- Rated 5 out of 5by they86, 21 hours agoGood to know: while in most programs you can set custom shortcut by just pressing the right keys and the software will "record" your key combination, here you have to litteraly TYPE the shortcut you want (e.g., type "ctrl+shift+k").
Don't forget to press "Save" at the end and voila! ... It works.
YOU ALSO CAN OVERRIDE DEFAULT FIREFOX SHORTCUTS. So I don't understand all the negative reviews stating you can't.
Just keep in mind what the developer says:
* restart Firefox for your new shortcut to work
* shortcuts only work once the page has completely loaded.
* shortcuts don't work on 'internal' Firefox pages, like the page your reading right know.
GREAT ADD-ON. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Rated 4 out of 5by kirk781, a month agoI do not understand the multiple 1 star reviews for this addon. It does what it says in the description. One can create custom keyboard shortcuts for use in the browser. I don't have a ton of shortcuts [only half a dozen] but the extension does the job. It also has backup/restore option and despite not being updated in nearly 3 years, still works.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Matthias Urlichs, 2 months agoI hate this extension.
More correctly, I hate that this extension is necessary in the first place. Firefox should bloody well let me configure my own shortcuts and whatnot.
Shortkeys itself is superb, it does what it's supposed to do, five stars and all that, THANK YOU for writing it!
- Rated 1 out of 5by RealTime (8/16Bit), 3 months agoi wanted this for the same reason i wanted custom key shortcuts on Firefox though to my disappointment it turns out most of the keys you assign commands to are already in use by the browser already totes not worth installing tbh.
- Rated 1 out of 5by RLW, 6 months agoPointless. I don't need an addon to ADD more shortcuts, I already have support for that in my OS and there are plenty of apps for keyboard shortcuts which can be introduced across your entire system or at specific app level, why have an addon for it. Useless.
What I DO NEED is to be able to undo the 1990's Firefox restrictions of builtin shortcuts so I can actually use my keyboard as it was designed for.
- Rated 5 out of 5by dingroolnatkess, 8 months agoThis addon works great. Please note that you need to set your shortcuts from Addons > gear icon > Manage Extension Shortcuts > Shortkeys. Testing on FF 111. The built in shortcut editor (via addon preferences) didn't work for me.