- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenStopped working for me.
When I try to create a clipping it get the message No Text Was Selected. Please Select Text First. I do have text selected.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenYesterday I opened my browser and found that all the notes had deleted. Your application was empty.
Clippings 6 does not perform an automatic backup, so I had to use a backup made TWO MONTHS ago.
This is a catastrophe. I do not know what to do.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenExcellent extension, really does what is needed.
It would be nice if it could some time in the future have a new placeholder that pastes the content of the clipboard into the text
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis extension stopped working because now it says "clippings doesn't work when the privacy settings in Firefox are too restrictive,such as turning on Private Browsin mode...." But i didn't change anything and Private Browsing is not enabled.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor einem JahrThe likely cause is that the database that Clippings uses to store its data has become corrupted. Run Firefox Refresh (instructions here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings), then reinstall Clippings.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat extension, much similar, but better, than Chrome extension "Papercuts".
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI have used this a lot with Firefox ESR, and was glad to see that it is been recoded for Quantum. However, I did not install it on Quantum after it warned that this add-on wants my permission to
Access your data for all websites
Download files and read and modify the browsers download history
Access browsing history
Access browser tabs
Store unlimited amount of data client side
A bit much?
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenGreat easy to learn
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenClippings has been nothing short of a lifesaver at work.
** It would be nice if newly added templates in a folder would remain in the same spot when you close the browser. All new templates default to the end of the folder instead of holding it's place when the browser is closed. ** I hope that this gets fixed soon.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenVery useful for my job as a support tech where I need to paste the same text into ticket updates frequently.
I also use it to paste BBCode formatting elements into ticket updates, so a handy feature would be to use the currently selected text as a preset to use in a placeholder.
For example I could have clipping that contains "[CODE]$[SELECTED][/CODE]". I could then select some text in a form field, then hit the shortcut key for this clipping, and it would wrap the selected text in BBCode CODE tags. I don't know if Firefox would allow accessing selected text in this way though.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI highly recommend this add on.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI used to work with O'Notes, however it doesn't work with FF57+, so I had to try any other app, and tried Clippings.
Overall it does what it promises and I like the way with subdir structure (for that 3 stars), would be 5 stars if not these limitations:
- Can't use clips to insert in the any "Password" and some "Email" fields !?! - [why?];
- Can't pin Clippings main window to the Sidebar;
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenparfait pour les petits textes répétitifs
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenThe extension floods the browser/OS with unnecessary requests to a cache folder, for as long as it's running. I suspect it might be the reason for some of the performance problems I've been having lately. The developer's support page requires joining a group with a pre-approval, so I'm leaving the feedback here. https://i.imgur.com/VZ8vk3q.png
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenGreat addon, used to work a lot with it. Unfortunately it is not working with Thunderbird 58/59...
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenl like it