- Rated 4 out of 5I'd appreciate if you added the possibility to change the font used for the names of the bookmarks (it defaults to a serif font on my machine).It's difficult to provide a good UI to set font but Quick Dial is ready for that...
You can open a debug window (F12) and type in console :
app.settings.grid.cells.titleFont = 'YOURFONTNAME';
After that, make a change on Quick Dial (Add a bookmark , move a tile, ...) to save your change..
- Rated 5 out of 5Great replacement for discontinued Fast Dial. Good job!
- Rated 5 out of 5Very Happy with this Dial because it looks good, works fast and uses local storage . This is a big plus for me. Because privacy is important.
- Rated 5 out of 5Nice replacement for the Fast Dial. I nearly went to another browser and then I found this. Had some struggles installng it but it works nice. I just can' t get it set as my startingpage. Neither of the options in Firefox fires it up after launching the browser. I have to close the startpage and then QD comes up. No big problem but it would be nice if that could be resolved.
- Rated 3 out of 5After the firefox received an update , almost half of the dials which had icons missing and were defaulted to default screenshot of url.
Curiously this happened only to dials for which the icon was selected from a removable drive. This is a bug.
For dials, whose icon was selected from the local drive and although the icon doesn't exist on the drive itself, it stayed correct.
- Rated 4 out of 5I can report that reseting of bookmarks settinngs is happening also for me.
But with diffrence that corrupted storage.js storage file is not created or somehow is cleaned before I find it.
This is same problem as @RustyTrombone reported. (will not speculate here what can be culprit, but FF routines is not excluded).
I really like the addon, and it's usefull.
This issue can be relly irritating for users with a lot of bookmarks.
- Rated 5 out of 5This is a really good addon! Love it.
Few things to consider:
Adding bookmarks to the quick dial is not intuitive. I tried doing it through the bookmark menu, it does not work. The context menu option "New" didn't make sense for me until I watched the video and saw it was part of the Quick Dial addon. Rename it to something more obvious like "Quick Dial Add", just like how the other context menu option is "Quick Dial Settings". Or maybe add a big "plus" button on the QD page.
The Title Border size is off by 1 if it's not transparent. There is a thin line between the Border of the cell and the Border of the title. I have to set the Title Border Size to -1 to fix it.
If I turn down the opacity, the menu settings goes behind the tiles each time I edit a setting.
- Rated 5 out of 5Best launcher out there! WHY? Because I hate clouds!
Only thing I would like to change is the default icon setting. I use custom images, so I prefer "contain", that way they aren't distorted. But it's not a huge deal. Not even enough to lose a star! :-)
- Rated 3 out of 5Создал десятка полтора закладок,расположил в нужном мне порядке.Через какое-то время они сами по себе выстроились в один ряд и где оказался мой порядок?Пока Firefox не обновился использовал Fastdial-проблем не было.
- Rated 5 out of 5Bis jetzt das beste seiner Art.
Drag and Drop, für Lesezeichen, von Lesezeichen und Lesezeichen-Symbolleiste, wäre noch Nice.
So far the best of its kind.
Drag and Drop, for bookmarks, from bookmarks and bookmarks toolbar bar, would be nice.
- Rated 5 out of 5I love this. Thank you for creating this
- Rated 5 out of 5Great, I really like, thanks for sharing. The default color theme is not good enough, I refer to the color theme of firefox, reset the color theme. I want to export and share this setting, please provide this function, thank you for your contribution again.For me, the default color is the same as my default Firefox theme. Look at my video.
But you have the possibility to set many parameters to wrap your theme.
At this time, I don't have time to provide full theme on top of Quick Dial settings.
- Rated 2 out of 5It works great BUT...
The extension can read the content of any web page you visit as well as data you enter into those web pages, such as usernames and passwords.
- Rated 2 out of 5Open up Firefox today and dials are a complete jumble. All (custom) thumbnails, order and settings painstakingly set are completely gone. So disappointing. It will take hours to get back to how it was. I wish had used another dial extension now.
Too late now, but I found how to make backups of the dials file if anyone's interested. In Win 7, the path is:
(besides the storage.js file, there was a file called storage.js.corrupt, so something must have happened)
BTW, how do you change the order of the dials? No matter which key modifier or combination of keys I use (for example ctrl-shift), the dials just swap places. I can't drag and drop to insert dials.
ANSWER TO YOUR REPLY:
How can you be sure it's not Quick Dial responsible for the crash? After all, it's the QD files that's corrupted. What's anyway needed is an easy way to back up settings, or at least explain how to do it manually.
The 2-window drag'n drop is an Ok workaround, wish I had known about it earlier. Maybe another thing for the readme or wiki, like the settings backup. I just don't watch long videos just to find out about a single issue. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.
Anyway, done the hours to get it back to how it was and now have a backup. CheersNow, with more than 10'000 users, I've received less than 10 requests for data corruption.
It seem that is not Quick Dial but an other extention that crash Firefox or a very old harddrive that began to slow or have bad track.
For the second request, when dragging, ff57 deny me to track mouse wheel or page up/down.
But at the end of my video, I show how you can move your dial to a second page. You just need 2 window.
IN REPLY TO REPLY :
For the lost of the settings, I reply on GitHub :
For the wiki, I'm missing time to create it but anyone can help me and work on it.
- Rated 5 out of 5Great start and a very cool idea of integration with the bookmark menu. Needs a slightly more convenient way to move the tiles to subfolders while keeping the tile image, either via a context menu or drag-and-drop. Of lesser priority, would be nice to have some fancier tile graphics options for pulling images from respective sites. Thank you.
- Rated 4 out of 51) - В контекстном меню нет возможности добавить открытой web страницы в созданные группы.
2) - Нет возможности сделать "обновить все" например для всех элементов папки
3) - Если содержимое Quick Dial не помещается на весь экран можем скроллить, но перетянуть элемент (Дип) из одного экрана на другой не получается, приходится менять кол-во строчек и столбцов, что бы переставить ссылки (Дипы )в нужном порядке.
4) - Отсутствует возможность полного резервирования/восстановления настроек и созданных групп, папок (Дипов).
5) - Добавить возможность отдельно изменять размер окон/дипов в под папках/группе.
Ну и в заключении хочется задать вопрос разработчику.
Как скоро будут обнавления и возможность сказанного?
1) - In the context menu there is no possibility to add an open web page to the created groups.
2) - There is no way to make "update all" for example for all items in a folder
3) - If the Quick Dial content can not be placed on the whole screen, we can scroll, but you can not drag the item (Deep) from one screen to another, you have to change the number of lines and columns to rearrange the links (Deepy) in the desired order.
4) - It is not possible to fully backup / restore settings and created groups, folders (Deeps).
5) - Add the ability to separately change the size of windows / depots in the folder / group.
Well, in conclusion, I want to ask the question to the developer.
How soon will the exposures and the possibility of what is said be?
- Rated 5 out of 5Cette application est essentielle pour organiser sa navigation : on peut regrouper les onglets que l'on utilise dans des dossiers et des sous-dossiers. Quick Dial est une excellente extension !