Rated 3 out of 5
3 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13454668, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I used to love this addon but no longer. It does not matter which browser or version is used. It doesn't work. The only version that worked was 56.1 but it's gone, why ??? It doesn't save any settings at all. And why are you NEVER responding to meil or even here ??
PEOPLE! TRY THIS! IT REALLY WORKS!
From User 7d96d8
For Firefox 56 users
Download No Squint Plus version 50.0 from here
You have to choose 'Download anyway'
This will download an xpi file (nosquint_plus-50.0-fx.xpi).
Save it anywhere you want on your PC (easiest is just the desktop)
Now drag and drop this xpi file onto your Firefox shortcut on your PC desktop (even if you have Firefox running).
You will now be prompted to install the Add On
And there you go. A working No Squint Plus for Firefox 56
PS; Set updates to 'Off'
THANK YOU User "7d96d8"
I HAVE ANOTHER SOLUTION!! Install FEBE here! This backs up all your data including all settings in your addons !!
- by GaryOB, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5FF56, Linux. The zoom functions don't work any differently than native zoom. Don't know about the other features, I don't use them. I used the old NoSqint for years, loved it, but, unfortunately FF made changes that broke it. I will have to try some others.
- by Firefox user 10970356, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5After several updates that did not provide Text Zoom on every page, in the most recent version, 62.1, Text Zoom does seem to be working, at least for me. I am still seeing some weird behavior, such as screens getting larger when the slider goes down (in full zoom). I'm seeing this especially on http://worldofsolitaire.com/. But okay, there's been improvement. And thanks for decreasing the size of that hideous NS+ icon; much less an eyesore now.
Firefox 57 will apparently include a native zoom function. Will it eliminate the need for NS+? Or will NS+ perform better? We'll see in a matter of days.
- by Firefox user 13429237, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Since FF 56, notification of the successful installation of Nosquint always appears when I start FF. On all my computers. Very annoying.
In the settings of FF I have "blank page" How can I change this?
- by Firefox user 5979547, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This addon's settings interface always looked like the kind of interface only shady people know how to make. The behavior of the developer in the last few months has only confirmed that appearances oftentimes don't deceive. I mean, deleting a version from the version history??? I didn't even know that Mozilla allowed that bs and I am going to report this addon. Good riddance.
- by Firefox user 13422010, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This addon used to be great. Since the latest updates the VERY VERY annoying new tab opens up. Since that happened I continued to use 56.1 because it worked great and did NOT have that sketchy behavior. Now 56.1 has mysteriously vanished from the version history. Does anyone know if it's possible for a door to be opened for malware with this behavior. Deleted entirely for now. Awful experience.
- by TwoDogsFighting, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Refuses to save any zoom settings. Stupidly clicked on update button before i realised what i was doing and the only version that actually works, 56.1, has been removed from version history, so i cant reinstall it.
- by humbert, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Every time I open Firefox, this addon opens its welcome page in a new tab. I'm on FF 57b014 and I use private browsing. Happens on all my computers, including Linux virtual machines. How do you stop this irritating behavior?
If it weren't for this niusance I'd give it 5 stars
- by nakivagyok, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5At he latest version of 57.0b14 (64 bit) if I will change the Text an background, then that site will no longer work with NoSquint Plus 62.0 ( NoSquint Plus 62.0 delete ==> after reinstallation, Firefox cache and profile storage I cleared).
- by Pir8pete, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Ever since versions 60.0+ this has not worked correctly;
-Pages sometimes need a reload to activate the zoom level.
-When updating to 60.0+ versions it wipes all per site settings. (FF Version 51.0.1)
-Remove that time bomb you have built-in, so if we like a version and a version of FF we can stay at these levels w/o being forced.
-Where is version 56.1 this was the last known properly working version. Why was it removed?
-I'm going to revers engineer to remove the time bomb
- by Firefox user 13367696, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5NS+ still does not work. I notice that when I open the NS+settings via the FF add-on page, there are references to Chrome, not FF. Perhaps the wrong file was uploaded to the FF add-on site?
- by Firefox user 5682551, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Because the settings for each site disappear immediately (in Firefox version 55.0.3), I can't use this addon. It does not work after multiple deletes and reinstallations. So sorry. ;(
- by Jazzbutcher, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Always opens with the donation page or a new tab. Honestly, Firefox has become a really crappy browser. I'm switching over to Opera... it takes a whole lot less time to load pages and it doesn't freeze up like FF does. But the whole startup on the donation page is really awful. Are you trying to FORCE people to donate (in order to remove your solicitation from the browser?). Sure seems that way.
- by displayname9000, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I understand there may be problems updating the add-on to be compatible with the forthcoming Firefox 57. Hopefully you can get it sorted. If not, then at least you tried! :)