- von fayetandog, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenHi! I love this, just one problem is that it isn't working well with Facebook comments. When I paste the clipping on Facebook comments the comment box just disappears as seen in this GIF http://www.giphy.com/gifs/3o752cTQIWIOTgmtQ4
It's very useful for social media managers like me so hoping for a solution for this issue! :)Facebook is preventing pasting of clipping text, and mass text inserts in general, into comment boxes as well as in Messenger. This may be an actual feature on their end, and there are no plans for Clippings to defeat it.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13623412, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenThe latest version of clippings has stopped CTRL+A (Select All) from working totally. This has been tested on two machines, two different OS. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled both Clippings and Firefox without success. I downgraded to Clippings 6.0, which resolved the issue. Clippings then automatically updated to the latest version and now CTRL+A is not working. How do I completely disable the automatic updating of Clippings?UPDATE: This issue is fixed in version 126.96.36.199. Original reply follows.
This is a bug in Clippings Manager which will be fixed in an upcoming release. Workaround: right-click on the textbox and click Select All from the context menu.
Hopefully there won't be a need to disable automatic updating of Clippings now that there is a temporary workaround solution -- but if you must still do it, turn off automatic updates in Add-ons Manager in Firefox.
If you have any more questions, please post them to the AE Creations Help and Support Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!categories/aecreations-help. Thanks.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13615078, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis plugin is awesome. But recently the export stopped working and it only gives option to save as json which gives a 1 KB file with just heading.There have been other reports of this issue, and I would like to get more details to find the cause so that I can fix it. Could you try the export again and see if there are any error messages that appear in the browser console? Please post your findings to the AE Creations Help and Support forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/aecreations-help
- von CocoMarmela, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI'm not able to even download the add on- seems that needs like an upgrade or something can you help me?You need Firefox 57 or newer to get Clippings 6. If you are using an older version of Firefox, install version 5.5.2 from the "See all versions" link from the sidebar on the left.
- von TheWayOfYahweh, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenDoesn't appear to be anything like the simplicity and speed of what Paste Email (Original) was, quick and easy. So frustrated with what Mozilla has done to the browser, no longer quick or easy. Truly can't wait for Brave to come up to speed.
- von sebbyz, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenClippings is a great tool but I haven't noticed any improvement with the update to Clippings 6 and the following issues are problematic, if anyone knows how to fix I would be grateful:-
1.Could originally view the shortcut list to see which keys I had assigned, that's no longer available.
2. I don't have the option to add color to the clippings flags
3.Search tool is so much slower with the new version.It's not so much of an upgrade: Clippings had to be rewritten to be compatible with Firefox 57 and newer, which imposes new requirements for Firefox add-ons. Some features like the shortcut key list and colored labels didn't make it into Clippings 6, but will be considered for upcoming releases. I will continue to monitor feedback from other users before deciding on what to do with the search functionality in Clippings Manager (I assume this is the "search tool" you were talking about).
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12255157, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenWith version 5.5.2 it was possible to set the location of the data source - this seems to no longer be available in v6.0 - this was a useful feature as I could use a common file for both Firefox and Thunderbird text clippings. Is there any chance of putting this option back in (assuming that I haven't overlooked the obvious).
6.12.2017 Thank you for your response, I look forward to being able to use the same file for both applications again.
- von Raewyn, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenMy Favourite Add-on.
Thank you for the updated add-on and for releasing it so quickly after Firefox 57. It works well on Windows 7 and everything still works the same for me. I never did use the shortcut keys as I always right-clicked and went from there. No problems finding my old clippings. Very easy to use. This add-on is definitely a keeper.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13471454, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis is the link that will take you to where Clippings backup files are stored in Firefox Profiles--
Feeling much better this morning...
- von Jedsada, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenThis morning I discover the new clippings and I am very disappointed!
The window is ALWAYS over the browser window. It disturbs a lot!
All the clippings have the same color, impossible to allow them another color
... or did I miss something?
I would have given 6 stars to the old version but here I give only 2. It doesn't deserve more.
- von Redacted, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenWorks well enough, current version is a bit buggy though, a few field boxes don't seem to work like the ones here on AMO https://i.imgur.com/2qi7xgw.png
Then there is the Exporting that seem to not work at all, And I've also had issues with deleting things with the manager, other then that works great and a fantastic timesaver.
There is one feature request I have for the Dev if he see this, can there be an option to remove this in the context menu https://i.imgur.com/dHTdxyw.png when highlighting text (I don't use this at all, and hate cluttering up this menu with unnecessary things). I do want it to be there for when I'm in field boxes though https://i.imgur.com/oYrCV8R.png
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13465527, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenI can't doulble-click the clippings to paste them after upgrade to Firefox 57.0(64bit) on win10.. Please fix this. I might as well use word to copy and paste in my document--why have you done this?