- Rated 5 out of 5by FuGu, 2 years agoFor all those who got trouble because QD isn't shown correctly... deactivate QD and restart FF. After this activate and restart and all is fine!
Thanks to for this great Add On!
- Rated 4 out of 5by techmaster50, 2 years agovery good addon! ty matmoul =) but even after update 30.01.2021 - addon has a serious bug =( CANT create new dials (they created - i see it - and then in 3-4 sec it dissapears forever). much more - the new dial which i try to create - moved not to Quick Dils folder in bookmarks - it mooves in main bookmarks default folder... fix it pls :) ty
- Rated 4 out of 5by Salsa, 2 years agoAfter updating FireFox to version 85.0, the correct operation of the extension is broken: there is no menu of the settings dialog and the display style is broken!
How can I fix the situation: remove the extension and install it again, but you will have to make individual settings, here is a hassle :(
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12366332, 2 years agoLove the extension, but as of the latest update to firefox, all of the thumbnails have shifted to the right, with 3 staggered horizontal lines at the top left corner that seem to do nothing. The function of quick dial seems to have stopped working, as well. I can no longer add new bookmarks or customize quick dial in any way.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Bonzoid, 2 years agoLiebe Entwickler von Quick Dial,
man fragt sich, weshalb die Macher vom Firefox mit ihrer neuen Version nicht ein Augenmerk auf Quick Dial geworfen haben. Die neue Leiste im Firefox 85 ist bei großen Sammlungen von Links lahm und umständlich. Wäre schön, wenn der Fehler in Quick Dial behoben werden könnte, wäre noch schöner, wenn dieses Addon von Mozilla übernommen und eingepflegt werden könnte.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
- Rated 1 out of 5by CodemanV, 2 years agoThis plugin was fantastic until it stopped working all of a sudden. Nothing to do with updates of anykind, (Windows, Firefox, etc.) it just stopped updating it's database with any new additions or changes made.
It has retained the old bookmarks and customisations made but to make matters worse it rescans and resets ALL the new bookmarks added and this introduces a lot of lag & CPU spiking which makes my PC feel really sluggish. Also this rescan renames all the new bookmarks added in the actual Bookmarks folder.
A few people including myself have reported this issue but there doesn't seem to be any interest in fixing it.
So this addon is now unusable. Such a shame as I had this addon setup nice and functional over the time I used it.
- Rated 5 out of 5by bojackbirdman, 2 years agoDoes what I need to in lieu of firefox not having a toolbar only on new tab page. It works great for me, not having any of the issues I have seen reported myself
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 5891243, 2 years agoI have tried numerous times, on 3 laptops, to get this extension to work. Oh, it will put bookmarks on its page, all right, but when you close firefox and come back to it a day later, ALL THE BOOKMARKS ARE GONE from the Quick Dial page.
GONE. Disappeared. Time after time I've re-entered them, only to have them disappear.
Not a good Add-on. It won't even recover the QD bookmarks with a profile re-load.
Oh well. I had such high hopes. Time to find another Add-on, I guess.
(Version 0.1.19 FF77)
- Rated 2 out of 5by Water SKDJ, 3 years agoVery bad experience with this addon. Biggest problem; Firefox Sync. And so it may seem not to be the problem of the enthusiastic developer.
But I've been struggling for hours trying to display 54 links in a simple straight forward display and every time I open up the next FF on the next machine everything syncs to a mess again.
No way to keep the custom name I would like to add because every profile web page just shows my username instead of the site name. Horror!!!
So One setting would be to make sure you can keep a chosen name with one click. NOT by opening properties of each link, changing the name and ticking a box (?!) to make sure the name stays???
Another tip/ hint; Fast Dial used to show the favicon of the website. That is why I still use it in Waterfox. In Waterfox it doesn't create it's own new folder in bookmarks either, you just tell it what bookmarks folder to use.
It's not just your appreciated effort, it's mostly the loss of experienced developpers with this new 'ecosystem'. I give up. I'll leave the page my homepage just in the messy way it wants to present itself. I'll explain to viewers what has happened. Important part of my job anyway, explaining what goes wrong when changes forget who they are changing for.
Us. The People.