Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by Bob Who, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5FIRST real solution to the LAZARUS plug in incompatibility with NEW Version 59 Firefox (64bit) .
THE ONLY extension I am aware to recapture text that you have typed and LOST to some &^%*! web form!
THANK YOU FOR MAKING A COMPLIANT PLUG IN THAT WORKS!
- by Firefox user 13104204, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 51. I want to have sent version of forms separate from draft texts
2. Please add sync: https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/how-to-sync-add-on-data-between-desktop-and-android/2638/3
- by Firefox user 12544291, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5It doesn't save everything, even nonprotected fields . Also, it's hard to find the item in the list because they are often out of order. Third and maybe the most easy and quick fast improvement, the list is ordered backwards latest should be on top . Otherwise – I really appreciate your doing this for WE.
- by #98374, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Very important addon, a must to have. Downside is for me that most recent saved texts seems not to be placed on the top of the list, but i somehow have to always try to search in order to find it.
- by Firefox user 13697751, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Like many others, I found this by searching for a replacement for Lazarus (RIP). While it doesn't yet measure up to Lazarus, from what I can tell it's one of the only alternatives available. I can't for the life of me understand why there aren't more options for form saving since every single one of us has wished for it at one time or another.
I don't yet know whether Textarea Cache will save me when I need saving. I won't know that until I've accidentally closed the browser or lost a form, and need to recover my text. But it seems like a good start, and I'm happy there is at least one dev working on this.
Wildsky: you seem to be updating this often, and responding to comments/reviews as well, so I can only hope that you stick with this project and that it continues to improve. Cheers!
- by Art, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5It used to work very well and often proved hugely useful. However, it now saves text erratically which makes this formerly great add-on unreliable. The 'options' seem to have disappeared, so I can only specify exceptions but not e.g. how long the cached text should be preserved. Although I haven't found a comparable alternative, I'll have to uninstall it, if it doesn't get fixed. Shame.
- by John, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5(EDITED)
Maybe I was a little fast in that first review. The plug in didn't seem to work at that time, but today things look different. Maybe it wanted a restart of the browser? Maybe it needed me to start the 64bit version instead of the older(56) 32bit to work? Have no idea. But it works.
Great!This add-on should not require any browser restarting. But sometimes add-on installation is quite weird causing some strange problems, maybe it is a bug of Firefox I guess...
Anyway, you have it now. Just enjoy it! And feel free to report bugs or new feature to me!
- by alekksander, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank You for badly needed continuation of previous XUL based extension. Are there plans to develop it a bit more? More configuration like how long to store and such will be greatly appreciated!
- by Dr. Cheap, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on has saved my a$$ so many times due to web form processing errors and the like. I am so glad it has been ported to WebExtensions!
I had a few issues with some of the early versions, but the developer was very quick to address them and now it works great.
- by sdschramm, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5The developer responded to my past review and said he made some changes in the latest update which should fix the issues, however it still doesn't seem to be working. I reached out to the developer directly and we are trying to figure it out. I will come back to update my review with the outcome.