Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13329901, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Will only recall very last text field entry for all or any other fields in document or post. Too clumsy to use (if it worked at all), and lacking detailed instructions for loading and using. Toolbar icon never appears--despite developer claiming it will automatically. Uninstalled today. 0/5.Hello OldFox1946,
> Toolbar icon never appears
It is not show by default, you could turn it on in the options page.
And I am trying to make this add-on better, please tell me in what website you found there is problem in this add-on.
- by iycgtptyarvg iycgtptyarvg, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I really hope the developer can make this as good as the Lazarus add-on that I've used for years. I really relied on that add-on heavily, but it stopped working a while back.
TextArea really doesn't work all that well. I've been bitten so many times where no text was saved, I've grown a bit bitter over this add-on.
It happens very often, but where I notice it most is in Mantis bugtracker. We use this to keep track of bugs and such. Often I will type a bunch of text, then click Submit. But, if there is too much time between a comment/edit and submission, Mantis complains there is a time out and I should try again.
That's where Lazarus was able to recover my text, and TextArea isn't.
Also, I now tried it on this add-ons review page. And after navigating away from the page, TextArea did NOT remember what I typed (luckily I copy'n'pasted it to the clipboard).Hi iycgtptyarvg iycgtptyarvg,
Thank you for your comment.
And please tell me in what site you found this add-on doesn't work, so that I could reproduce problem and debug in that website. :)
- by joebt, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5I know this is a tough time for Fx addon devs.
It will work OK on some text forms (say, some forum posts). When it works, it's easy to use. Needs more control over keeping or deleting entries.
But other sites, it may save only the 1st or last line typed. Other times, saves nothing - not even a blank entry.
At 1st, I thought it was uBlockO 1.14.4 interfering, but further testing ruled it out as the only problem. It was too inconsistent to show uBo was a problem or not.
I gave 2 stars because at least someone is trying to develop webext addons.thank you for your two star haha..
I was busy last several mouths, but now I have more time to improve this add-on. I sincerely invite you try this add-on again. If you found any website this add-on could not save the text you type, tell me, I will fix it as soon as possible!
Thanks again for your comment. :)
- by 河马, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Thanks to make Textarea Cache for WE, but still not good enough.
It cannot save the inputted text in "groups.google.com", whereas Form History Control and the original Textarea Cache (not sure) can save it.
I know the text area of google groups is actually an iframe, not textarea tag, so if it's intentional, forget what I say.
However, I expected before that I can only use Textarea Cache Lite and remove the Form History Control, which I only use its "Editor History" feature, now I have to return to Form History Control until Textarea Cache Lite is solid enough.Hi 河马,
感謝你的評論，鑑於你留言的版號是在 2.3.0，而那是個很久以前的版本，最新版的 Textarea Cache 應該是可以在 google group 儲存資料了，能否麻煩你協助我確認一下呢？
順帶一提，之前沒辦法那麼頻繁地更新是因為我前段時間無法接觸網路，而且現在我回來了，所以這個套件會加速更新，以便盡速回到 solid enough 的程度。
- by Mark Mandel, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Your page here, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/textarea-cache/, links to your TAIWAN CHINESE PAGE for the lite version,
CHANGE THAT LINK to go to the English-language page, https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/textarea-cache-lite/
(I'm giving an average review, 3 stars, because I haven't tried the app, but this seemed the fastest and most helpful way to submit this page correction.)
- by Shalmirane, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Works for me as expected on 64bit FF54 @ 64bit Win10. Replaced unfunctional Lazarus with it.
I'm missing feature of automatic cache clearing, configurable if possible, about 24 hours if just on/off.
After some time, that cache gets really long.
Future developement beyond that? Inspire with Lazarus and choose what to port :)
- by RedDwarf, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Not working for me on Win 7 x64 SP1 with Firefox v54. I did have Text Area Cache installed but disabled but have removed that which has changed nothing. The toolbar button shows "There is no cache here!" when it is clicked. That is the same with this Mozilla extension edit box.The reason why it kept telling you 'there is no cache' even if you give some text to textarea is because addons.mozilla.org do not allow any add-on work in this page. You could try type something in textarea in other sites, if it keep telling you there's nothing, please give me the url, I will test it, and fix bugs for you (if there is any)!
- by gmon, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5I appreciate Wildsky trying to help, but this just does not work as a replacement for Lazarus, which captured everything I typed into any type of textbox, These are mostly site comment sections, which Lazarus always caught, and this does not. I still have it installed as it did catch text on a page I needed to reload, so I am hoping Wildsky can get it working for all sites.
- by MusicaRogue, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I downloaded this when Lazarus stopped being supported (May 2017), and so far it's been saving everything I type I would want it to, and lacks some of the blind spots and glitches in what it catches Lazarus had developed. It somehow recovered the block of text I lost to the void *before* I downloaded it that galvanized me to notice my old form saver wasn't working anymore and replace it. I...still have no idea how that was possible.
The interface seems pretty user-friendly so far. The date of forms saved is off by a month and I'm not sure how to fix that, but who cares? Lazarus didn't even conveniently show dates.
- by Hemiola SUN, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5你好，我是 Textarea Cache 的原作者。感謝你開發此 Lite 版。我現在工作很忙，沒有心思改寫為 WebExtension，有你的 Lite 版真是太好了。
我有一個小小的建議：按鍵做成 browserAction 應該會比 pageAction 好，使用者可以隨時叫出暫存區，看到完整的儲存內容，而不是只能讀取同網域或同網頁下儲存的內容。
很榮幸能替你實作 textarea cache 的 WebExtension 版本。也謝謝你的建議，或許可以麻煩你移駕到 GitHub 上，這樣我們比較能有更近一步的討論，下面提供連結：