- autor: swcolegrove, pred 4 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 5 z 5My original review for this extension was 5 stars. Recently the extension stopped working. I reached out to support and I guess it no longer works if you do not have FireFox set to remember your history.
I have my browser set to delete all history whenever the browser closes. I do this for privacy and security - something I thought 1P would be supportive of.
The fact that the extension can only work if the browser remembers your history is totally unacceptable.
I am aware the the classic extension works - but is tied to the awful desktop app. I do not want to use the classic extension or the awful desktop app. This extension used to work perfectly fine. Get your stuff together 1P team.
== Update to developer response: ==
My settings are "History: use custom settings" With only "Clear history when Firefox closes" checked and nothing else.
These have always been my browser settings and I have not changed them. The extension is suddenly working again so I'm not sure what exactly was going on, but I am restoring my 5 star reviewHey there swcolegrove,
Nothing has recently changed for us on that front, if you have Firefox set to “Always use Private Browsing” and disable the “Remember History” simultaneously, then the extension will not be able to initialize properly since it can’t write the necessary files into Firefox’s local storage (due to how Firefox handles IndexedDB requests with these options turned on).
You can, however, disable one of these options and open a new private browsing window manually, which will allow you to keep your privacy and not remember any history, while having 1Password functioning properly.
It is only the combination of these settings that prevents the extension from functioning, but these two settings overlap each other and one of them can be disabled without losing any privacy or security.
Thank you for the kind review CptTim!
Enjoy your 1Password and stay safe. :)
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 16768350, pred 4 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 4 z 5I absolutely love the new way of prefilling the passwords and the one-time-passwords in comparisson with the previous version. But I'm really missing the connection with the desktop app so I don't have to enter my main password every time and I can unlock with touch ID.
In the meantime, keep up the good work!
- autor: Waylon, pred 4 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 5 z 5Absolutely love having a password manager and after trying a few I settled on this. I really like the simplicity of it and the Firefox shortcut. I've been convincing everyone I know to get this password manager.
- autor: 🐺🌲, pred 5 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 1 z 5The new version keeps asking me to login to their website but I have the app installed on my Mac. It should just work like before the update. Force quitting both the app and Firefox doesn't help. I have now installed the classic version from their site which at least fills out login forms after six tries each time I need it, but the toolbar popup is always empty. Better skip this version until they fix it.Hey there,
This version is quite different from the Classic extension and works independently from the desktop app, which can be found here, https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/
1Password Classic is indeed the way to go at the moment if you want to work with the desktop app. If you’re having any troubles with Classic or this version feel free to email us to email@example.com and we’ll gladly help!
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 16756914, pred 5 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 4 z 5Thanks to developer response, I've installed 1Password Classic and got Touch ID back. This particular extension is lacking Touch ID support for now.Hey there,
Touch ID is not yet available in this extension, but we’re definitely working on it!
In the meantime, if Touch ID is required for your workflow, you can use 1Password Classic instead: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/
- autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 15259730, pred 5 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 3 z 5I have the app on my Mac w/ Safari as well. Where it asks a bit less frequently for the master password. With Firefox on the PC I have to enter my lengthy master pwd almost on every login to a website. Which is somewhat annoying. And occasionally I have to change a password. Which often backfires. Especially if the website asks for the old and then the new password. I had just thought out a new one and copied it to the clipboard. Then revealed the old one and manually typed it in. Then pasted the new one into the "new password" field. Submitted and changed successfully on the web site. Back to 1Password where I clicked on "Edit" the entry for the website I just changed the password for, and then tried to paste my new password into the corresponding password box. To my surprise it no longer worked and 1Password offered a new one. So now I have no recollection of the one I just changed, and have to start a password recovery process. Annoying to say the least...
- autor: Maize, pred 5 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 1 z 5Absolutely atrocious. The UI is garbage.Hey Maize,
Would you be so kind as to elaborate on what you didn’t like in the UI exactly? Feel free to send us your feedback and thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- autor: Metta, pred 5 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 4 z 5Extenstion no longer works in Firefox. Was very happy with your product until a few months ago when it stopped working in Firefox. Now I have to use Safari.
**installing the "classic version" seems to work in Firefox. I wish you had been more transparent about this as I have been trying to figure this out for months.Hey Metta,
If you'd like to give our newer extension another shot, this guide may be helpful in seeing how things have changed, https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/
If you'd like to still continue using the Classic extension, the link is still available from our site here, https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/
We’ll also gladly help with any questions or issues you have via email, so feel free to email us as needed to email@example.com
- autor: nake89, pred 5 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 5 z 5Doesn't work on Linux.
EDIT: Got it to work by removing the extension and adding it again. I think the extension needs to be installed AFTER installing the app. Installing the app afterwards did not seem to fix the non-working extension.
I rated this 5 stars. Because it works on Android Firefox and Desktop Firefox. This is a feature I need and therefore cannot use Lastpass or other competitors. As far as I can see 1Password has best cross-platform/cross-browser/cross-device. This is such a good feature. Thank you. You have earned a paying customer after my trial is done.Hey nake89,
1Password should definitely work on Linux! We’ll be happy to troubleshoot this with you. Please send us all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible
- autor: Anubis, pred 5 mesiacmiHodnotenie: 1 z 5Updated Firefox to 86.0.1 and reinstalled the extension. Nothing happens when I click on the icon.
FWIW, the extension works on Safari and Chrome.Hey Anubis,
That doesn't sound right at all! We’ll be happy to troubleshoot this with you. Please reach out to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.