- di Lord Ente Rest, 2 anni faValutata 5 su 5Works with little quirks. It was somewhat difficult for me to find the right spot to configure the target name for files that i wanted to download. There should be a useful default (eg. the original name of the file on the web site). After having found the right spot there is a little problem with the tokens "name" and "ext" because a file with the name "abcd.v01.doc" delivers "abcd" for name and "doc" for ext - which from my point of view is not the right answer. BUT: I could create my custom token "fullname" which alleviated the issue. You can even configure your own extension for files to download - this was a must for me.
- di Thomas, 2 anni faValutata 5 su 5Thank you sir! Works exactly as advertised. If something is not working for you then why don't you watch the tutorial video? The dev literally posted it in his description. Thank you for making an awesome addon!
- di Utente Firefox 13436360, 2 anni faValutata 1 su 5couldn't actually get it to find a set of files on a page of links. trying to find all links that were .mkv, wouldn't recognize them. Was hoping that it would just list all the links and let me filter after, but it wants to filter first. Disappointed, probably is fine for some people, didn't work for me
- di Utente Firefox 15014382, 2 anni faValutata 1 su 5As others have said, this does not work AT ALL. Once the files are selected there is no green download button to click. It just sits there showing a list of files.
This is the web page I tried it on. It identified about a couple of hundred files but will not download any.
https://www.livelingua.com/spanish/courses/dli/Spanish_Language_Course_-_SOLT_Course:_Workbook/#descriptionDid you scroll down for the download button?
Here is a tutorial video which shows how to download files from the same web-page you had posted. https://youtu.be/DwH_NboclFA
- di Utente Firefox 14701193, 2 anni faValutata 5 su 5Hi
Thank you for this great addon.
it took me a lot of searches to find this great addon.
I also used it to download several PDFs :)
Please also add an option so we can set our own filter by a custom format (.*) for ex. .md or .aac or .epub or .ttf or ...
Thank you very much
Update: I found the custom setting, Thanks :3
- di Utente Firefox 14590184, 2 anni faValutata 5 su 5Prabhu, ignore the one star haters who cant provide a constructive comment.
This is a great plugin. The only downside is that I didnt have to write my own scraper. :-) This plugin made it simple to download a bunch of pdfs.
Kudos and thanks.
- di Utente Firefox 13755196, 3 anni faValutata 3 su 5This seems like a promising extension, but two options will make it greater :
1) Download option in right click ;
2) Please find a way to download files in same directory without asking every time. Or at least option to download files to new directory or last directory option in right click.
Reply to developer :
2) You're not understanding. I'm saying please find a way to either remember the last folder location without asking for each download instead of downloading to default folder if that setting you're saying is disabled.1. Right click option? Do you want a launch download links menu to be listed in the right click context menu?
2. Prompting for download location can be disabled through a setting in preferences. In download links pop Just click on the gear icon in the top right corner and you should be able to find the option.
1. Got it. Will add that to backlog.
2. For security reasons Firefox doesn't allow addons to access any location other than the default download directory that is set Firefox Preferences. So let's say if you have saved a file previously in "C:\mydir" directory, then next time when you download through this plugin (or any similar plugin) it won't know that location.
Let's say your default download directory is C:\downloads, then this addon can create subdirectory relative to that and use that for downloading files. Subdirectory name can be by date, website name etc. This setup is through this addon Preferences (Gear icon)->Save Options (click on the ? in top for help)
- di Utente Firefox 14487705, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5Would be better if Excel files could be included in the file types along with pdf, DOC etc...
A response to your reply ... MY BAD .. a subtle user issue.. and program is fine.
I would make it 4.5 stars now.
=== my perceived problem ... but not a problem at all.
I did go to Preferences/Extensions/Custom then selected Media dropdown , chose "Others" and added XLSX . "XLSX" shows up as black in a little box and appears along with all the preset list in the Active Extensions page, but it did not show up anywhere after that to use it/select it.
MY BAD! The problem was that I was making the changes/selections while on a website that was NOT the one with XLSX files. When I added the desired extension on the site with files then "XLSX" came up ...... along with all the others.
- di Utente Firefox 14481203, 3 anni faValutata 5 su 5This is the most effective add-ons when it comes to downloading stubborn embedded audio on using Firefox. I tried series of add-ons with high recommendations but non was able to do it. I am really happy for this!
My advice is for you to advertise this add-on on many forum because many people don't know that this wonderful stuff exists. Make comments on forums like quora, NAIRALAND, and other sites hosted found on google
- di Utente Firefox 13433377, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5I want to congratulate the developer because this extension is highly efficient.
This extension gives you a quick and natural filter for downloads according to the file type.
But, you can not see the name of the files to be downloaded. To see the name of the files to download is useful when downloading PDF files because it allows you selecting by name for the ongoing download. I wish that this feature is available to extract all the potential to this extension.
I join the request for a better interface for downloading to an individual folder.
Congratulations on your extension!Thanks for the review. To view name of the file, just click on the button "Downloading in" in 'Verify files selected for download'. Its actually a toggle button.