- by Davide, a year agoRated 2 out of 5It takes about 10 seconds to open a new tab... the addon freezes for some reason and causes Firefox to use 99% CPU for 10 seconds.
FYI, it depends on the bookmarks i put on the Quick Dial for how long it will freeze. After removing a specific bookmark the freezing changed from 10 seconds to 3 seconds.
- by Water SKDJ, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Very bad experience with this addon. Biggest problem; Firefox Sync. And so it may seem not to be the problem of the enthusiastic developer.
But I've been struggling for hours trying to display 54 links in a simple straight forward display and every time I open up the next FF on the next machine everything syncs to a mess again.
No way to keep the custom name I would like to add because every profile web page just shows my username instead of the site name. Horror!!!
So One setting would be to make sure you can keep a chosen name with one click. NOT by opening properties of each link, changing the name and ticking a box (?!) to make sure the name stays???
Another tip/ hint; Fast Dial used to show the favicon of the website. That is why I still use it in Waterfox. In Waterfox it doesn't create it's own new folder in bookmarks either, you just tell it what bookmarks folder to use.
It's not just your appreciated effort, it's mostly the loss of experienced developpers with this new 'ecosystem'. I give up. I'll leave the page my homepage just in the messy way it wants to present itself. I'll explain to viewers what has happened. Important part of my job anyway, explaining what goes wrong when changes forget who they are changing for.
Us. The People.
- by Jay163, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5After upgrading to Firefox 63.0.1 this addon is showing as a pinned tab whenever I start Firefox. This causes me to lose the real pinned tab that Quick dial replaced. Not good. After I disabled Quick Dial and restarted Firefox my pinned tab is back. This has to be some kind of bug.
- by Firefox user 13742766, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5the add-on stopped working with the version of firefox58.0
- by Rusty Trombone, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Open up Firefox today and dials are a complete jumble. All (custom) thumbnails, order and settings painstakingly set are completely gone. So disappointing. It will take hours to get back to how it was. I wish had used another dial extension now.
Too late now, but I found how to make backups of the dials file if anyone's interested. In Win 7, the path is:
(besides the storage.js file, there was a file called storage.js.corrupt, so something must have happened)
BTW, how do you change the order of the dials? No matter which key modifier or combination of keys I use (for example ctrl-shift), the dials just swap places. I can't drag and drop to insert dials.
ANSWER TO YOUR REPLY:
How can you be sure it's not Quick Dial responsible for the crash? After all, it's the QD files that's corrupted. What's anyway needed is an easy way to back up settings, or at least explain how to do it manually.
The 2-window drag'n drop is an Ok workaround, wish I had known about it earlier. Maybe another thing for the readme or wiki, like the settings backup. I just don't watch long videos just to find out about a single issue. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.
Anyway, done the hours to get it back to how it was and now have a backup. CheersNow, with more than 10'000 users, I've received less than 10 requests for data corruption.
It seem that is not Quick Dial but an other extention that crash Firefox or a very old harddrive that began to slow or have bad track.
For the second request, when dragging, ff57 deny me to track mouse wheel or page up/down.
But at the end of my video, I show how you can move your dial to a second page. You just need 2 window.
IN REPLY TO REPLY :
For the lost of the settings, I reply on GitHub :
For the wiki, I'm missing time to create it but anyone can help me and work on it.
- by Firefox user 13494752, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5This is alright, but it is not very user friendly.
What I like:
- folders in the quick dial
What I miss:
- Simple adding of pages to folders
- ability to see small icons of the pages inside the folder without opening it
- functional sync of speed dial between platforms- For simply adding page to folder, you can use the Firefox bookmars system and choose the folder in Quick Dial.
- Not sure if this is what you want for folder but you can use capture in new tab to make a snapshot of the folder content.
- For sync, I try to find a good solution but I need time.
- by Firefox user 13486466, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5При первом же запуске не понравилось . Отсутствие экспорта и импорта настроек и закладок для переноса на другой компьютер и синхронизации. Дальше не стал пользоваться. Удалил.
- by ClubOK, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Hello,
Please, see on Opera Speed dial or Tabmark for Chrome. Quick Dial is not so good for use.