- by JE, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Half the time this extension does not work, sometimes it says its connected but wont open any website, keeps saying proxy refusing connection. And at time says clock is set to wrong time, etc. The Desktop App work well and connects without any issues, for this add-on to work, it has to be your lucky day.
- by Firefox user 17080879, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5Private Internet Access is now owned by Kape Technologies (formerly Crossrider), a former malware and adware distributor. They have also purchased ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, Zenmate and many VPN "Review" websites which have artificial ratings to mislead you into purchasing their products.
- by Shadax, 10 months agoRated 1 out of 5great extension, easy to use. But currently has a bug where my zoom level of different pages is constantly being reset, therefore I simply can't use this extension until this is fixed.
- by ff_extension_reviewer, 10 months agoRated 1 out of 5Does not work in FireFox. 9 in 10 times it does not connect, the remaining 1 in 10 times it only shows the Indian server (which is across the globe and causes major latency spikes). PIA is aware of these issues and have been "working on it" for years according to research on Google. I would rate this 0 stars if I could because an average of 3.5 is far more than it deserves.
- by peegies, a year agoRated 1 out of 5States last updated 7 months ago but today whenever I load the plugin, I get a certificate error on every single webpage. Is not a VPN issue because other VPN plugins work. Is not a PIA VPN issue because the application works. But I want the plugin on browser so that I can simultaneously browse under different IP and use my computer without VPN lag
- by Firefox user 14240272, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Just don't work correct, often skip connection, without "mace" (thier technology) ask login/pass. Definetly I will make a refund and try to find another service.
- by nihir, a year agoRated 1 out of 5This is broken. It constantly asks you to login while using it. I have had this problem for months and it hasn't been fixed. Considering how many people have the same issue, it's a little hard to grasp why it hasn't been solved yet.
- by Terravine, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5This addon has had issues for months now. Finally fed up with it not working, I decided to clear out everything in firefox - Including cookies, cache, the works. Full wipe and reinstall.
The addon began working again. It connects, stays connected, and everything seems great. The PIA website says you're protected.
Unfortunately, you're not. Checking ipleak, the addon - while now functional - is leaking residential DNS all over the place. No matter what server or settings applied, it will leak your local DNS.
I'm tired of using the Windows app since it interferes with a lot of the games I play. I just want the firefox addon to work before I'm forced to move to Mullvad.
Current status: Leaky DNS.
This problem, as always, does not affect Chromium based browsers such as Brave.
- by Firefox user 15658891, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5The problem with this company, like a lot of VPN companies, is that they try to be too smart and wind up breaking functionality and losing settings on apps. This app is no exception.
It was working just fine, why break it? I'll probably unsubscribe soon.