- by Sirius Son, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5PIA is thee best as far as a VPN goes. I trust them and have used them for a few years now. Definitely worth it, price is good as well. Check them out if you have not.
- by Terravine, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5This addon has had issues for months now. Finally fed up with it not working, I decided to clear out everything in firefox - Including cookies, cache, the works. Full wipe and reinstall.
The addon began working again. It connects, stays connected, and everything seems great. The PIA website says you're protected.
Unfortunately, you're not. Checking ipleak, the addon - while now functional - is leaking residential DNS all over the place. No matter what server or settings applied, it will leak your local DNS.
I'm tired of using the Windows app since it interferes with a lot of the games I play. I just want the firefox addon to work before I'm forced to move to Mullvad.
Current status: Leaky DNS.
This problem, as always, does not affect Chromium based browsers such as Brave.
- by swimceo, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I'm pretty confused as to why the ratings are so bad, honestly. That's because I didn't even get the vpn for the right reasons. Not for anything bad, but I just didn't actually need one, but since I paid for it and waited too long for the refund, I'm glad, cause now I use it on every device I have, and use it for marketing to view search results from other locations. I've never had one problem. I used to have problems with connection or even using apps like filezilla or networking problems all the time with other vpns.
- by Firefox user 15658891, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5The problem with this company, like a lot of VPN companies, is that they try to be too smart and wind up breaking functionality and losing settings on apps. This app is no exception.
It was working just fine, why break it? I'll probably unsubscribe soon.
- by Firefox user 15655425, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Update: The extension is now working properly with Firefox. I changed the star rating appropriately.
I am a frequent and long-time user of PIA. It works well with native clients on all platforms and with the Chrome Extension. However, even with help from PIA Customer Support, I never got it running on Firefox. I tried many computers, many versions, fresh installed copies of everything, but it always hung during connect.
PIA works fine, just not yet on Firefox.
- by Firefox user 13543470, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5As it stands 04/04/2019 its broken with Firefox, disconnects randomly, doesn’t auto connect on Firefox reboot or start and shows enabled but doesn’t connect clicking the addon shows this.
- by Firefox user 14800008, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Using containers makes the previous window go to an error screen, so I have to navigate back each time I open a link which opens a page in a container.
- by eli, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Literally does not work. It says "Connected" but it is not. When I try to turn it off or change servers, it hangs on "Disconnecting" and never actually disconnects, eventually returning to the false "Connected" state.
- by Firefox user 15625110, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Still busted, get it together PIA
EDIT: mostly fixed, still a bit flaky on status in tooltip (doesn't match actual status, which you have to click on the icon to get)
- by Лёха, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5НЕ РАБОТАЕТ ЭТА XYNHЯ!!!! НЕ устанавливайте и не пользуйтесь! Постоянно запрашивает логин и пароль! ЗБЛО его вводить каждый 15 минут!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111
- by FTBoomer, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Saw all the reviews about this not working but I just dL'd it and it's working great and is so much faster than the standalone app. After turning it on and checking via WhatsMyIP, the site shows me at the location for the server I chose and so does the map.
- by Dan Atkinson, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Broken. DO NOT USE!
Reports being connected on Firefox 72 running on the extension version 22.214.171.124 when it isn't.
Whitelists don't appear to be working correctly either. After re-installing the extension, there appears to be no way of importing them back in as the import screen doesn't work.
Edit: PIA have since updated the extension to 126.96.36.199 but there are still serious problems. Netflix no longer works, and neither do sites such as BBC News. The bypass mechanism doesn't do anything to resolve these issues, so it feels very much like two steps forward but one step back.
- by Firefox user 13349844, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5DO NOT USE THIS ADD-ON!!!
It says its connected, but its not. it still shows a green light for being connected WHEN it should be RED.
Its not safe to use, it will expose your real IP.
Again DO NOT USE THIS ADD-ON!!!
- by Firefox user 14480598, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Working again but randomly disconnects without showing it disconnected, kinda defeats the purpose. I'll be switching VPN providers as I no longer trust PIA.
- by Lucid0X, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5It hasn't worked for over a month now, but it works fine on Chromium browsers. Unfortunately, Firefox is my main and preferred browser. I blame PIA frankly. I will be switching providers as soon as my term is up. This addon is a massive security risk, it has appeared to be connected many times when it was in-fact not working. Either support your products or shelve them. At any rate I can't trust this company anymore and I'm finished with them.