- by Firefox user 9978782, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5I'm pretty happy with PIA but the addon doesn't work after Firefox 83 update. I don't want to roll back. Please fix the issues.
PIA doesn't connect to servers now. Latency is constantly refreshing.
PIA works in Brave though.
Please fix ASAP.
- by Firefox user 15655425, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Update: The extension is now working properly with Firefox. I changed the star rating appropriately.
I am a frequent and long-time user of PIA. It works well with native clients on all platforms and with the Chrome Extension. However, even with help from PIA Customer Support, I never got it running on Firefox. I tried many computers, many versions, fresh installed copies of everything, but it always hung during connect.
PIA works fine, just not yet on Firefox.
- by Firefox user 15625110, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Still busted, get it together PIA
EDIT: mostly fixed, still a bit flaky on status in tooltip (doesn't match actual status, which you have to click on the icon to get)
- by Tambukey, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5To all who find the app stopped working, you have to fully remove it from Firefox then reinstall. I was able to get it to work. You will know it is working by either going to their main website or if your subscription renewal date is correct.
- by Firefox user 14416326, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5So it works, I used it to change my country to the USA for my web-browser because I'm always connected to PIA through the desktop program but some sites don't work for non-US sites. When I disconnect from PIA on my web-browser instead of my IP being the same as what my computer is connected to I get a random one for my browser, like the Netherlands, England, France, ect. Kinda odd that instead of my browser just using the IP that my computer is on it connects me to a random server. Always in Europe also. I need to restart my browser to have it use the IP I'm getting through the desktop app. I'm only taking one star off because I'm still connected to a VPN and it is really nice switching it to a US VPN when I need it. I wish I could have certain tabs connected to a VPN while the other default to what my computer is using but this is nice as it is.