Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13469111, 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5Used to love this addon but its just pissing me off now, for months it has exhibited behavour on certain sites where I go to edit a word in pragraph 1, and rather then fixing said word Grammerly overwrites what I have in paragraph 2.
This behavour has made it extremely frustrating to use. Don't think I will have it installed much lnger unless this is fixed ASAP because im at my wits end with it.
- by Radical Jack-ical, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5As someone who's terrible with grammar and spelling, this extension is a godsend. Sometimes it gets confused and tries to fix something it shouldn't but it usually works and when it suggests something it doesn't need to it's easy to deny or just ignore.
- by lucasbfr, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5It would be a great add-on if there was a way to only spell check upon request (click on the icon). Sorry but I don't feel comfortable having everything I type sent over the internet.
- by Xare, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5How can this add-on be recommended? Privacy should be the most important thing here, as we type very private stuff inside the browser everyday, but:
"We may also use this data...automatically collect..log data and usage information...We may share...with our third-party...as otherwise legally permitted..."
"We only sell it without your name/ only meta-data"? - Yeah, but after three sentences any cheap AI can find the one in 7 Billion, who writes like that.
- by Firefox user 12933203, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5If you have the free version, this works great, but there are some things that you can only do by paying. However, it is far from perfect as some things it suggests don't sound natural or don't work the way it does in the document. Meaning that it will sometimes want you to remove or add a word but it isn't the right place to do that. This still allows work on your part as a writer as you get to decide what is necessary for editing and what isn't based on what it is you are writing and why. I like that the ignore button is there for this reason.