- Autor: Honza, 9 godzin temuOcena: 2/5It almost works, lowest start count is due missing this features: Unable to persist tabs in container. If you use multiple computers with different languages, then you have basic containers in multiplied number of languages, and you cannot remove them (because they are basic). So this extension is not worst but not good
- Autor: Firefox user 13131033, 20 godzin temuOcena: 3/5Used to work, but now it keeps popping up a page asking if I want to Always Open in Assigned Container and there's no way to just reset it to default. I tried deleting the extension and reinstalling it, and now the option to create a new named container is gone! Very buggy.
Speaking of bugs, the context menu sometimes isn't there and the menu that is there (next to the URL field) locks you into the "Always Open in This Container" problem. I wish that icon wasn't there at all since this is a shared computer and the other people are likely to click on it to try to change which container they are in.
- Autor: Felix, the “Upright Bassist”, 1 dzień temuOcena: 3/5Richtig scheiße, denn das fördert Clutter und Chaos bei (zu) vielen Tabs und Fenstern:
Nach Auswahl bei einem Tab von „Always open this site in …“* öffnet sich
1. ohne Warnung/Hinweis
• ein (anscheinend) Klon des Tabs**, und zwar
• dort, wo gerade Aktivität war, also schlimmstenfalls, wo er im Leben nicht hingehört.
Das könnte ich noch verschmerzen, auch wenn es nervt. Aber
2. — wieder ohne Warnung/Hinweis! —
• es öffnen sich (alle? zumindest sehr, sehr viele) weitere(n) Inzidienzien dieses Tabs; in meinem Falle waren es zuerst hunderte, weil ich zuerst die dringendste Herausforderung an Privatheit angehen wollte.
Übrigens zunächst mit der (dann ziemlich) dussligen Warnung unter dem Titel “Multi-Account Containers Confirm Navigation”* mit dem Inhalt “Open this site in your assigned container? You asked Firefox to always open CarmaChamleon for this site: (…URL…) Would you still like to open in this current container?
[ ] Remember my decision for this site
[Open in Current Container] [Open in CarmaChamleon]”*.
Und dann noch einer… noch einer… noch… noch…noch… und nochundnochundnochundnochundnoch — und… so weiter.
Das erinnert mich an Windows-Installation im Vergleich zu Mac (früher jedenfalls): Windows fragt jeweils zu verschiedenen Zeitpunkten Dinge ab, statt diese vorab in einem Rutsch zu klären…
Suggestions to the developers:
Please consider those people who — like me — are “tab hoarders”.
—> warn that possibly hundreds of tabs will open when making that choice (at least once, with remember of course), or better
—> find another way of dealing with that situation:
• open in place, why not the same tab anyway? At least in the same window!!! — I (try to) put order into the placing of tabs in different windows, so don't mess with that, please…
• and… well no “and”, that would heal the problem of cluttery and confusion.
In the meantime, address us “tab hoarders” at least by putting up a warning on first usage, better yet a set of instructions — maybe there's a better way to set it up without annoyance and confusion?
Bear in mind, we might have fairly slow computers still in use, so when testing, consider that as well…
And, another thing:
With German, I offer help. My English is, hm, okay; my German is excellent, I love to use precise expressions that are still easy to understand.
* Übersetzung?!?!? — Deutsch ist nun nicht eine Sprache, die bloß von 20 versprengten Individuen in weit verstreuten Hütten in der Tundra oder dem Regenwald gesprochen wird…!
Ich würde auch dabei helfen, da ich auch Englisch recht gut beherrsche.
- Autor: Kevin, 1 dzień temuOcena: 1/5I love this extension very much, but after updating, the "Open this site in your assigned container?" appears and I don't know how to disable it.
This page is so annoying and didn't help anything.
- Autor: Firefox user 15742113, 2 dni temuOcena: 3/5The "Open this site in your assigned container?" page is so annoying. I would prefer to be able to choose a default container inside and choose specifically which website I want to open on a specific container.
- Autor: Firefox user 13493396, 2 dni temuOcena: 4/5Really love this. Never going back to Chrome again. One possible improvement:
Allow user to configure ctrl+t such that it opens a new tab in the same container.
- Autor: Jun, 3 dni temuOcena: 4/5Really useful. I suggest adding a feature to allow custom entries to site lists in containers.
To other users: check "Remember my decision for this site" and then open it in the container so Firefox can remember your decision...
- Autor: AlexJ, 5 dni temuOcena: 5/5This is without a doubt the best Firefox extension out there.
This shouldn't be just an extension, it should be a core feature of Firefox.
Having this integrated into Firefox by default will bring probably the best differentiator Firefox can have on the market.
The only request I have is to make the container list hierarchical (closer to what bookmarks look like). Because at this point I have one container per site and it's hard to manage them.
And this could have so much potential to grow. Either do a client side suggestion engine where it creates containers for the sites you usually visit and suggest connections for sites that are part of the same user group but are on different domains (like maybe you want to connect Gmail with YouTube and with drive under one container).
Please don't ever give up on this feature. I hope you integrate it into core Firefox, but if not, at least work on improving this standalone addon. I think it's the last thing keeping me on Firefox. If this goes away, I don't know what browser will help me navigate the stormy oceans of the Internet.
Thanks for all your work!
- Autor: Firefox user 15197972, 6 dni temuOcena: 2/5It breaks sites when placed in a container and I am unable to remove them from a placed container. Consequently leaving the site inside a container without being able to revert it back to a normal tab. Even trying to open it as a normal tab does not work since it only reopens it in the same placed container tab.
- Autor: Antonio, 10 dni temuOcena: 3/5I like it and I find it useful. A better interface should be provided in order to make it easier to manage websites. If the URL is too long the deletion icon is not visible/selectable. Also it's not possible to manually add a domain or use wildcards.