Rated 3 out of 5
3 Stars out of 5
- by jake1111, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Here we go again! This guy keeps writing "expiration dates" into his extensions! If an older one works, LEAVE IT BE! You just keep making things worse every time. Mozilla should really have better controls over extensions as to the author constantly screwing them up. How about it being fixed and working properly? Version 50 was great, showing the zoom settings at the top of the screen, instead of the new "lousy" way of showing it at the right in the address bar. I'd be willing to donate to have a version without an "expiration date" if I could!
ALSO, quit deleting the reviews that "you don't like"! I know this has been going on for a very long time! Let folks see the real picture, and not what you "want them to see". Again, Mozilla should have more control over these issues!
- by Fixxxer®, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This crap cannot remember per site settings at Firefox ESR 52.5.3 x64 - global settings.
That's why zoom level is completely disaster and you should change it every time when opening the site.
Do not install it.
- by rfc, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5After some fighting I got it working with FF 56 and using version 62.1 => it always needs to be open in a tab to work correctly.
Does this sound stupid? Yes, it does even to me. But after some testing I got it finally correctly working by always having the extensions preference dialog open in a (pinned) tab in the background.
From that moment on it seems to work fine so far ...
- by Firefox user 13691947, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Wenn es funktioniert verdient es alle Sterne, aber nur dann. Wie weiß man, ob man zu den Glücklichen zählt? Öffne ich 3 Seiten mit dem richtigen Maßstab dann ja= 5 Sterne. Warum: Hab es schon gehabt, daß die 1. Seite im richtigen Maßstab dargestellt wurde, die übrigen aber nicht mehr . Reagiert das Einstellfenster weder auf Speichern noch auf Abbruch, dann nicht = 0 Sterne. Und wenn es funktioniert, dann bloß die Updatefunktion abschalten, sonst besteht die Gefahr, das es nach dem Update nicht mehr geht. Merke: Never touch a running system!
- by Firefox user 13648636, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I give up NoSquint Plus. It did not work well for Firefox 57. I found Zoom Page WE working fine for me. You can set zoom page and text levels based on site or tab. I am so happy with Zoom Page WE......
- by Firefox user 13537677, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5This Works For Firefox 56 users
(Thanks to user ae8425, for keeping my solution alive)
Download No Squint Plus version 50.0 from here
You have to choose 'Download anyway'
This will download an xpi file (nosquint_plus-50.0-fx.xpi).
Save it anywhere you want on your PC (easiest is just the desktop)
Now drag and drop this xpi file onto your Firefox shortcut on your PC desktop (even if you have Firefox running).
You will now be prompted to install the Add On
And there you go. A working No Squint Plus for Firefox 56
PS; Set updates to 'Off'
For some reason i cant find my original review, as i posted this before, so i post this again.
So here you go, this works flawless if your willing to stay on FF 56
- by Firefox user 13612465, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Shame, with my old eyes and a 27 inch monitor, I need this. I thought when it went to NS Plus it was something Firefox acquired or was backing more than other add-ons. I will not upgrade to 57 unless this is working, period.
- by Carequinha, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5All versions after 56.1 don't work. I tried them on a new installation of Firefox, with a new profile. It's the only addon that's impeding me from upgrading to Firefox 57+. Any plans to fix it? With version 56.1 I rated it 5 stars, but sadly now I rate it 0. Anybody knows of another similar addon that works in ff57+ ?
- by Broken-By-mOzIlLa, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I've always liked nosquint, but in the last few versions before the awful 57 and now with the change to a 57+ version, it's very hit or miss. Sometimes settings per individual sites work, sometimes they don't, sometimes the interface comes up off of the menubar button and allows changing settings, but does not accept the settings -- clicking the save or the close buttons do not work and the browser must be rebooted. This behavior seems new to Firefox v.57, which brings a host of broken parts, blechh. It was not broken, now it is, good work.
- by Firefox user 13555970, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5this addon does not work anymore. i loved the visited, unvisited text color highlight. anyone know of a similar addon that does the same? please fix this addon for the new Firefox versions!
- by Firefox user 12249740, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5It simply does not work anymore, even before FF 57: I have set the default to 80%, new sites always show up at 100% and sometimes even 120%, never 80%. And in any case, when FF is rebooted, everything has to be done again.
How come that such an extension, which is pushed by Mozilla itself (how come the function is not a FF built-in one?) has become that erratic in the past weeks?
What are the alternative tools?