- by Firefox user 15261036, 3 days agoRated 3 out of 5I see a wide range of reviews and oddly enough I tend to agree with the great majority, it's very good but also pretty bad. I think the word is Cranky.
I'm a software developer and in my spare(?) time I manage I.T. for a number of clients - not bragging, just saying I have to deal with an awful LOT of passwords. NordPass does a generally good job with managing said passwords, however the integration with Firefox is the cranky part.
The add-on often doesn't recognise that you're on a password form, but it's not consistent - some pages never work, others sometimes, yet others are perfect. When it recognises a login form it often fails to present the right login credentials, or it randomly seems to offer to generate a password, or give me a list that's 400 items long stuffed into a tiny box, with no search or filter facility. In those cases I wish it would just go away but it sticks around and gets in the way of even typing a password.
I also use Firefox Containers and I suspect this has put a spanner in the works; it keeps losing my Nord account login and when I try to login again it loses the plot totally and requires a kill and restart of the whole app.
So maybe I'll switch from Firefox back to Chrome or something, since moving that many passwords is beyond thinking about - my move from Dashlane to NordPass ~10 months ago was bad enough.
Fundamentally, NordPass seems solid, reliable and safe, and I really like it, but the browser integration is not far short of awful. They updated it madly for months adding new features. What they now need to do is update it madly for some more months and fix all the bugs they added and the - quite frankly - terrible UI design in the Firefox extension.
I might add that the Android app is a bit the same, basically solid but cranky when it comes to filling in login fields, which is the thing we all want it to do well.
- by Zombiovsky, 12 days agoRated 5 out of 5With some ups and downs, as any other app. I love it.Hey there!👋 We are happy to hear that you enjoy using our services. If you have any feedback to share or experience any problem with our product, contact us at email@example.com. Thanks!
- by OblomovDysanianClinomaniac, 12 days agoRated 5 out of 5It does it's job. I get logged out on some ocasions, but that's allright. Thank you for the service.Hello!👋 Thank you for your 5-star review! We strive to provide you with the best user experience there is, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are still get logged out.
- by Firefox user 17459650, 14 days agoRated 4 out of 5Extension is fine but the linux background app, which this extension needs running, is just unreliable.
One issue resulted in the app always crashing, which basically meant I can't use NordVPN for a month. Recently that issue has been fixed. I reported similar issue few months back but that got fixed although after siginificant delay.
MacOS, Android app works just fine, but seems like Linux stability is not their priority.Hey there!👋 We are sorry to hear that you experienced problems with our application on Linux OS. We don't take any issue lightly, let us apologize for the extra time that it took to resolve and fix this issue.
- by Emil, 24 days agoRated 2 out of 5Constantly disconnected from the app, spending more time re-entering my credentials to enter the master password to access the vault, it regularly doesn't work (either app struggling to connect or plugin not unlocking), regular manual updates always block access to the vault, basic features locked behind premium (whose sales are pushed ad-nauseum in-app).
Beats typing ~80% of the time
Works well when it does however, and overall quality of life has been slowly improving, maybe in a year it'll be a finished product
- by Firefox user 12370795, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Same as everybody else. CRASHES ALL THE TIMES. I have a similar problem with their VPN. LOTS of internet disconnections of NordVPN. It's been like that for several months and their IT team is TOTALLY incompetent to find the issue. NORD Company is NOT reliable at all.
DEVELOPER RESPONSE IS A PROOF THAT NORD COMPANY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.
The developer response is telling me to contact their support team, although I said in my first message (above) that I contacted them already.
- by Firefox user 17429565, a month agoRated 1 out of 5I spend almost as much time writing in my passwords as I did before I had this add on.
When it works it works great.....but about half the time it does not work-the Nord pass icons appear beside the login in boxes-but nothing fills in-sorry I signed up for this product
Developer responseposted a month agoHey there!👋 We are sorry to hear that you experiencing problems with NordPass extension on your device. Please contact our experienced support team at email@example.com and they will help to troubleshoot the issue.
- by Firefox user 16769861, 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5I'm not sure what I missed but the app is loaded along with the extension and the app doesn't offer to auto fill or even suggest a PW. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. It seems to be auto filling now. I will edit my review in a few days.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoHello! 👋After confirming a 4-digit code pairing code, the NordPass application pairs with NordPass extension. If you have not received this code, try to press on NordPass extension and confirm it. After doing so NordPass autofill icon should be visible on login fields and after pressing on it you will get autofill suggestions. Please make sure that the NordPass extension is not locked. If the issue still persists, could you contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org? They will take a closer look at your case.
- by kklc24, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Does what i need it to in an easy to use interface. Plus i like that there's a desktop app too and the two stay synced together. It loads in passwords, my contact info, or bank cards pretty well when prompted to. Glad to see Nord make another great tool!
- by Firefox user 15954663, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Once installed it is indeed an easyway to safely store and manage my passwords across different browser I use.
For those experiencing problems to get it to work:
- delete the folder C:\Users\#####\AppData\Local\nordpass-updater
- install the browser extension using the configurion settings in the Nordpass Password Mgr app. Do not use a downloaded installer.
- Activate the browser, accept the key pairing and it should work.
Hope this helps those who had problems and rated the app just a 1-star. A pity Nordpass Support does not supply this advice themselves.