- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Erne D, vor 5 MonatenThe add-on itself is good, however, I found out that it clears my already typed text when I paste something.
This happens on Linux, on Windows it runs perfectly fine.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon alex21, vor 9 MonatenNice extension! Works very well! BUT I can't sync. I using two Firefox browsers (2 different pc's) and it's impossible to sync!
I already download and install sync app, set same Dropbox folder on two pc's and I can see green icon sync is on.
But when I add new clipping on the first pc, another pc doesn't have this clipp. Literally nothing happen. Does sync option really works?
I tried sync manually on second PC but I only get this message "Updating the synced clippings folder. Click reload to continue." And nothing happen. None Clippings synced.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 9 MonatenYou need to trigger the sync manually from Clippings Manager on the second PC - click on the sync button next to the Synced Clippings folder. For more help, see the Sync Clippings page at https://aecreations.sourceforge.io/clippings/sync.php
If you are having further issues, please post to the AE Creations Help and Support forum: https://groups.google.com/g/aecreations-help
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon denb10, vor einem JahrClippings is a very useful extension that works great.
However, I have two negative reviews (that earn it one star less):
1. The choices offered for the predefined "Formatted Date" placeholder are for English speakers only, they are not localized. This is a shame.
2. The setup of the sync clippings helper app requires administrator rights and the synchronization can only be activated by the user who installed the program. As a result, a standard user (who does not have administrator privileges) cannot synchronize his clippings. This is annoying.
Would it be possible to solve these two problems? Thank you!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon ethos, vor 2 JahrenThis is a very helpful addon. But it currently requires a standalone tool to realize syncing. Could firefox's built-in sync function be utilized? Thank you !
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 JahrenFirefox Sync doesn't have the ability to sync with Thunderbird. If you want to synchronize your clippings with Thunderbird or other Firefox installations, install the Sync Clippings Helper App: https://aecreations.sourceforge.io/clippings/sync.php
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Thomas, vor 3 JahrenVery unique and useful addon. But I have to say, what the heck is up with ALL of those permissions.. wow.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 JahrenAll those permissions are needed for Clippings to function. Go to the following page to learn more about the meaning of those permissions, and why they are needed: http://aecreations.sourceforge.net/clippings/permissions.php
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Dogger, vor 4 JahrenIt's a very useful addon, but three problems limit its utility once you have a large number of entries.
1. You can't sort or rearrange items,
2. It has a search window in Organize mode, but you can't search when you're trying to Insert.
3. While inserting, you only see the first fragment of an item. You should be able to see the whole thing when you hover your cursor over it.Starting with version 6.1, which was just released, reordering of clippings and folders in Clippings Manager using drag and drop will now be saved, and the ordering will be reflected in the Clippings menu.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13843129, vor 4 JahrenWould it be possible to speed up showing the window when pressing Alt+Shift+Y?
It used to show up almost instantly in previous versions (maybe lower than version 6) and now it takes almost 1-2 seconds to appear and I use the app quite often and all these waits count altogether.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon mrbunnylamakins, vor 4 JahrenI was enjoying Clippings a lot and was using it the other day till today, when it gave me the message " Clippings won't work in Private Browsing mode, or if the browser privacy settings are too restrictive. Your clippings will not be accessible, and new clippings cannot be created." I have Not changed anything. And why did a page open after restarting Firefox with as if reloaded. Plus the Message "database for storing data from your add-ons is not accessible."
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14209043, vor 4 JahrenI use it to fill in notes at work everyday, a huge time saver!!! Only problem is you cannot reorder the clips to your liking, the feature is there but does not save or function. Exporting and importing is somewhat cumbersome too, but other than that it works great thanks!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14155623, vor 4 JahrenThis is a great product. Thanks. When a new Ffox update came, FFox marked this Clippings 6.0.6 as DISABLED. Now, all my content are gone. Any way to retrieve it after the fact and import into the new version? Please help point me how I can export the current contents. FFox verion is, FFox Quantum 60.1.0esr (32-bit). Thanks.I don't see how it's possible that Clippings could get disabled when upgrading Firefox; there is no "maximum" compatible Firefox version set for Clippings 6.0.6. If Clippings is still disabled, try downgrading to your previous version of Firefox (be careful not to choose the option to delete your Firefox profile).
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon TheInvoker, vor 4 JahrenThis extension stopped working because now it says "clippings doesn't work when the privacy settings in Firefox are too restrictive,such as turning on Private Browsin mode...." But i didn't change anything and Private Browsing is not enabled.The likely cause is that the database that Clippings uses to store its data has become corrupted. Run Firefox Refresh (instructions here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings), then reinstall Clippings.