- autor: Krystof Beuermann, pred 3 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 1 z 5No TouchID on Mac so i will cancel my subscriptionHeya Krystof!
As of this week TouchID has returned while using the beta of the desktop app and browser extension available from https://support.1password.com/betas/
If you're not into the betas, we also have our Classic Extension which supports TouchID and can be found from https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/
If there's anything else we can give you a hand with, we'd love to chat by emailing email@example.com
- autor: Simse, pred 3 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 3 z 5Using it, but not particularly loving it. Sometimes overlays Logincontent and gets overlayed by it's app, TouchID: Desperatley needed but not in sight (and no, i do not use X and whant not use classic) - its ok, but it's frustrating at some points.Hey Simse,
If 1Password’s inline menu gets in your way, you can dismiss it by clicking the little 1Password icon inside the field or by pressing ESC on your keyboard.
Touch ID is now available in our beta version! Feel free to take it for a spin by installing both beta versions of the desktop app and the browser extension from here: https://support.1password.com/betas/
If you require further assistance, feel free to email us to firstname.lastname@example.org :)
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 16847030, pred 3 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 1 z 5The directions are worthless; they don't help get the account set up. When you sign into a web site, 1Password does NOT offer to save the sign-in information like it says it does (I have tried about 15 web addresses; it offered to save the password for ONE of them only). There is no obvious way to get actual support with the process. I am totally frustrated and about to cancel the subscription that just started last week.Hey there,
We’d love to help you with any and all issues you are having! Feel free to email us to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
- autor: Eckhard Ehm, pred 3 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 1 z 5useless. no point in using it. you need the app and this extention offers nothing in the browser workflow that makes your live easier.Hey Eckhard Ehm,
The extension should definitely make your life easier. We’d like to help you with this if you’re having troubles!
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help with any and all issues you are experiencing.
- autor: Oreoreo, pred 3 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 2 z 5So the extension is independent from the app in Windows? I'm so sick of entering password every time I launch the browser, even I have the desktop app unlocked in Windows.Hey Oreoreo!
Yes, this extension is (currently) independent from the desktop app. We’re working on integrating it with the desktop app though, so keep your apps up to date and stay tuned!
In the meantime, if keeping it unlocked is crucial for your workflow, you can install 1Password Classic instead: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 16767723, pred 4 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 1 z 5Where is the touch feature? Poor add-in, so yesterday. Nothing worse than having to enter a password 20 times a day. If I knew touch was not available, I wouldn't have purchased a subscription.Hey there,
Touch ID support for 1Password in the browser is not yet available, but we’re working on it!
In the meantime, you can enjoy Touch ID unlock with 1Password Classic instead: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/
- autor: what do you want, pred 4 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 1 z 5I am so sick of typing my password in every single time I open my browser. It defeats the purpose of a password manager. They say they don't allow you to save it for security purposes, but there is no reason it couldn't be opt-in. It's also insane that they don't have a toggle to view the password that you're typing in, especially when your master password should be long and complicated.Hey there,
1Password in the browser will lock up when you close the browser.
We’re currently working on a feature that will allow 1Password in the browser to connect to the 1Password desktop app, which will allow it to remain unlocked even if the browser is closed (because the desktop app keeps running in the background!).
This feature already exist in our 1Password Classic extension, which you can install and enjoy right now: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/
- autor: jonrandy, pred 4 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 4 z 5Fantastic, but please bring back the ability to have a monochrome icon. I have no desire for a coloured icon that looks out of place in Firefox
- autor: swcolegrove, pred 4 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 5 z 5My original review for this extension was 5 stars. Recently the extension stopped working. I reached out to support and I guess it no longer works if you do not have FireFox set to remember your history.
I have my browser set to delete all history whenever the browser closes. I do this for privacy and security - something I thought 1P would be supportive of.
The fact that the extension can only work if the browser remembers your history is totally unacceptable.
I am aware the the classic extension works - but is tied to the awful desktop app. I do not want to use the classic extension or the awful desktop app. This extension used to work perfectly fine. Get your stuff together 1P team.
== Update to developer response: ==
My settings are "History: use custom settings" With only "Clear history when Firefox closes" checked and nothing else.
These have always been my browser settings and I have not changed them. The extension is suddenly working again so I'm not sure what exactly was going on, but I am restoring my 5 star review
Odpoveď od vývojárauverejnené pred 4 mesiacmiHey there swcolegrove,
Nothing has recently changed for us on that front, if you have Firefox set to “Always use Private Browsing” and disable the “Remember History” simultaneously, then the extension will not be able to initialize properly since it can’t write the necessary files into Firefox’s local storage (due to how Firefox handles IndexedDB requests with these options turned on).
You can, however, disable one of these options and open a new private browsing window manually, which will allow you to keep your privacy and not remember any history, while having 1Password functioning properly.
It is only the combination of these settings that prevents the extension from functioning, but these two settings overlap each other and one of them can be disabled without losing any privacy or security.
Thank you for the kind review CptTim!
Enjoy your 1Password and stay safe. :)