- Rated 1 out of 5by planetm, 5 days agoGetting the same errors as @Cynitec below.
This add-on needs to be updated, big time!
The last update was (as of today) 7 months ago, so I think this is the problem.
I may have to cancel this if they can't get a newer version released.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Cynitec, 10 days agoAlmost useless. I regularly have to switch server because the connection just stops working, and now I'm getting the error "The proxy moz-proxy://https-us-washingtondc.privateinternetaccess.com:80 is requesting a username and password. The site says: “Private Internet Access”"
I'll be switching VPN providers when my subscription ends
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13315613, 3 months agoI have been using Private Internet Access for 4 months and have their add-on/extension installed in Firefox, Chrome and Vivaldi on multiple desktops, laptops and virtual machines (Linux and Windows). Not sure what issues other users, who complain and give 1 star, have in their specific environments, but for me the PIA VPN service always was and continues to be reliable, and all their add-ons work flawlessly. Sometimes, when not using the browser for a while, the connection may drop. Not a big thing - just disconnect and reconnect again. Very happy with PIA so far and would recommend. 5 stars from me!
- Rated 5 out of 5by TheProfosist, 7 months agoThe version currently uploaded here is SUPER out of date which is why it cant connect and just errors out. I do not know why it doesn't have the newer versions it once did. As of 2023.03.01 Chrome has version 3.2.0 as of this version the server list changed. If you still have the Firefox 3.2.0 version in a profile on any of your devices you can pull it from the AppData profile extensions folder.
- Rated 1 out of 5by David B., 7 months agoThe Firefox extension for Private Internet Access seems to not work for some reason...this started a couple of weeks ago so I just deleted it today...I'm tired of messing with it.
- Rated 1 out of 5by dxh, 8 months agoLast updated: 3 years ago (Feb 10, 2020)
Tells you all you need to know. They have not updated this extension and I don't even think it has a current list of servers to connect too because it is totally broken and won't even start.
- Rated 4 out of 5by omelette, 8 months agoDon't know why there are so many negative reviews here. My PIA connection is neither 'broken' or unusable. My biggest gripe is the regularity of a proxy going offline while downloading, and I'll have to switch to another - irritating, but not a deal-breaker. And the reason it only gets 4-stars.