- autor: Michael, pred 2 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 3 z 5The extension was great until an update a month or two ago. It now synchronizes with the desktop app which is nice, but the change brought with it some annoying issues. Opening the extension when not already unlocked now regularly takes >5s. There will be no indication that it registered your keypress, so I often find myself clicking it repeatedly because I think I missed the button, which probably makes it worse.
Much worse than that is that every now and then when submitting my master password to unlock the extension it will get hung up in some processing state where it won't respond until Firefox is completely restarted. Given that I often have a lot of tabs open that I'm not ready to close, this just leads me to not use 1password at all when this happens.
1password used to be one of those tools I never had to worry about. Recently my main feeling towards it has been frustration, which is disappointing given how good of a tool it is otherwise.
Odpoveď od vývojárauverejnené pred 2 mesiacmiHey Michael,
Thanks for taking the time to write this review!
We are aware of certain delays that can occur in specific setups and are working on improving this.
For now, if the issue is unbearable, feel free to disable the integration in the extension’s settings. Right click the extension’s icon on the top right corner of your browser and select “Settings”, then turn off the “Integrate with 1Password app” option.
That will allow you to avoid the delay time caused by the desktop app’s unlock sequence.
Our apologies for the inconvenience. Keep your apps up to date and stay tuned for fixes and improvements! :)
If you’d like to help us with this, we’d really appreciate it if you can reproduce the issue, generate a diagnostics report immediately after and send it over to us to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of the problem. Here’s how to generate a diagnostics report: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/
Thank you kindly,
The 1Password team.
- autor: AD, pred 3 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 3 z 5Not user friendly to install and get started.Hey there AD,
We’d love to hear your feedback, where exactly you found things difficult/confusing and any other input you may have!
Feel free to write to us at email@example.com so we can keep improving the experience and simplicity of 1Password!
Thank you kindly.
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 16960040, pred 3 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 4 z 5Mostly, it works as advertised. I have 3 areas for improvement to suggest: 1. Because of the way it prompts, it's too easy to save just a user ID and not the password or vice versa, and not be prompted to save both. 2. Recent Firefox update seems to have disabled the extension so now I have to add it again. 3. It closes itself after 10 minutes so I am constantly having to re-input my 1Password password; resetting this seems to be browser-specific and not intuitive. You shouldn't have to be a systems security nerd to find it easy to use.Hey there,
Thanks for taking the time to write this review!
1. Thanks for the feedback here. We show the “Save in 1Password” button in every field where you type in, to give you the option to control what is saved, where and when. It might be a slight adjustment to ignore the “Save in 1Password” button until after you are done typing in both username and password fields, but that’s great feedback, so thank you!
2. We have not yet encountered such reports from other users. Not sure why your 1Password disappeared from Firefox but that should definitely not happen when Firefox updates! If you encounter the issue again, please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate!
3. You can adjust the auto-lock timer in the extension’s settings page. If you have the 1Password desktop app installed on your computer, then the extension should connect to it and inherit the auto-lock timer settings from the desktop app, so make sure to check the desktop app’s settings as well! If you need further assistance with this, please do email us so we can help you set this up as you want it to work. Unlocking 1Password in your browser should unlock the desktop app and all other browsers in one go!
- autor: Ken Amazing, pred 3 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 1 z 5This version simply doesn't work. Install, make sure permissions are all granted and click the 1password button. Nothing happens.
Installed the "Classic" version (https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/) and everything works fine.Hey Ken,
We’d love to troubleshoot this issue with you so you can enjoy the new extension and all of its outstanding features!
Please email us all the details of the problem to email@example.com and we’ll gladly help you sort this out as soon as possible!
- autor: DocJohninDC, pred 3 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 5 z 5I have been using 1Password for years. The fact that it's now a subscription doesn't bother me because of the improvements that keep coming. Once upon a time I tried several other password managers but 1Password tops them all IMHO.
- autor: Tone, pred 3 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 1 z 5New version is bubbly, ugly, lacking features, and as a result: a pain in the ass to use. I prefer the old version.Hey Tone,
Sorry to hear you’re not liking the new extension. We’re sure we can improve your experience and help with any missing features you refer to.
Please email us all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll gladly help as best we can!
- autor: timwis, pred 3 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 3 z 5I'm a huge fan of 1Password and recommend it all the time. But the new Firefox extension gives me a few concerns:
1. Rendering on the web page instead of the browser chrome gives me less certainty that it's authentic (how do I know the website hasn't rendered or interfered with it).
2. Rendering on the web page presumably lets the web page access the contents of the dropdowns. I'm sure the 1Password team has taken every precaution to protect my data here, but it still makes me quite nervous, and generally reminds me of LastPass (and why I was so happy to move to 1Password because it _didn't_ that).
3. It generally feels less smooth: for example, it's a different keybinding to unlock it for some reason, and when the pop-up shows, pressing the down arrow sometimes skips the first entry in the dropdown for some reason.
Having said that, I'm loving the _contents_ of the new UI features, like previewing updating entries; I just wish they were part of the native app, or at least the browser chrome (but native app if possible).
P.S. I'm posting this here because the "What's new" blog posts suggest directing feedback here, and there's no other feedback links I could see on the 1Password website. I'm happy to remove this review and direct my feedback elsewhere if that's preferred. Thanks for your consideration.Hey timwis!
Thank you kindly for taking the time to write this review and feedback. Much appreciated!
On 1 & 2, we do take many precautions here such that normal web content cannot interfere with the pieces we render into the web page. Through use of ShadowDOM (which stops other web content from being able to see our content), confirmation prompts (for credit cards and identity items which don't have associated URLs), and never taking an account password to unlock from within the webpage, we take a large number of precautions to secure the experience.
If you do still feel nervous about the in-page suggestions, they can be set to not automatically show or not show at all using the settings under the Autofill section.
If you want to continue to use the existing unlock shortcut, connecting the extension with the desktop app will let you use that. Once connected the unlocking the desktop app will unlock the extension. The keyboard shortcut for the opening the pop-up is configurable within the settings, but we definitely understand can be hard to change when you are so used to a specific workflow for so long :)
Thanks again for all the feedback and input here. Feel free to write to us if you have any additional concerns or thoughts you’d like to share! You can write to us via email privately to email@example.com or publicly in our community forum: https://1password.community/
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 16950451, pred 3 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 1 z 5Can't log in. Every time it thinks that the data is wrong. I have also copied and pasted all the data.
This "new" login process is confusing. Supposedly the account has already been added.Hey there,
If you’re having issues logging into your account or any of the 1Password apps, please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll gladly help you get things set up with your 1Password!
We hope to hear from you soon.
The 1Password team.
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 12266397, pred 3 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 3 z 5I've had this for 2 weeks & love it's new sign in features,but this week it will not open. It keeps saying "downloading" so I use the old version instead. Frustrating!Hey there,
This definitely sounds like an issue we can help you with!
Please send us an email with all the details (and a screenshot) of the issue to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help you get things working properly.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
The 1Password team.