Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by Rusty Trombone, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Open up Firefox today and dials are a complete jumble. All (custom) thumbnails, order and settings painstakingly set are completely gone. So disappointing. It will take hours to get back to how it was. I wish had used another dial extension now.
Too late now, but I found how to make backups of the dials file if anyone's interested. In Win 7, the path is:
(besides the storage.js file, there was a file called storage.js.corrupt, so something must have happened)
BTW, how do you change the order of the dials? No matter which key modifier or combination of keys I use (for example ctrl-shift), the dials just swap places. I can't drag and drop to insert dials.
ANSWER TO YOUR REPLY:
How can you be sure it's not Quick Dial responsible for the crash? After all, it's the QD files that's corrupted. What's anyway needed is an easy way to back up settings, or at least explain how to do it manually.
The 2-window drag'n drop is an Ok workaround, wish I had known about it earlier. Maybe another thing for the readme or wiki, like the settings backup. I just don't watch long videos just to find out about a single issue. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.
Anyway, done the hours to get it back to how it was and now have a backup. CheersNow, with more than 10'000 users, I've received less than 10 requests for data corruption.
It seem that is not Quick Dial but an other extention that crash Firefox or a very old harddrive that began to slow or have bad track.
For the second request, when dragging, ff57 deny me to track mouse wheel or page up/down.
But at the end of my video, I show how you can move your dial to a second page. You just need 2 window.
IN REPLY TO REPLY :
For the lost of the settings, I reply on GitHub :
For the wiki, I'm missing time to create it but anyone can help me and work on it.
- by Pairofolives, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great start and a very cool idea of integration with the bookmark menu. Needs a slightly more convenient way to move the tiles to subfolders while keeping the tile image, either via a context menu or drag-and-drop. Of lesser priority, would be nice to have some fancier tile graphics options for pulling images from respective sites. Thank you.
- by Firefox user 13449514, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 51) - В контекстном меню нет возможности добавить открытой web страницы в созданные группы.
2) - Нет возможности сделать "обновить все" например для всех элементов папки
3) - Если содержимое Quick Dial не помещается на весь экран можем скроллить, но перетянуть элемент (Дип) из одного экрана на другой не получается, приходится менять кол-во строчек и столбцов, что бы переставить ссылки (Дипы )в нужном порядке.
4) - Отсутствует возможность полного резервирования/восстановления настроек и созданных групп, папок (Дипов).
5) - Добавить возможность отдельно изменять размер окон/дипов в под папках/группе.
Ну и в заключении хочется задать вопрос разработчику.
Как скоро будут обнавления и возможность сказанного?
1) - In the context menu there is no possibility to add an open web page to the created groups.
2) - There is no way to make "update all" for example for all items in a folder
3) - If the Quick Dial content can not be placed on the whole screen, we can scroll, but you can not drag the item (Deep) from one screen to another, you have to change the number of lines and columns to rearrange the links (Deepy) in the desired order.
4) - It is not possible to fully backup / restore settings and created groups, folders (Deeps).
5) - Add the ability to separately change the size of windows / depots in the folder / group.
Well, in conclusion, I want to ask the question to the developer.
How soon will the exposures and the possibility of what is said be?
- by Firefox user 13578062, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Cette application est essentielle pour organiser sa navigation : on peut regrouper les onglets que l'on utilise dans des dossiers et des sous-dossiers. Quick Dial est une excellente extension !
- by Firefox user 13569123, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5il ne manque rien, parfait
peux t on sauvegarder l'ensemble pour le mettre sur un autre pc ?Vous pouvez copier le fichier storage.js de Quick Dial mais il faudra aussi les signets (FF Sync ou copie manuel).
Pour ma part j'ai un PC principal et je copie mon profile Firefox complet sur mes PC secondaires.
C'est une solution One Way mais elle me convient et ne nécessite aucun compte.
PS : Ce serait mieux d'ouvrir une issue par question sur GitHub.
- by Firefox user 13564690, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This addon is a great replacement for "speed dial"! Thank you
I love the combination with the bookmark folder and firefox sync. So there is no need of a third party account, which stores all data in "some" cloud.
Altogether all features are supported that I need, but one bugfix would be great for me: (#21 - Setting as startpage)
- by fruity101079, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great for replacement of Speedial.
I can customize the look and the icons. Perfect.
I only have one problem:
New tabs opens Quickdial. Ok.
But the Firefox home button doesn't load Quickdial.
So in FF options, i choose "current page" to be loaded at the start of FF.( something like moz-extension://5571619f-c5a5-4aa8-9190-a0107743b87/dial). Everything is working fine.
But when I close and reload FF, it's doens't work anymore, it seems that the moz-extension link has changed.
Is it related to Quickdial or to Firefox Portable?
Thank you for your job.
edit: you already know it https://github.com/MatMoul/quickdial-webext/issues/21
- by Firefox user 13541215, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Nice app. Could you add an option to open a dial on a new tab?
- by Firefox user 13539450, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5nice app! =)
i make 2 screenshots of what i had before - can you pls check it and say - can you make this?
if short: can i have settings on EVERY screen (example: on 1st screen 6x4 dials, on 2nd screen 4x3 and so on)
i dont like to use folders btw(( i used tabs before in Fast Dial...
and btw - pls make MORE than 2 screens for dials... i full them all now... add function pls in settings "add XX screens"
thx 4 working on app :)At this time, you can only set one layout for all page of the addon.
It's possible that in the future I'll add more features for this but I need more time...
I'm not sure I understand the 2 screens for dial, not tested with more...
I'll test with more when I have time...
For the screenshots, this not possible as his...
- by Lain, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Add a search bar
Add a option to edit position of "Back Button"
Add a Scroll Option
Add Individual config by Group.
Add a option to add direct in a group one page.
Allow to move dials between groups.
Add a option to edit the size and design of the Folder or Favorite individually
Add a option to move the folders and favorites free on the page.
Do not rush, make the ideas you think are good, or find it interesting to improve the app.
- by Firefox user 13534191, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5this is probably best speed dial addon i've ever used. can you please adding custom CSS support? it would be perfect. thanks again for this amazing addon!