Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 14042104, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Sorry to say, but the experience to import bookmarks is not exactly smooth nor obvious.
Yes, importing is mentioned in the add-ons' page, but it doesn't say how it's done at all. The contextual menu from right-clicking on the background would have been a nice place and obvious place where to include a way to import dials/bookmarks. But it wasn't there.
I would have given more stars, but this is the most important thing for me, as I don't want to spend a long time just recreating my already existing dials. I will admit it, I am rather upset at the moment, for the lack of support for this very simple and basic feature. I couldn't even find a quick tutorial on how to do it!
- by suikoy, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Very nice addon!
4 stars and not 5 because there are no option to backup/restore your settings (I think that each extension should provide this feature...)
Last thing: an option to refresh every dial would be really useful
- by SenatorIvy, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5A great replacement for the old Fast Dial.
My only complaint is that there's no option to set Quick Dial as the home page, so when I sync my settings across machines my homepage will go blank, since the ID of the extension isn't the same across machines.
EDIT: I sync with Firefox's built in sync, however when the extension is one one machine it seems to have a different guid or whatever than the extension on another machine, so attempting to set my homepage to the mozextension://etcrtcetc doesnt want to work as the addresses dont match for whatever reason.
Sorry to reply in-review but I didnt see a reply for your reply function.Thank's for your return, Quick Dial doesn't have sync solution.
How do sync your data?
For me, I sync my profile with rsync and that work great
EDIT: I can't handle the guid but you can set services.sync.prefs.sync.browser.startup.homepage to false in about:config
- by Firefox user 13532323, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension. Among many similar speed dial addons for Firefox which I have tried, this one is the best.
After some tweaks in setting this is the one that resembles the Opera speed dial the most. And can be even better because there are MANY options to make it as personalized as possible.
For people who have problem with white thumbnails and no webpage preview - this is caused by canvas fingerprinting protection in Firefox. If you want to load all thumbnails: turn off fingerprint protection in about:config and after you thumbnail load properly, turn it on again.
- by Firefox user 13820218, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5If I add a youtube page.
1) NO full a thumbnail of the page.
2) NO full web page title in quick dial.
The addition is too early to make a screenshot of the page. As a result, you see a gray background on the thumbnails.
- by shyguy80-bln, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This doesnt work on Firefox Quantum 58.0.2 (64-Bit) on Win10. I only see a white blank page in new tabs and on startpage.