- RandomKitten によるレビュー (2ヶ月前)5 段階中 3 の評価Crashes about 60% of the time when I try to use the "Close tree" function - I have to to go "Manage Extension" and select "Options", then it comes up with an error that says "A web page is slowing down your browser" and I select "Stop It" to get it working again. Consistently.
Also it'd be really nice to just have the option to have it close tree automatically, but I'll settle for just having the function work without crashing the extension and freezing my browser.
- Firefox ユーザー 14333080 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Now that Tab Mix Plus is defunct, I needed something to allow me to easily navigate a lot of tabs. Not sure if this is it.
The basic functionality is sound, but who wants to manually create groups of tabs?
Clearly needs tools for automatic grouping. Most obviously, group by site. Group by date would be pretty handy too (and of course group by date then site, and group by site then date).
- LOLdude によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価I TOTALLY LIKE THE IDEA. For a tab messie like me, grouping tabs in categories and folders is just a dream coming true.
Adding in the "unload tab" feature is really, really giving me wet pants :-)
However, the multitude of bugs and drawbacks do spoil the fun quite a bit.
Most importantly, this extension does - to the best of my knowledge - not work properly with ANY session saver. There IS a built-in session saver in Tree Tabs but that is cumbersome to use AND has bugs! So, for example if you restore your session saved with the Tree-Tabs built-in session saver, all tab groups will be restored - EMPTY. The tabs that were in them ALL go to the "ungrouped" tab, so you have to manually put them back where they were. That sort of makes the whole concept of a specialized buit-in solution a bit volatile.
Another pretty unnerving bug is that closing the bottom tab (or tree) in a group always switches you into another group.
So, thank you for taking on the tab management with this new, very innovative approach but PLEASE try to improve on it a little more.You mean autosave in Tree Tabs or external? My groups are internal in my extension, so if you close groups, you lose them. There is no way to restore. My extension has its own autosave, but loading autosaved session is horrible at the moment as Firefox does not provide a way to create tabs without loading them, most of the time browser is not responding and my extension just hangs, hence problems with rearranging tabs in correct groups... I'm preparing an update for Firefox 63, which will be out in 3 weeks, where creating unloaded tabs is possible (works already in Firefox beta). Most of the bugs related to it will be resolved thanks to this.
Closing the last tab in a group (if there are still tabs left) will not activate another group in the next update, but only if you close tabs from within the sidebar (with mouse, not by a shortcut or mouse gesture).
- Mattit によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価I've been using this only for a few days as a possible replacement for "Tree Style Tabs" (which loads slow). I like it and it reminds me of the the old Tab Tree extension with new abilities. I like the groups idea. But I guess I'm a bit confused as to why both groups and folders, since they perform the same function (from what I've seen), except one is vertical and the other horizontal.
I'm giving it three stars for two reasons (and would happily update if these issues were addressed):
1. Ctrl-W (close tab) not only closes the tab, but jumps you to the last group in the list. It should close the tab and not only remain in the same group, but go to the previous tab.
2. There is no way to contact the developer from the Options screen (only links to donate).
[UPDATE 1] Tabs load instantly, which is awesome. Ctrl-W *does* close a tab and return to the previous or next-up tab ((+1 star)). Groups are awesome, esp since I can keep an eye on the number of tabs! Tab unloading is great, but I wish the pinned tabs wouldn't unload. But the reload time isn't too painful. Still no way to contact author from the Options screen.
[UPDATE 2] Groups all of a sudden disappeared upon browser update and restart. Tabs are still there, but now they are all in the Ungrouped default group. Browser updated to 62.0.2.
- Firefox ユーザー 14022748 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Cannot live without it, but just today it started losing the grouping of 200+ tabs every time i restart firefox. I can provide you more details about the problem if you want, I need it to get solved because grouping it's the main reason i use this extension.
Thank youDid you install any additional extension before it started happening? If so can you list me all of your installed extensions? Email me at Support Email that is provided here in extension's description, so I can help you out :)
- magiccoupons によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Liking this so far, lots of nice features, but haven't tried them all yet. The groups feature is a welcome addition. I could say this is an addon that could replace a bunch of other ones I have (session saver, tab groups) if the tab group import and expert, and the tab session import and export worked for me, at least it doesn't right now on my Mac, High Sierra. If it works on Windows that'll do me as that's my main power user machine anyway.
Issue I am having on the Mac is that the export saves it as a csv, and importing looks for *.tt_group or *tt_session - renaming the extension from csv to the correct one it's looking for, or just trying to load in the csv - both methods result in nothing happening.
Also the search feature would be better if it just showed the matching tabs rather than highlighting them. But personally not a feature I can see myself using much as I'd just search using the address bar.
Good effort though, switched from Tree Style Tabs as half the time the tab side pane would just load endlessly and never complete.
EDIT- the import/export works well on Windows, but it crashes my Firefox A LOT :( weird, as I don't have this problem on my Mac. It will hog maybe around 50-60% of my CPU :/ disabled for now, but I really want to re-enable it later down the line, I really want this addon to do well.
- aashish108 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価The add on is really great and an amazing productivity boost. Unfortunately, just now I lost all my tabs in the addons grouping functionality - one day some tabs could not be clicked on to switch to it so I restarted and all was lost apart from the ungrouped group. Not sure what happened.
- DerekP によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価I've had to downgrade my review because of one tiny but huge thing. For a very strange reason, the author has chosen 'F2' to show/hide the panel. This is not a good choice as F2 is universally used for 'edit'. So i've had to disable/remove this add-on because it kept showing/hiding and stealing the focus through the use of this shortcut. My example is through using Google Docs.
I humbly request he changes the default to something that isn't so commonly used and perhaps a two-key combo (Win+F2?). On top of changing the default, i suggest making it customisable. Thanks.
- Firefox ユーザー 13792083 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Basically a great addition. But the order of the tabs in Tree Tabs vs. what Firefox thinks the order to be is completely off. If you close a tab you never know where you will land next. In the preferences you can set that the next tab should be the one above/below, but this does not work reliably.
I make heavy use of the "group" feature and more often than not the tab I land is an a totally different group.
- CanIregisterThisTime によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Mozilla hasn't yet released the API that will allow this addon to hide the default tab strip. Just be patient on that, or use userchrome.css to get rid of it, or even browse full screen.
What does bother me about this is that it doesn't save my tab groupings. Tree Style Tabs on 57+ has no problem with it, so I'm not sure if it's this addon that's deficient or if it's something to do with Firefox 56.
It's great that this addon has its own theming tools built in, but today I start my browser and it's open to the Tree Tabs options. My theme has disappeared. I actually put a lot of work into it, so instead of redoing it I'm going to remove the addon and wait for the release channel of Firefox to update to 57 next month. Maybe this addon will have improved by then or I will move to TST. Anyway if you do theme this, make sure you "export" and save your work. For some reason I didn't.
Developer: I read that page at stackoverflow and still don't know what to do.EDIT: I've read your edit just now, because I didn't see it (the one line at the bottom)... Sorry for late response.
Go to Firefox Options - Advanced at the bottom - Network
Try to Clear Cached Web content and Offline Web content.
If it does not help you will have to wait for update. Sometimes cached files are still in use, so it's kinda hard to clean up everything. In next update I will provide emergency button in Tree Tabs options and load backup buttons in toolbar. In your case you probably will not be able to recover last session, but in the future when that happens again, yes. I will provide 3 backups. I'm thinking to provide save backup to hdd, but I'm not sure if I will be able to finish it for this update.
My brother had this same problem yesterday, as few other people. If options page shows up without a reason it means localstorage data got corrupted or some part of it cannot be read. Same goes for your trees. Some have just a blank white page instead of the sidebar. Looks like Firefox has some problems with retaining localstorage, it might be that some process close unexpectedly corrupting data while saving it to hdd. In my experience it happens from time to time, but it's more frequent with last few updates of Firefox.
They may be in hurry to release 57. I don't know just guessing.
You have to clean local storage to fix it, otherwise problem can come back.
In a new version of my extension I will save a lot less data, but I cannot guarantee all will be perfect and I have a lot to fix to release it. Anyway it is a good idea to save your theme like you said.
- BaggerX によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価It doesn't seem to save my tab groupings. I had them nested, but after closing and re-opening browser, they are all at the top level. Is there some setting I'm missing for this?
This is almost exactly what I need, if I can just figure out how to solve that issue.
- Trouble Panic によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価+ Tabs in sidebar, good
+ Tabs in a tree, great
- Tabs in a private window don't show up.
- This extension doesn't reorder Firefox's tabs, leading to potentially unpredictable behavior with "next tab/previous tab" keyboard shortcuts.
- Ben によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価Works for my needs for the most part; it has a vertical view of tabs, which can be grouped into collapseable trees, and moved around, exactly as expected. Some major annoyances though! A known Firefox limitation prevents trees from being created automatically (tabs opened from links can't be automatically opened as children, unless you set ALL TABS to get opened as children which is crazy). The "normal" tab bar can't be hidden. Sync features (i.e. "send tab to device"), bookmark features, and possibly other "normal" tab context-menu features are not integrated into the tree tab sidebar. I'm still playing with it to find all the features but it seems pretty solid so far aside from the above!Web extensions are pretty much limited for now, probably there will be some way to sync with other devices, or bookmarking options, in the future, but for sure it won't be soon. openerId is in the works by Firefox folks, it will start working as soon as it's implemented in Firefox, so be patient it will be there.
I will hide tab bar as soon as it will be available, there is an experimental API in the works as well. I have an update in the works to sync tabs on top, so ctrl+tab will work as it should.
I do my best to get all the kinks out.
- Firefox ユーザー 12548833 によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 3 の評価at the time of writing...
- When the addon is disabled/enabled the tree does not appear anymore and requires to clear the addon settings
- it does not hide the tab bar on top
- it has a full customizable theming interface but not have a theme that auto integrated with the current one
- some problems with changing tabs hierarchyPlease don't disable extension, it must be enabled to retain trees. Sidebar can be closed, but extension must be enabled.
With new Firefox API, tabIds are lost after browser restart. Extension must keep track of all tabs positions all the time. This is unfortunately a limitation to all chromium based browsers and Firefox joins that trend.
Hiding tab bar is unavailable from Web extensions for now. Please join conversation at bugzilla to convince Web Extensions team to give us this possibility, here:
For now search for an alternative extension that just hides tabbar, for example Hide Tabbar (in this particular one, uncheck reopen tabbar when opening a new tab in options, it does the trick)
theming is another limitation, and will be for all new Firefox extensions. As new sidebar extensions are just web pages with special privileges to have access to firefox API's like tabs favicons, titles, we can activate, move them in tabs strip at the top and so on. Tabs in my extension are not real tabs with changed look, this is just a web page with generated buttons that link events with the browser. All new extension will work this way in the future. I did my best to give it at least color customization. And remember this extension is cross platform, it works in Opera/Vivaldi and now in Firefox, so I can't make colors match only one of the bunch.
Anyway you can download dark theme at (and hopefully you can share yours as well):
Tabs hierarchy management will improve with time as I implement more and more features, and not only me, it depends on Firefox team as well, as for example Firefox does not have "openerTabId", so new tabs opened from middle click will not append to the tree, you must set "Append orphan tabs" to "treat as active's tab child"
For this matter, you can also join conversation at:
Thank you for testing my extension in this early stage :)