- by Firefox user 13989222, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5The new update now causes a popup of wiktionary whenever I highlight text on a webpage that I am going to copy. I highlight and copy a lot and this is very annoying. I thought I had been infected with a virus or an unwanted extension and did a Google search to find out how to get rid of it. The stupid update wouldn't allow a search for my parameters but instead would show every word in my parameters in wiktionary. I love Grammarly until this update. I had to turn it off. If you want five starts you better get rid of this part of the program or allow us to turn off wiktionary. I DO NOT need a popup to tell me the definition of what I am highlighting to copy!
- by Firefox user 17012656, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5I LOVE this app! I am giving one star ONLY because it works whenever it wants to instead of all the time, as it should... Operation is too random. Lots of other reviewers have the same problem. I've had these issues for YEARS and asked them to please fix the bugs... No results yet. So until they fix the problem, I will leave it installed and be thankful WHEN it decides to work... Otherwise use the Firefox spell check, which isn't anywhere near as good... :/ When they actually fix the problem I will upgrade my rating to 5 stars...
- by Firefox user 11075504, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5I used to use it a while ago. It was working well for me back then.
I won't install it or use it never again.
The ads in Youtube are all the time and so many that I am pissed off.
- by Istvan Kovacs, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Incompatible with Firefox's privacy tools (in order to use it, they tell you to disable some of them: https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000090451-Error-Grammarly-is-active-but-key-features-are-missing)
- by Dreamer, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5It sends EVERYTHING you type back to their server and when I mark a suggestion wrong, the EXACT same suggestion comes up. Also, it doesn't get everything Google does.
- by Ameeno, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5Awful awful, such a god damn annoying extension. Yes it helps my typing ( I am a premium user) but for some ridiculous unknown reason, when i accept a change, the cursor moves somewhere else and replaces another part of the text with the error that i selected. the error is completely unrelated to the error it is fixing, therefore it ruins my text and my work and makes my life actually harder.
I suppose i could simply use its advice and fix text manually, but i mean, why cant it simply NOT MOVE THE CURSOR OR MOVE CURSOR TO THE RIGHT PLACE BEFORE EVER MODIFYING ANY TEXT???
is the extension that modifies text that god damn stupid?
is it that hard to do a find/replace and not just modify inplace?
if your gonna modify in place, at least. please. for the love of god. go to the RIGHT PLACE......
sigh.. i am so annoyed writing this because this extension has been pissing me off all day.
- by Firefox user 16706029, 9 months agoRated 1 out of 5Constantly finding it doesn't actually make the corrections. Or at times it appears to have done so, and once the text input has been sent, you find that it hasn't, or after five to ten seconds, every edit is reverted back to the original state.
Either this is deliberate to get you to pay for the software, or it's a sign of a terrible service.
- by jwballing, 9 months agoRated 1 out of 5I've been stuck with a "Grammarly is active, but key features are missing" message for months, despite the fact that I'm logged in. I've switched to just using the less convenient desktop app since this extension is unusable in its current form.