- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 13755196, 4 anni faThis seems like a promising extension, but two options will make it greater :
1) Download option in right click ;
2) Please find a way to download files in same directory without asking every time. Or at least option to download files to new directory or last directory option in right click.
Reply to developer :
2) You're not understanding. I'm saying please find a way to either remember the last folder location without asking for each download instead of downloading to default folder if that setting you're saying is disabled.1. Right click option? Do you want a launch download links menu to be listed in the right click context menu?
2. Prompting for download location can be disabled through a setting in preferences. In download links pop Just click on the gear icon in the top right corner and you should be able to find the option.
1. Got it. Will add that to backlog.
2. For security reasons Firefox doesn't allow addons to access any location other than the default download directory that is set Firefox Preferences. So let's say if you have saved a file previously in "C:\mydir" directory, then next time when you download through this plugin (or any similar plugin) it won't know that location.
Let's say your default download directory is C:\downloads, then this addon can create subdirectory relative to that and use that for downloading files. Subdirectory name can be by date, website name etc. This setup is through this addon Preferences (Gear icon)->Save Options (click on the ? in top for help)
- Valutata 4 su 5di Utente Firefox 14487705, 4 anni faWould be better if Excel files could be included in the file types along with pdf, DOC etc...
A response to your reply ... MY BAD .. a subtle user issue.. and program is fine.
I would make it 4.5 stars now.
=== my perceived problem ... but not a problem at all.
I did go to Preferences/Extensions/Custom then selected Media dropdown , chose "Others" and added XLSX . "XLSX" shows up as black in a little box and appears along with all the preset list in the Active Extensions page, but it did not show up anywhere after that to use it/select it.
MY BAD! The problem was that I was making the changes/selections while on a website that was NOT the one with XLSX files. When I added the desired extension on the site with files then "XLSX" came up ...... along with all the others.
- Valutata 5 su 5di Utente Firefox 14481203, 4 anni faThis is the most effective add-ons when it comes to downloading stubborn embedded audio on using Firefox. I tried series of add-ons with high recommendations but non was able to do it. I am really happy for this!
My advice is for you to advertise this add-on on many forum because many people don't know that this wonderful stuff exists. Make comments on forums like quora, NAIRALAND, and other sites hosted found on google
- Valutata 4 su 5di Utente Firefox 13433377, 4 anni faI want to congratulate the developer because this extension is highly efficient.
This extension gives you a quick and natural filter for downloads according to the file type.
But, you can not see the name of the files to be downloaded. To see the name of the files to download is useful when downloading PDF files because it allows you selecting by name for the ongoing download. I wish that this feature is available to extract all the potential to this extension.
I join the request for a better interface for downloading to an individual folder.
Congratulations on your extension!Thanks for the review. To view name of the file, just click on the button "Downloading in" in 'Verify files selected for download'. Its actually a toggle button.
- Valutata 4 su 5di mari, 4 anni faI've seen you answered another review that said: "This is a great extension but it must include an option to select one folder to store all the selected links and not need to save file by file." I added Downloadlinks to firefox today. Left 'Do not open file location chooser...' checked, and in my firefox preferences I have 'Always ask where to save files'. But it didn't ask and saved on the default folder.
Great extension, simple and to the point. Thanks! But this download folder thing is the only thing missing.
p.s.: I think you should add an 'About' to the configurations.
Edit: sorry, I couldn't find a way to reply to your reply =) So I'm posting it in my original review. You answered:
"If 'Do not open file location' in unchecked, then the file chooser dialog *may* show up. It's *may* because that setting depends on Firefox setting 'Always ask where to save files'."
And, as I said on my first review: "in my firefox preferences I have 'Always ask where to save files'. But it didn't ask and saved on the default folder. " So, it is not working, either by the extension or because of my browser (plus exotic OS, combination),
I did not ask for the feature, to save only the links, but that sounds nice =) I suggested an 'About' somewher,e because there is nowhere in the extension that you say the name of it: ''Downloadlinks'' (not even in the window title), but that is just me digressing. Thanks again, for your answer.Thanks for reviewing!
Feature to save only links and not the real files? sounds good. I will add this to backlog.
Clarification about file chooser dialog:
If 'Do not open file location' is checked in Download-links, then no file chooser dialog will show-up at the time of download and all downloads will go to the default download folder that is set in Firefox Preferences. However, you can set relative folders in default download folder by specifying paths that is based on of tags. It is in Download-links->Preferences->Save Options. By that way you can organise files by date, filename and even by website name.
If 'Do not open file location' in unchecked, then the file chooser dialog *may* show up. It's *may* because that setting depends on Firefox setting 'Always ask where to save files'. If the Firefox setting is set, then the file chooser will be prompt for every download (not a good experience). If FF setting is not set, it would go to a default download folder.
Note: Firefox does not allow addon's to modify the default download folder. Hence the above behaviour for saving files.
- Valutata 4 su 5di Jorge L, 4 anni faIt's a great plug-in!!
By the way, Could you add a maximum number of downloads at the same time?
If I'm downloading 50 files, I think that doing the job by 5 files at the same time as maximum is better to not be banned by the server.
Anyway, congratulations for this Add-on
- Valutata 3 su 5di Utente Firefox 14293309, 4 anni faThis is a great extension but it must include an option to select one folder to store all the selected links and not need to save file by file.
- Valutata 4 su 5di Benico, 4 anni faThanks for your effort ! I have the same comment as other users: I don't want to specify the location for each individual file. And it always defaults to the same (previously used) download location.In release 4.0 you can manage download location by means of rename tags. It's a powerful feature and allows customisation of directory names and file names.
- Valutata 4 su 5di Akerbeltz, 4 anni faFinally a working replacement for DownloadThemAll, many thanks! The only feature I miss is being able to specify a download location, it defaults to Downloads but that's really messy at times if the files being downloaded don't have a clean name pattern (like sometimes they'll start with YYYY_MM_DD_NAME, sometimes it's YYYY_NAME_MM or NAME_YYYY_MM etc) and then they end up all over the Downloads folder, so it would be much better to be able to specify a specific folder.
- Valutata 4 su 5di ArsenioLupin, 4 anni faMuy buena, permite descargar otros tipos de archivos que no sean solo los que tiene registrados. Le faltaría poder indicar donde descargar todos los archivos juntos (y no uno por uno) y además que guarde el listado de extensiones agregadas.