- by Firefox user 16391037, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Since the last 2 updates, my folder changes places everytime, as if it doesn"rt rememebr where I set them. I am extremely organized and need it, but hose mis-organizing problems are really making me considering getting rid with Quick Dial... wich is sad... Is it possible to stop QD to change the place of my organized folders and thumbnails ?
- by Firefox user 12366332, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Love the extension, but as of the latest update to firefox, all of the thumbnails have shifted to the right, with 3 staggered horizontal lines at the top left corner that seem to do nothing. The function of quick dial seems to have stopped working, as well. I can no longer add new bookmarks or customize quick dial in any way.
- by Photogravi, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Every time I close the browser, my last tab is consumed by Quick Dial and when I reopen it takes over that tab. If I remember that the tab has been lost I can click the back arrow and recover it but if I don't the tab gets lost.
Other than that, its one of my favorite add-ons and by far used more than any other in my browser.
- by European_ES, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5practically a worthy alternative for the former, excellent "Fast Dial" extension (discontinued). finally.
but some features are missing to become as fast and comfortable as Fast Dial. Where is the "update/reload all" dials function? smooth scrolling and a better performance would be great.
Quick Dial comes very close to Fast Dial but not there yet. Why not contacting the Fast Dial developer? Maybe he shares code with you to improve Quick Dial?
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThanks for your feedback.
It's very hard to add all features of FD with the new FF API, this why FD was not ported.
I've firstly added features that I use and try add more when I find time but update/reload all can not used as it beacause some website need the capture in new tab and for the smooth scrolling need a fully refactory of the grid.
Help is welcome on https://github.com/MatMoul/quickdial-webext
- by Loran A. Rendel, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5When I open firefox, the addon replaces the active tab, and I must go back for each window active tab.
- by yolandal, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I've used this add-on for a while and worked fine. But now with FF 62 it stopped working! I re-installed the plugin. It remembered my previous URL's, but the thumbs are very large, and I can't change it. Every time I want to r/click to go to the settings nothing happens, and my screen freezes when I want to scroll down.
And when I click on a regular link on my bookmarks the pages doesn't load.
Can you please fix this?
After a lot of hassle and after all deinstalling FVD I reinstalled QD again. It works again now, but I had to reset all my settings and images. After all I'm glad it's working again. Hopefully it will survive the next updates.Link to https://github.com/MatMoul/quickdial-webext/issues/105
It seem this is the same question...
Edit: Thanks for the reply...
The bug is in FVD and I can't made anything... But if you have a backup, (Previous versions on Windows or Time Machine on Mac), you can recover your storage.js in Firefox profile folder (firstname.lastname@example.org/storage.js)
- by Firefox user 13820218, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5If I add a youtube page.
1) NO full a thumbnail of the page.
2) NO full web page title in quick dial.
The addition is too early to make a screenshot of the page. As a result, you see a gray background on the thumbnails.
- by prakash.gourav, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5After the firefox received an update , almost half of the dials which had icons missing and were defaulted to default screenshot of url.
Curiously this happened only to dials for which the icon was selected from a removable drive. This is a bug.
For dials, whose icon was selected from the local drive and although the icon doesn't exist on the drive itself, it stayed correct.
- by Firefox user 13603148, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Создал десятка полтора закладок,расположил в нужном мне порядке.Через какое-то время они сами по себе выстроились в один ряд и где оказался мой порядок?Пока Firefox не обновился использовал Fastdial-проблем не было.
- by Firefox user 13520435, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5soon this addon could be on 5+ score (before this i used Speed Dial as all).
but need to do many "musthave" things, for example:
1). on default we have only 2 screens for dials. i used all space (6x5 1st screen + 6x5 dials 2nd screen) and CANT make 3, 4 ... screens =( not all use "folders". i want to see all dials on main screen-tabs (as in Speed Dial)
2). need to make in preferences click-option on any dial "dont refresh this. Lock" ( example- i make custom screen thumbnail and dont want to refresh it... never)
3). (!!!) BETTER to use TABS (as in any browser at top of page) - not screens-scroll for dials. so we can make *** Tabs at top as in Speed Dial (which mean screens with dials) and option to rename Tabs and choose color/font/size-font/height-width. this is insane usefull !
- by Firefox user 12542752, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Не хватает возможности импорта настроек и сохраненных закладок из Fast Dial.You can copy or move the content of the Fast Dial bookmark's folder.
But you will lost customization of Fast Dial...
I'm missing time to do this feature and the time needed to provide it will offer the it too late.
- by Firefox user 13463339, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Grundsätzlich ganz gut und zufrieden. Nicht so viele Berechtigungen benötigt wie bei anderen Addons. !!
MANGEL 1: Die "Thumbnails" werden nicht korrekt dargestellt. (Einige bei dynamischen Inhalt)
MANGEL 2: Verschieben der Kacheln (nicht tauschen, sondern einschieben oder verschieben)
Dann gibts auch mehr Sterne!
- by Firefox user 13330899, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I am looking for replacement for very good FastDial extension that won't be working with FF 57 and higher. This one seems to be nice but I see many things to work on:
There is no possibility to refresh single or all thumbnails.
There is not possible to write own title for each thubnail.
Some of webpages have not own thumbnail e.g. YouTube and many other.
Try to make it better please :-)
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThis is the first version, adding all features aviable in fast dial take time but I work in this direction...
For the thumbnail, the new webextention has limitation for this.
I've maked a note in the description...