Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by John, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5(EDITED)
Maybe I was a little fast in that first review. The plug in didn't seem to work at that time, but today things look different. Maybe it wanted a restart of the browser? Maybe it needed me to start the 64bit version instead of the older(56) 32bit to work? Have no idea. But it works.
Great!This add-on should not require any browser restarting. But sometimes add-on installation is quite weird causing some strange problems, maybe it is a bug of Firefox I guess...
Anyway, you have it now. Just enjoy it! And feel free to report bugs or new feature to me!
- by alekksander, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank You for badly needed continuation of previous XUL based extension. Are there plans to develop it a bit more? More configuration like how long to store and such will be greatly appreciated!
- by Dr. Cheap, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on has saved my a$$ so many times due to web form processing errors and the like. I am so glad it has been ported to WebExtensions!
I had a few issues with some of the early versions, but the developer was very quick to address them and now it works great.
- by sdschramm, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5The developer responded to my past review and said he made some changes in the latest update which should fix the issues, however it still doesn't seem to be working. I reached out to the developer directly and we are trying to figure it out. I will come back to update my review with the outcome.
- by Firefox user 10620720, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5The extension works generally fine. But it causes huge slowdown when you type your text into input fields (text areas). For this reason, it's almost unusable. See https://github.com/ettoolong/TextareaCache/issues/36 .
- by Firefox user 13329901, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Will only recall very last text field entry for all or any other fields in document or post. Too clumsy to use (if it worked at all), and lacking detailed instructions for loading and using. Toolbar icon never appears--despite developer claiming it will automatically. Uninstalled today. 0/5.Hello OldFox1946,
> Toolbar icon never appears
It is not show by default, you could turn it on in the options page.
And I am trying to make this add-on better, please tell me in what website you found there is problem in this add-on.
- by iycgtptyarvg iycgtptyarvg, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I really hope the developer can make this as good as the Lazarus add-on that I've used for years. I really relied on that add-on heavily, but it stopped working a while back.
TextArea really doesn't work all that well. I've been bitten so many times where no text was saved, I've grown a bit bitter over this add-on.
It happens very often, but where I notice it most is in Mantis bugtracker. We use this to keep track of bugs and such. Often I will type a bunch of text, then click Submit. But, if there is too much time between a comment/edit and submission, Mantis complains there is a time out and I should try again.
That's where Lazarus was able to recover my text, and TextArea isn't.
Also, I now tried it on this add-ons review page. And after navigating away from the page, TextArea did NOT remember what I typed (luckily I copy'n'pasted it to the clipboard).Hi iycgtptyarvg iycgtptyarvg,
Thank you for your comment.
And please tell me in what site you found this add-on doesn't work, so that I could reproduce problem and debug in that website. :)
- by joebt, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I know this is a tough time for Fx addon devs.
It will work OK on some text forms (say, some forum posts). When it works, it's easy to use. Needs more control over keeping or deleting entries.
But other sites, it may save only the 1st or last line typed. Other times, saves nothing - not even a blank entry.
At 1st, I thought it was uBlockO 1.14.4 interfering, but further testing ruled it out as the only problem. It was too inconsistent to show uBo was a problem or not.
I gave 2 stars because at least someone is trying to develop webext addons.thank you for your two star haha..
I was busy last several mouths, but now I have more time to improve this add-on. I sincerely invite you try this add-on again. If you found any website this add-on could not save the text you type, tell me, I will fix it as soon as possible!
Thanks again for your comment. :)