- Rated 4 out of 5by mr. sparkle, 4 months agoThe main issue I have is it only caches the text when you hit a key. Anytime there's a keystroke it saves instantly. The option "interval to save text" does not work. So if you accidentally highlight the whole comment and hit a key it'll delete everything and then boom your cache will be empty. This has happened to me a few times. I'd much rather it save using a time interval to prevent this.
Addon hasn't been updated in over 3 years so that's likely why it has issues. Still, it's better to have this than not have anything.
- Rated 4 out of 5by reikred, 3 years agoWhen I click on the Textarea Cache addon icon, addon should immediately save the text area (if any) of the active tab. Why? Because the exact timing of saves has been unpredictable, and I have experienced that the TaC is not up to date when I needed it to be. That is, I lost some typed text by some misfortune. Otherwise a great addon.
- Rated 4 out of 5by #98374, 4 years agoVery important addon, a must to have. Downside is for me that most recent saved texts seems not to be placed on the top of the list, but i somehow have to always try to search in order to find it.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13697751, 5 years agoLike many others, I found this by searching for a replacement for Lazarus (RIP). While it doesn't yet measure up to Lazarus, from what I can tell it's one of the only alternatives available. I can't for the life of me understand why there aren't more options for form saving since every single one of us has wished for it at one time or another.
I don't yet know whether Textarea Cache will save me when I need saving. I won't know that until I've accidentally closed the browser or lost a form, and need to recover my text. But it seems like a good start, and I'm happy there is at least one dev working on this.
Wildsky: you seem to be updating this often, and responding to comments/reviews as well, so I can only hope that you stick with this project and that it continues to improve. Cheers!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Shalmirane, 5 years agoWorks for me as expected on 64bit FF54 @ 64bit Win10. Replaced unfunctional Lazarus with it.
I'm missing feature of automatic cache clearing, configurable if possible, about 24 hours if just on/off.
After some time, that cache gets really long.
Future developement beyond that? Inspire with Lazarus and choose what to port :)