- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15476681, a month agoFrequent connection drops that force me to change servers. It says it's still connected but I can't open a single website unless I swap servers. Also occasionally it just logs me off and asks for credentials or I get pop up window to provide those when it attempts to connect to VPN server. I can't just log out and stay logged out, because after restarting the browser it logs me back in. I had to reinstall the addon to temporarily solve some of those issues. Can't depend on it because of the frequency of the issues and how long it takes to resolve those.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 18079445, 2 months agol'addon à cesser de fonctionner depuis plus de 1 mois, j'ai attendu que le bug soit corriger mais vus que pia ce bouger pas j'ai finalement contacter le support, et comme d'hab il te sorte les mêmes réponse, changer de server, deconnecté reconnecter vous, d'installer re installer l'addon etc mais comme le soucis viens de leurs addon forcément ces solution son bidon, au final il on cloturé mon ticket = ) des que mon abonnement et fini je me casse voir ailleurs, après 10+ ans chez eux, le temps et venu d'aller voir ailleurs.
- Rated 1 out of 5by planetm, 2 months agoGetting the same errors as @Cynitec below.
This add-on needs to be updated, big time!
The last update was (as of today) 7 months ago, so I think this is the problem.
I may have to cancel this if they can't get a newer version released.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Cynitec, 3 months agoAlmost useless. I regularly have to switch server because the connection just stops working, and now I'm getting the error "The proxy moz-proxy://https-us-washingtondc.privateinternetaccess.com:80 is requesting a username and password. The site says: “Private Internet Access”"
I'll be switching VPN providers when my subscription ends
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13315613, 5 months agoI have been using Private Internet Access for 4 months and have their add-on/extension installed in Firefox, Chrome and Vivaldi on multiple desktops, laptops and virtual machines (Linux and Windows). Not sure what issues other users, who complain and give 1 star, have in their specific environments, but for me the PIA VPN service always was and continues to be reliable, and all their add-ons work flawlessly. Sometimes, when not using the browser for a while, the connection may drop. Not a big thing - just disconnect and reconnect again. Very happy with PIA so far and would recommend. 5 stars from me!
- Rated 5 out of 5by TheProfosist, 9 months agoThe version currently uploaded here is SUPER out of date which is why it cant connect and just errors out. I do not know why it doesn't have the newer versions it once did. As of 2023.03.01 Chrome has version 3.2.0 as of this version the server list changed. If you still have the Firefox 3.2.0 version in a profile on any of your devices you can pull it from the AppData profile extensions folder.
- Rated 1 out of 5by David B., 9 months agoThe Firefox extension for Private Internet Access seems to not work for some reason...this started a couple of weeks ago so I just deleted it today...I'm tired of messing with it.