5 段階中 4.3 の評価
5 段階中 4.3 の評価
- Firefox ユーザー 12786878 によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 5 の評価I GOT SO MUCH MORE THAN I WAS LOOKING FOR with Tree Tabs by Kroppy.
When I first installed Tree Tabs, I just wanted vertical tabs. my favorite super-extension, TabMixPlus, had been obliterated by the Quantum change, but never did i care about trees, levels or groups. yeah, i saw these features touted on Tree Tabs, I DIDN'T CARE. i just knew I had tabs out my ears and couldn't deal with horror of horizontal tab display and navigation.
i tested out a bunch of vertical tab extensions but ultimately dug into Tree Tabs. Why?
THE COMPRESSED FORMAT OF PINNED TABS at the top of the Tree Tabs column. ingenious! once i saw it, I couldn't live without it.
the other bit of perfection was the compact height of the tabs. other extensions waste so much space with big tall tabs and huge fonts. this forces extra scrolling, but the real crime is allowing the user to view only 15 tabs at once! i also quickly embraced the ability to customize all the aesthetics, which only enhanced my joy at being reunited with functional tabs.
after 6 months of use, tabs quickly multiplying like rabbits on coke and viagra, i finally investigated Groups.
HEY, GROUPS ARE A GREAT IDEA! WHY DIDN'T I USE THEM BEFORE?!
while setting up my Groups, i also checked out Folders.
WHOA, GROUPS AND FOLDERS WORK *WONDERS* FOR ORGANIZATION WHEN YOU USE THEM TOGETHER!
what a sap i've been to ignore these useful features! with all this tab management brilliance in play, i hardly notice i have 300 tabs! think that's crazy? think of my tabs like an interactive task and research to-do list. much more productive than preposterous. i'm still not using trees (ironically), but i don't dare say "never!"
i recently trained myself to use the Tree Tab Settings and Re-open Tab buttons instead of right-clicks. also now taking advantage of unloading whole groups at once to save memory... been using these features for about a month and everything's now second nature.
today I re-discovered the Export Session button and contemplating putting it to work. Firefox restores my sessions, but a fail-safe would might be helpful.
guess you could say i've really come around on Tree Tabs, an incredible utility, and I'm super grateful to Kroppy for creating it. come New Year's, when I evaluate my extensions and contribute to my most beloved... Kroppy, you're a sure thing. you're building a productivity powerhouse. thank you for your vision and efforts. hope plenty appreciate your talents.
my only feature suggestions would be
1) some way to backup prefs and color formatting, though i'm assuming it's time consuming, else i would've already found it.
2) the ability to customize the tabs context menu. i could shave off 9 or 10 entries
3) k, just saw my third wish has been pre-granted LOL... F1 to toggle Tree Tabs sidebar. UH-MAZING.
the extension is already 5-stars. these are just first-world whines.
the only bug i've found is that sometimes when trying to drag and drop a tab, no tabs will move. it only happens once in a while, and i haven't yet noticed a pattern or precursor. what happens is, i'll grab a tab as usual, but instead of just dragging normally, where i clearly see both the insertion drop line that appears between other tabs, and the dual lines that designate a drop into a folder, those lines won't appear. the tabs i'm dragging _over_ do change color as the pointer sweeps over them, but nothing happens when i let go (regardless of where i let go). the tab i tried to move remains unmoved, and the tab name oddly remains italicized unless i click on it again to "reset" it.. this lasts several minutes at least. i usually go on with other things and forget it until some time later when it's working again.
wondering if this has to do with uBlock or uMatrix since i see a different script blocker listed as Tree Tabs- incompatible. But since this glitch is intermittent, I can't say, and it's not enough for me to quit on Tree Tabs.
aside from that, it's perfect--a dream extension. BRAVO.
- Firefox ユーザー 14333080 によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Now that Tab Mix Plus is defunct, I needed something to allow me to easily navigate a lot of tabs. Not sure if this is it.
The basic functionality is sound, but who wants to manually create groups of tabs?
Clearly needs tools for automatic grouping. Most obviously, group by site. Group by date would be pretty handy too (and of course group by date then site, and group by site then date).
- LOLdude によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 3 の評価I TOTALLY LIKE THE IDEA. For a tab messie like me, grouping tabs in categories and folders is just a dream coming true.
Adding in the "unload tab" feature is really, really giving me wet pants :-)
However, the multitude of bugs and drawbacks do spoil the fun quite a bit.
Most importantly, this extension does - to the best of my knowledge - not work properly with ANY session saver. There IS a built-in session saver in Tree Tabs but that is cumbersome to use AND has bugs! So, for example if you restore your session saved with the Tree-Tabs built-in session saver, all tab groups will be restored - EMPTY. The tabs that were in them ALL go to the "ungrouped" tab, so you have to manually put them back where they were. That sort of makes the whole concept of a specialized buit-in solution a bit volatile.
Another pretty unnerving bug is that closing the bottom tab (or tree) in a group always switches you into another group.
So, thank you for taking on the tab management with this new, very innovative approach but PLEASE try to improve on it a little more.You mean autosave in Tree Tabs or external? My groups are internal in my extension, so if you close groups, you lose them. There is no way to restore. My extension has its own autosave, but loading autosaved session is horrible at the moment as Firefox does not provide a way to create tabs without loading them, most of the time browser is not responding and my extension just hangs, hence problems with rearranging tabs in correct groups... I'm preparing an update for Firefox 63, which will be out in 3 weeks, where creating unloaded tabs is possible (works already in Firefox beta). Most of the bugs related to it will be resolved thanks to this.
Closing the last tab in a group (if there are still tabs left) will not activate another group in the next update, but only if you close tabs from within the sidebar (with mouse, not by a shortcut or mouse gesture).
- GaryOB によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 5 の評価This is a great addon. I really like the way I can put tabs in groups and then subdivide them into folders, great idea - glad somebody thought of that, I sure didn't. Some things I would like to see would be the option of having trees expand automatically when selecting the parent tab, colors for the folders title/background and have undo close tab to place the tab back in the tree where it was when closed. Over all a great addon.
- Firefox ユーザー 14226242 によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 5 の評価Finally! I have my old tree-style tabs back again after the Firefox upgrade debacle.
I was using "Tree Style Tab" and it worked really well, but I like to be able to recall my 100+ tabs from previous sessions. So started to use "Tab Session Manager". That just made everything go bad. The tab tree would be loaded in a complete and utter mess. Making it completely useless.
So, came across this add-on and never looked back. Can save a tab tree, go back to a previous session, export to a JSON file for munging in external scripts. Nice!
Happy to donate to the developer as its saving me bucket loads of time.
[Edit: To the developer - You're on to a winner here! Keep improving it, but remember why people wanted to use your add-on in the first place.]
- Mattit によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 3 の評価I've been using this only for a few days as a possible replacement for "Tree Style Tabs" (which loads slow). I like it and it reminds me of the the old Tab Tree extension with new abilities. I like the groups idea. But I guess I'm a bit confused as to why both groups and folders, since they perform the same function (from what I've seen), except one is vertical and the other horizontal.
I'm giving it three stars for two reasons (and would happily update if these issues were addressed):
1. Ctrl-W (close tab) not only closes the tab, but jumps you to the last group in the list. It should close the tab and not only remain in the same group, but go to the previous tab.
2. There is no way to contact the developer from the Options screen (only links to donate).
[UPDATE 1] Tabs load instantly, which is awesome. Ctrl-W *does* close a tab and return to the previous or next-up tab ((+1 star)). Groups are awesome, esp since I can keep an eye on the number of tabs! Tab unloading is great, but I wish the pinned tabs wouldn't unload. But the reload time isn't too painful. Still no way to contact author from the Options screen.
[UPDATE 2] Groups all of a sudden disappeared upon browser update and restart. Tabs are still there, but now they are all in the Ungrouped default group. Browser updated to 62.0.2.
- alborzka によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 5 の評価I made a whole bunch of groups, and I wanted to save them for later (they were all open at that time) so I right-clicked the group tab and selected "Hibernate". They disappeared (good), but how do I get them back?? I searched all the reviews, looked at all of the pictures, and NONE of them explain how to get back "Hibernated" groups -- or an explanation of what "Hibernate" even means! Looks like I lost a whole bunch of pages and scared to use this further. Help please!
EDIT: Thank you for the response @kroppy, problem solved! Would be nice to have this in the description so slow users like me will know what to do :DI'm on vacation right now, but I can help you with this. Hibernated groups are in manager. To open it right click on tree tabs sidebar and click on "open manager" in the menu. Right there are your groups and sessions.
- Ju2c0C0 によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 4 の評価5 stars because it does its job well and there is a lot of features available.
Minus 1 star because in terms of default (I say default because you can customize the theme) ergonomics, it could be better.
- Elvey によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 5 の評価I was looking for the ability to sort my open tabs via a firefox add-on/extension. I found this. Sorting isn't listed as a feature, but Tree Tabs effectively allows this.
Two Steps: I search and put the matched tabs in a group.
This tool seems better than the ones that just offer sorting. Just started using it today.
- Firefox ユーザー 14164797 によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 4 の評価You can add folders and tab groups, which makes this addon a solid solution for organizing your tabs. Improvement can be won on displaying children in the trees. It is not really clear which ones are child elements of a parent element in the tree. The distance is not big enough. Maybe the use of colours can be a solution for that.
- Miguel Reimer によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 4 の評価Tab trees no longer break on startup, yay!
However I have the same issue as the last reviewer. After a while new tabs won't display in the tree until you disable then re-enable tree tabs(or firefox).
1.7.6 on latest official firefox release
- Firefox ユーザー 13000562 によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 5 の評価There was a bug.
1. When adding a new tab, the tab is added, but it is not displayed.
When restarted, it is added to the bottom of the group.
The occurrence condition is unknown.
There is no problem immediately after rebooting, but it will occur again after a while.
I am setting to add all tabs as child tabs.
2. When tab group was imported, the tab structure was broken.
Also, "Rearranging tabs and folders" does not end.
It was not possible to open it by clicking the tab, and when restarted the tab had disappeared.
After importing it back to v1.4, it worked.
Oh, there was such a place.
I will report it when I find a bug in the future.
Thank you for maintenance.Thanks for the report :)
Both are related to the same bug (I think). Pushed update now. I'm moving to a new place, so if this bug still occurs let me know, but unfortunately I wont be available to fix it for a week.
Also if possible and if I'm not annoying you too much, you can also post here: https://gitlab.com/kroppy/TreeTabs/issues/155
- Firefox ユーザー 12527320 によるレビュー (2年前)5 段階中 5 の評価Tree Tabs is easy to use, simple, but really useful when you need to manage a lot of tabs.
You can organize tabs in a tree structure in the sidebar. Fold it or unfold it. Navigation of tabs has made simple.