- di Utente Firefox 14487705, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5Would be better if Excel files could be included in the file types along with pdf, DOC etc...
A response to your reply ... MY BAD .. a subtle user issue.. and program is fine.
I would make it 4.5 stars now.
=== my perceived problem ... but not a problem at all.
I did go to Preferences/Extensions/Custom then selected Media dropdown , chose "Others" and added XLSX . "XLSX" shows up as black in a little box and appears along with all the preset list in the Active Extensions page, but it did not show up anywhere after that to use it/select it.
MY BAD! The problem was that I was making the changes/selections while on a website that was NOT the one with XLSX files. When I added the desired extension on the site with files then "XLSX" came up ...... along with all the others.
- di Utente Firefox 13433377, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5I want to congratulate the developer because this extension is highly efficient.
This extension gives you a quick and natural filter for downloads according to the file type.
But, you can not see the name of the files to be downloaded. To see the name of the files to download is useful when downloading PDF files because it allows you selecting by name for the ongoing download. I wish that this feature is available to extract all the potential to this extension.
I join the request for a better interface for downloading to an individual folder.
Congratulations on your extension!Thanks for the review. To view name of the file, just click on the button "Downloading in" in 'Verify files selected for download'. Its actually a toggle button.
- di mari, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5I've seen you answered another review that said: "This is a great extension but it must include an option to select one folder to store all the selected links and not need to save file by file." I added Downloadlinks to firefox today. Left 'Do not open file location chooser...' checked, and in my firefox preferences I have 'Always ask where to save files'. But it didn't ask and saved on the default folder.
Great extension, simple and to the point. Thanks! But this download folder thing is the only thing missing.
p.s.: I think you should add an 'About' to the configurations.
Edit: sorry, I couldn't find a way to reply to your reply =) So I'm posting it in my original review. You answered:
"If 'Do not open file location' in unchecked, then the file chooser dialog *may* show up. It's *may* because that setting depends on Firefox setting 'Always ask where to save files'."
And, as I said on my first review: "in my firefox preferences I have 'Always ask where to save files'. But it didn't ask and saved on the default folder. " So, it is not working, either by the extension or because of my browser (plus exotic OS, combination),
I did not ask for the feature, to save only the links, but that sounds nice =) I suggested an 'About' somewher,e because there is nowhere in the extension that you say the name of it: ''Downloadlinks'' (not even in the window title), but that is just me digressing. Thanks again, for your answer.Thanks for reviewing!
Feature to save only links and not the real files? sounds good. I will add this to backlog.
Clarification about file chooser dialog:
If 'Do not open file location' is checked in Download-links, then no file chooser dialog will show-up at the time of download and all downloads will go to the default download folder that is set in Firefox Preferences. However, you can set relative folders in default download folder by specifying paths that is based on of tags. It is in Download-links->Preferences->Save Options. By that way you can organise files by date, filename and even by website name.
If 'Do not open file location' in unchecked, then the file chooser dialog *may* show up. It's *may* because that setting depends on Firefox setting 'Always ask where to save files'. If the Firefox setting is set, then the file chooser will be prompt for every download (not a good experience). If FF setting is not set, it would go to a default download folder.
Note: Firefox does not allow addon's to modify the default download folder. Hence the above behaviour for saving files.
- di Jorge L, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5It's a great plug-in!!
By the way, Could you add a maximum number of downloads at the same time?
If I'm downloading 50 files, I think that doing the job by 5 files at the same time as maximum is better to not be banned by the server.
Anyway, congratulations for this Add-on
- di Benico, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5Thanks for your effort ! I have the same comment as other users: I don't want to specify the location for each individual file. And it always defaults to the same (previously used) download location.In release 4.0 you can manage download location by means of rename tags. It's a powerful feature and allows customisation of directory names and file names.
- di Akerbeltz, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5Finally a working replacement for DownloadThemAll, many thanks! The only feature I miss is being able to specify a download location, it defaults to Downloads but that's really messy at times if the files being downloaded don't have a clean name pattern (like sometimes they'll start with YYYY_MM_DD_NAME, sometimes it's YYYY_NAME_MM or NAME_YYYY_MM etc) and then they end up all over the Downloads folder, so it would be much better to be able to specify a specific folder.
- di ArsenioLupin, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5Muy buena, permite descargar otros tipos de archivos que no sean solo los que tiene registrados. Le faltaría poder indicar donde descargar todos los archivos juntos (y no uno por uno) y además que guarde el listado de extensiones agregadas.
- di Utente Firefox 14020589, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5Necessita uma opção para "somente copiar os links para o clipboard ou um arquivo txt" para download futuro.
Outra opção seria não mostrar os links não desejados, como por exemplo: seu eu escolhi somente os tipos .rar, então, não deve aparecer na lista final os links de outros tipos de arquivos. Mesmo que desmarcados!
veja o plugin / extensão: https://sites.google.com/site/linkgopher/
It need an option to 'copy the links to the clipboard or a txt file' for future download.
Another option would be not to show the unwanted links, for example: your I chose only .rar types, then the links of other types of files should not appear in the final list. Even if unmarked!
see plugin / extension: https://sites.google.com/site/linkgopher/Thanks for the review.
Will provide an option to save and read links from clipboard.
Filtering mechanism will also be altered.
If you have more comments or suggestions, kindly email me.
Obrigado pela revisão.
Fornecerá uma opção para salvar e ler links da área de transferência.
O mecanismo de filtragem também será alterado.
Se você tiver mais comentários ou sugestões, por favor me envie um email.