- by Firefox user 17137151, 9 days agoRated 4 out of 5Firefox 94, it works. Shortcuts seem to only work in tabs that were opened after you saved the preference. So, if the extension doesn't appear to work, restart the browser and you should be good to go!
I use this to disable Option+Home, which immediately navigates "home" (blank tab) and loses any filled-in form data on the page. Was bumping that key combo all the time because the keys are adjacent on my Kinesis!
- by waldyrious, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5A little cumbersome to set up (e.g. I forgot to press the "Save shortcuts" button and thought it wasn't working), but after it's configured, it works perfectly! I finally was able to disable Firefox's bookmarks sidebar shortcut (Ctrl+B) which I activate by mistake all the time when trying to paste something (Ctrl+V).
- by RyanB, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5It definitely works on Firefox 90 (the latest). Make sure you go to the GitHub page (linked in the add-on's description) and click the "Wiki" tab near the top to make sure you're setting it up right.
- by NaCl, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5To the reviewers calling people idiots: if using the add on isn't intuitive its just as bad as having a non working add on. To access the activation options you need to press the ">" on the left for each short cut.
Adding some simple tutorial would have cleared up most of the bad reviews. How can you blame people for messing up when every other add on gives you an introduction? Anyway, great add on but read the github and make sure to activate the shortcut.
- by Luke Alexander, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5To people who are saying this doesn't work: once you are on the 'Manage Your Extensions' page, you just need to click the little gear button near the top, and then click 'manage extension shortcuts' at the bottom of the pop-up menu. The description should perhaps be updated, but the add-on works. Make sure what you want is on the list though; and this add-on can't override existing shortcuts.
- by Ashish, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5This extension works but the many people that are leaving 0 stars don't have a single brain cell to figure it out. Like Sahil who said alt+left did not work, I tried it and it worked fine. If you can't figure out how to use tech due to your own stupidity don't bother leaving negative reviews
- by harl windwolf, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5Sadly, most of the reviews saying that Shortkeys isn't working for them, are prime examples of people who haven't read (or don't understand) the extension's description as well as its documentation (on GitHub).
Some of them apparently don't understand how WebExtensions work.
If you're unsure something is working as intended and/or if you're trying to get help in that respect, you should use GitHub to file a ticket and not try to pressure them with these unwarranted reviews.
The devs haven't been noticeably active in the past couple of months, so I seriously hope that this extension will continue to work as long as possible.
- by Sahil, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5This extension isn't working for me.., i wanted to assign rightAlt+leftArrow to "Go Back" but it didn't work. FYI: I tried to map "alt+left" to "Go back" but this extension failed to do so.