- by Section, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5Not working at all in Google Docs. I configured all the settings and did all the personalizations as well, and it is still not working in Google Docs. Though it is working on other online text editors. But my primary usecase was for writing emails and making scientific papers on Google Docs, where this extension failed critically.
- by Firefox user 15145468, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5When using with Google Docs, the highlight in the text field shows less than half the times it's supposed to, while in Edit mode. When using the side bar to select corrections, if they are not highlighted the document scrolls down to random pages some times. And sometimes when going back to the document from the side bar, it had a yo-yo effect when trying to scroll at first.
- by Andy, a year agoRated 2 out of 5I would give this more if they had an affordable tier for premium. As a developer I understand the yearly subscription model, but, with everyone using it 144$ is too steep a price. Half that I would maybe pay, but this is way too much.
- by Firefox user 16764158, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Hat mir von den Funktionen her gefallen, aber beim Herunterladen noch rechtzeitig bemerkt, wie unverschämt der Umfang der Zugriffe ist: "Die Erweiterung kann sowohl den Inhalt jeder von Ihnen besuchten Webseite lesen als auch die Daten, die Sie dort eingeben, z. B. Benutzernamen und Passwörter."
Sowas kommt mir nicht auf den Computer.
- by Storm Engineer, a year agoRated 2 out of 5I want to love this, but it's extremely unreliable and buggy. On some sites it won't work at all, on others it's a mess. It keeps inserting words at the cursor or the end of the text instead of where it should go, and inserts duplicate words while I'm typing. Sometimes it works, but more often than not it only makes a huge mess I have to clean up manually. I'm really disappointed.
- by Firefox user 16009735, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Grammarly functions fine but being closed source, I have decided to abandon it since I'm pretty sure it maintains its "free" service by analyzing and selling whatever users are typing. If you're going to use this service, and open an account (which is optional), do yourself a favor and sign up using a Free email masking service such as SimpleLogin and using an open source password manager like Bitwarden.
If any Grammarly developers are reading this, please improve your transparency and make your products open source so that the ever growing privacy conscious community can embrace your service. Thank you!
- by Mika Norén, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5It works well when it does work.
Most of the times ig hogs a lot of memory and a lot of CPU. While it does that it causes text boxes to become unresponsive and sometimes causes the web browser/tab to crash.
- by Firefox user 16527093, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5This worked well for a long time and even worked with Google Drive in the beta. Then on the day they announced that it now is working with Google Drive it stopped working all together. Been several weeks and nothing! Going to move to Linguix.
- by oly6t1, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Like the app, Needs Improvement before I buy premium. Always logging in, spellchecker.net never works anymore. Works when it wants to on most pages. To buggy for now.
- by Gabriel, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Es una aplicación excelente, pero consume demasiados recursos, ralentiza el navegador, y a veces lo cuelga y lo cierra. He tenido que deshabilitarlo para que Firefox vuelva a la normalidad. Una pena