- Rated 2 out of 5by Adam, 3 years agoIt only works on some pages, doesn't work on websites I use the most, so it's pretty useless for me.
If this get fixed I'll give it more stars, the idea is good, functionality bad.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13104204, 4 years ago1. I want to have sent version of forms separate from draft texts
2. Please add sync: https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/how-to-sync-add-on-data-between-desktop-and-android/2638/3
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 10620720, 5 years agoThe extension works generally fine. But it causes huge slowdown when you type your text into input fields (text areas). For this reason, it's almost unusable. See https://github.com/ettoolong/TextareaCache/issues/36 .
- Rated 2 out of 5by Sander Bouwhuis, 5 years agoI really hope the developer can make this as good as the Lazarus add-on that I've used for years. I really relied on that add-on heavily, but it stopped working a while back.
TextArea really doesn't work all that well. I've been bitten so many times where no text was saved, I've grown a bit bitter over this add-on.
It happens very often, but where I notice it most is in Mantis bugtracker. We use this to keep track of bugs and such. Often I will type a bunch of text, then click Submit. But, if there is too much time between a comment/edit and submission, Mantis complains there is a time out and I should try again.
That's where Lazarus was able to recover my text, and TextArea isn't.
Also, I now tried it on this add-ons review page. And after navigating away from the page, TextArea did NOT remember what I typed (luckily I copy'n'pasted it to the clipboard).Hi iycgtptyarvg iycgtptyarvg,
Thank you for your comment.
And please tell me in what site you found this add-on doesn't work, so that I could reproduce problem and debug in that website. :)
- Rated 2 out of 5by joebt, 5 years agoI know this is a tough time for Fx addon devs.
It will work OK on some text forms (say, some forum posts). When it works, it's easy to use. Needs more control over keeping or deleting entries.
But other sites, it may save only the 1st or last line typed. Other times, saves nothing - not even a blank entry.
At 1st, I thought it was uBlockO 1.14.4 interfering, but further testing ruled it out as the only problem. It was too inconsistent to show uBo was a problem or not.
I gave 2 stars because at least someone is trying to develop webext addons.thank you for your two star haha..
I was busy last several mouths, but now I have more time to improve this add-on. I sincerely invite you try this add-on again. If you found any website this add-on could not save the text you type, tell me, I will fix it as soon as possible!
Thanks again for your comment. :)
- Rated 2 out of 5by gmon, 5 years agoI appreciate Wildsky trying to help, but this just does not work as a replacement for Lazarus, which captured everything I typed into any type of textbox, These are mostly site comment sections, which Lazarus always caught, and this does not. I still have it installed as it did catch text on a page I needed to reload, so I am hoping Wildsky can get it working for all sites.