Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by JX Coleman, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5This app is indispensable. . Everyone who does any kind of writing - and who doesn't send emails or respond to something online - needs this. It is fantastic. Highly recommended.
- by Alex, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5It does a simple job and for me it does it good, saved me some nerves from time to time when some timeouts happen in our ticket systems (OTRS, JIRA).
Works on recent versions of FF, has a history and is slightly customizable.
It's not a lazarus but it's also not trying to. I'm happy about every wall fo text that's not lost.
- by Amaylia, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on has saved my butt a countless number of times. I haven't had any issues using it on any of the forms that I use... it's worked on reddit, my medical providers website, and many other forums where I've typed up lengthy messages only to have it get wiped out by an expired session or other issue. I'm extremely thankful for it!
- by reikred, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5When I click on the Textarea Cache addon icon, addon should immediately save the text area (if any) of the active tab. Why? Because the exact timing of saves has been unpredictable, and I have experienced that the TaC is not up to date when I needed it to be. That is, I lost some typed text by some misfortune. Otherwise a great addon.
- by Adam, a year agoRated 2 out of 5It only works on some pages, doesn't work on websites I use the most, so it's pretty useless for me.
If this get fixed I'll give it more stars, the idea is good, functionality bad.
- by _ztv, a year agoRated 1 out of 5I've been using it for a couple of years. Recently updated from ESR 52 to 68 and was surprised that Addon is alive. But some features on ESR 68 don't work, for example, there's no icon in the navbar. Please correct.
- by Firefox user 5490605, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I am very surprised that this add-on has so few users. It has a very simple interface and some basic configuration controls. However, it is an absolute life saver when something you are writing within the browser (email, forum post etc) gets dumped by a page time-out, browser crash or similar. Textarea Cache saves everything you were writing, including italicised text where it has been entered, thereby saving you from fuming in anger and having to write it all out again! Just select the saved file, copy and paste the applicable text, and reinsert it back where you were writing it before everything went wrong. Damn useful!