But contributor are welcome (https://github.com/MatMoul/quickdial-webext)
- Rated 5 out of 5Very good add-on overall but also very slow: opening a quick dial page hangs the browser for a few seconds every time; the delay grows the longer the browser session is going.
EDIT: I found uMatrix to be the cause of that issue no matter what settings and filters I use for it. Can you have a look ?For me it's the opposite, when I start FF, QD need time to load his config.
Opening a new Window or Tab is very speed.
The only case I know that QD take the same time as FF start is in private mode.
Case 1 : You have an other extention that have side effect with QD
Case 2 : Your FF configuration is the same as the private mode but the delay should not increase
Case 3 : Need investigation...
EDIT: Thanks for the feedback, just tested speedly and with no custom config, seem to work for me.
- Rated 4 out of 5Great job! It's open source and easy to set up with your existing bookmarks folder(s). I really like that there's no signup or extra cloud services needed. It's pretty much the best speed dial available for Firefox.
The only reason that I'm not giving it 5 stars is because there's no way to create new pages w/o completely filling all the grid cells of the previous one. There needs to be page tabs (w/ an add page button), instead of the scrolling pages.
- Rated 5 out of 5Крайне быстрое дополнение.
Не хватает русского языка в настройках, но это не проблема.
- Rated 3 out of 5practically a worthy alternative for the former, excellent "Fast Dial" extension (discontinued). finally.
but some features are missing to become as fast and comfortable as Fast Dial. Where is the "update/reload all" dials function? smooth scrolling and a better performance would be great.
Quick Dial comes very close to Fast Dial but not there yet. Why not contacting the Fast Dial developer? Maybe he shares code with you to improve Quick Dial?Thanks for your feedback.
It's very hard to add all features of FD with the new FF API, this why FD was not ported.
I've firstly added features that I use and try add more when I find time but update/reload all can not used as it beacause some website need the capture in new tab and for the smooth scrolling need a fully refactory of the grid.
Help is welcome on https://github.com/MatMoul/quickdial-webext
- Rated 4 out of 5There's only one problem I have with this extension.
Whenever I open Firefox and it restores my previous session, this extension replaces the tab I was on with a "New Tab" instead of loading said tab.
Apart from that, this is the lightest Speed-dial-like extension I've found so far, no need to create an account or do some random stuff before setting up like you want it to.
Would really appreciate if the developer could take a look at that issue though.
- Rated 5 out of 5Great addition. It would not be bad if there was export and import for transfer.
And there is a small problem - in Firefox at startup, when an open session is restored - in the fixed tabs the Quick Dial page opens. You have to click "Back" to return to the saved page.For the export, look the previous comment... Adding an export feature need time and I'm messing it. Contributors is welcome...
For the second issue, look here : https://github.com/MatMoul/quickdial-webext/issues/144
- Rated 5 out of 5Hello developers!
How to save all bookmarks with QuickDial sketches when reinstalling windows (version 1903)?
Thanks youIf you reinstall your system, it's best to backup all your Firefox profiles...
Restoring only QD need to extract the QD plugins settings and datastore...
On Windows, these files is stored in your appdata profile folder.
- Rated 5 out of 5With Firefox 67 it seems the add-on is not working properly. So it's no longer possible to link the Firefox homepage directly to Quick Dial, eg. by clicking the house icon. That's pretty annoying.
It still works fine when you open a new tab.
- Rated 5 out of 5Pretty good. Lightweight and Easy to use. Opensource. Not as bloated as most other quick dial addons, no cloud nonsense.
Profile Import/export and sync option that works over network folders or dropbox/gdrive/other would be appreciated.
- Rated 4 out of 5Почти идеально, но есть задержка в несколько секунд после запуска браузера.