- by Firefox user 16843663, 17 days agoRated 3 out of 5It seems that installing this plugin (not enabling VPN connection) is enough to break some websites login functionality. For example "Bad Request, The referrer header is missing." would be produced on https://accounts.fedoraproject.org/ while trying to login (reminder VPN connection itself is not enabled). Disabling the plugin resolves problem.
- by Firefox user 16542384, 19 days agoRated 3 out of 5Like others, the last month with the PIA extension has been problematic. However, for me at least, using version 2.4.3 is working without obvious errors.
- by CoolCool, 6 months agoRated 3 out of 5The Firefox addon from PIA is BROKEN!!!
It has been working perfectly for several years but in the last 2 months or so, there is nothing but PROBLEMS. Whenever I start Firefox, the Addon goes into CALCULATING LATENCY... and take 6-7 minutes EVERY TIME! It's completely UNUSABLE.
Spoke with PIA and there suggestion was to (1) use the full OS PIA application (2) Use Chrome, it MIGHT work better there.
Not exactly a professional response to problem with their software.
I will be looking at other VPN providers. Suggestions would be welcome esp. from ex-PIA users!
- by Firefox user, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5It's an OK, add-on. It has some basic flaws that prevent me from wanting to use it. Whenever you setup a bypass rules in the settings for a certain site, you need to restart the browser before it takes affect. Also, it seems to get different servers than the desktop version of the app. Sometimes with different speeds. Also the app forces you to choose custom "content blocking" within Firefox's settings; rather than allowing you to choose something else.
If the devs can make it quicker to adjust to bypass rules in the settings, I would definitely be willing to change the review.
- by Firefox user 15172201, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5It works fine but the bypass rules are not working well. The only reason I opted to try this addon is because it offers per domain bypass that the VPN apps don't allow. Problem is Amazon still think I'm behind a vpn even when on the bypass list and I can't watch Prime video. I've tried everything but still can't watch Prime video without turning off the VPN manually, which defeats the purpose of this add-on frankly.
- by Firefox user 14500871, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5I use pfSense with PIA, so I'm already running though the PIA VPN. How do I use this add-on w/o duplicating the VPN connection? I just want to use the added services, not the VPN itself. Is that possible?? Without that ability, it's wortheless. I'll find other add-ons to provide the same functions.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHello e49d59,
We are currently working a new feature that will allow you to use the extra settings on our extension without needing to connect to the VPN server. This feature will be available early in the upcoming year. Until then, connecting to the same proxy server on the extension as your pfSense is connected to, should allow you to use the extension settings with minimal to no performance degradation. If you feel that this answer was worthy, please consider increasing the number of stars on your review of our extension.
- PIA Extension Team
- by Firefox user 13467805, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Good, but keeps forgetting my password every few days and I can't access twitter with the proxy on, for some reason. I prefer the Linux client.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHello 0ad8c2,
We're here to help you stay connected when using PIA with Firefox. In our latest update 1.2.0 we have "Fixed a bug where credentials were being cleared when the popup was closed in a Private Window". If still having any issues with staying logged in we would be happy to help you out. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org using Attn: SMR in the subject.
- CS Team
- by Firefox user 14134599, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Nice to see the extension come to firefox. However, login data fails to persist between browser restarts where "privacy.clearOnShutdown.history=true". Unlike chrome version -- this necessitates re-entering username & password on every restart.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoUsing the latest version of FireFox with PIA you shouldn't see any issues staying logged into our VPN. If you continue to experience issues, please open a ticket with us at: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/new-ticket and we'll be happy to help you with staying logged into our FireFox browser extension.