- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenLinux Mint - Thunderbird 52.4.0 64 bit - English. Updated today
Exception..."Component returned failure code 0x80520014
Clippings is still ok to use. Just the error message pops up a lot.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenClippings doesn't work anymore after the last update (13-10-17) , :(
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenApparently the last update of this plugin does not work anymore with Firefox version 56.0 (32-Bit).
It is not displayed anymore, even if activated and dont find the Queue.
Will be great if possible to install an "older" version Version 5.1.2. I tried from http://aecreations.sourceforge.net/clippings/index.php but install the version 5.5
16.10.2017 its works again. I didnt nothing same Version FireFox und Clippings, und keine S.O Upgrade.
S.O: W7 - Profesional Service Pack 1- 32bitsWhich OS (Windows, macOS, etc.) are you using, and which version? What error messages are you seeing?
Please post to the AE Creations help forums to discuss this further: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/aecreations-help
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenApparently the last update of this plugin does not work anymore with version under 57. Was using it a lot, it is not displayed anymore, even if activated. Do not want to update FF in 57 as other legacy plugins will not work anymore. Will be great if possible to install an "older" versionClippings is not yet compatible with Firefox 57 beta. A WebExtension version of Clippings will be released at around the same time as the official release of Firefox 57. See http://aecreations.sourceforge.net/clippings/clippings6.php
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenBest, very important extension! Thank you, you the best developer!!!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI use this extension on a daily basis. It is so useful. I hope with the new addition of Firefox 57 that this comes a long for the ride.A WebExtension version of Clippings is in the works and will be released at around the same time as Firefox 57. See http://aecreations.blogspot.ca/2017/07/compatibility-with-firefox-57.html for more info.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI use this add-on almost daily.
Is there any chance it will be updated to webextensions for future Firefox?Yes! A WebExtension version of Clippings is in the works and will be released at around the same time as Firefox 57. See http://aecreations.blogspot.ca/2017/07/compatibility-with-firefox-57.html for more info.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenFulfills need to save snippets of text for pasting. Particularly useful for pasting € sign not available at all in Firefox and TBird using a Surface Pro tablet (i.e. Alt0128 doesn't work). Small complaint that addon doesn't work for the search bar.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenBeen using this for some time in both Firefox and Thunderbird, and get gets the job done without hassle or an massive learning curve. Integrates perfectly with Thunderbird and Firefox, but does not share the templates (both good and bad depending on your needs).
Only thing really missing is hot key assignment and string replacement functions (for example; Automatically enter the senders name when special variables ($firstname $lastname $sendername etc) are in the template).
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenGreat add-on! My only gripe is that it doesn't work in the location bar (address bar/URL bar) or search bar, which would make this extension about 10x more useful. Is this possible?
Thumbs up for being e10s compatible!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenVery useful to avoid writing the same thing everytime in every e-mail.
However the UI is a bit confusing with lots of things. The shortcut to paste clippings is not documented in the addon (you have to read the description on AMO to learn it's ctrl+alt+V).
Used with Thunderbird
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenNot bad, not good. Half baked addon, almost ready to eat if only text paste would work. The issue of "Creating or pasting a clipping in a web page that is inside an HTML frame does not work" and its solution "To workaround this issue, right-click on the page and select This Frame → Show Only This Frame from the context menu, and then try again." is unacceptable as it means that add-on is in many way crippled.
Thus, only 3 stars :)
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenmust have app thanks
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sterneni can´t use it anymore, plz do the mozilla verification. i´m addicted to this
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI use clippings every day all day long. Would rate it 5 stars, however have to reload the plugin daily for it to work.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sterneneven when right-clicking on a text box (like on FB), that option (This Frame → Show Only This Frame) does not show up for me. Any hint what I am doing wrong... Otherwise a really great addon, which I use very often
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenBeen using Clippings for several years now. Recently cam up with a way to share/update copies of it on 3 machines I use. If you use Dropbox, make a common folder between the machines you require it on and set this folder as the default clippings .clipbak data source. Any changes are made available across all machines!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenPerfect!
But somehow the localized version doesn't show up in Dutch Firefox 50, it stays in English. Can you take a look?
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sterneni can't paste the text in chat @ saltybet.com but works when i popout chat
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWorks great on most sites, but I used it on a daily basis on Facebook when leaving comments on my pages and it seems to screw the reply box up somehow.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThanks, exactly what I needed!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI have just switched to this add-on from another similar one that has let me down badly but this one is far better than the other one was when it worked! I can save far much more than the other one, I can organize items, make folders and keep text separate, edit items, move text and search, which is really great.
The pop-up box is great if you spot a spelling mistake in the text on-screen so you don't have to use a separate editor and the drag 'n' drop is better than having to copy and paste.
I am so glad I discovered this, I wish I'd found it before. I don't have to delete or lose something when I hit the 40 item limit!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenDiscreet, easy to use, the best blocknote in my opinion.