- Rated 5 out of 5es la mejor app para firefox. la uso desde hace años y siempre ha funcionado perfecto.
- Rated 5 out of 5If you've been using older versions of NoSquint Plus and can't get 62.1 to work it's because you haven't followed the developers instructions. Note where the developer says your Firefox profile may be corrupt and to try creating a new profile and installing the add-on. When I did this magically NSP started working like a charm.
You can create a new profile from the about:profiles page which will also show you where your old profiles are. The following support article will tell you how to copy your bookmarks, site preferences, logins/passwords etc. from your old profile.
You can then copy over your extensions (I recommend you do it one-by-one) from the extensions and browser-extension-data folders from your old profile. Better yet add/re-install one-by-one as this is a good time to review which add-ons you actually use. You have to reapply your add-on settings and tweaks to about:config but this will reveal any conflicts that cause NSP 60+ not to work properly. All the browser.link.open_newwindow settings should be set to default in order for the global settings tab to open.
You could try just backing up and deleting or renaming the prefs.js file in your old profile. This is probably where the corruption resides. My prefs.js went from 256K to 22K between my old and new profiles. Copying my old prefs.js to the new profile caused NSP to break.
Other potential conflicts - themes or skins, the native Firefox zoom control (remove it from your toolbar if you added it), other extensions (that's why you should add them one-by-one). TabsMixPlus conflicts on pre-Firefox 57 but since there is no Webextension version yet that is not a problem for now,
The only major issues I find with v62.1 is if you click "save" settings for a site the options panel will lock up for that site only. Close all tabs for that site or restart the browser and the panel will unlock. the lack of zoom controls on the toolbar (probably due to the Toolbar API not available yet) and the zoom level indicator in the address box shows only full (text and images) zoom.
Otherwise this is an essential add-on tthat works as advertised - if you follow the instructions.
- Rated 1 out of 5I'm not a computer guy so I don't really get what it's all about, which is hardly surprising, if there's one thing missing in I.T. it's information. Knowledge is always assumed, where you're meant to acquire it from, however, is all part of the mystery!?
Like this add-on, No Squint Plus, for example, it's gone from doing what it was supposed to do, which such is the overall standard within this field, is greeted as a major accomplishment in itself - it does the job you got it to do, "Bravo!!!" "5 stars!!!" Rave reviews on the strength of the fact that it works.
Anyway, NSP certainly doesn't work any more, it's as though we've gone back in time, to a less advanced age, what is it with updates?? The only thing that progresses in a forward direction is the date, update to a downgrade, I dread updates, it's always the same, chaos, nothing works, everything's suddenly broken, time I get things ironed out, you guessed it, it's time for another bloody update!!!!
I'm aware that people like me, who just whinge, achieve absolutely nothing + offer no solutions, but if people can knock out stuff like NSP, or rubbish, I don't think it unreasonable to label it, then I've got to be allowed to moan about it. If these people did their bit as well as I do mine, we'd all be far better off. If you need a benchmark, then look no further, the bar's set pretty damn high so aspire to it! There are some folk out there that need to raise their game, I've noticed that p.c. people don't take criticism at all well. If your work is good enough behaving like some kind of diva will fly, if it's not it won't. If the criticism is unjustified, which if I've got anything to do with it that won't be the case, which is why when I get denials, or insults, or whatever it might be? Some of the problem is right there in the attitude, usually, there is no response at all, which again is a really bad sign, if you can't get it together to send a pre-packaged "Thank you so much.....I deleted + trashed it.....Yours truly," then something's wrong, + that will be you yourself.
There's a lot i don't like about p.c. land, stuff not working, though, that's not opinion, that's fundamental, if that's wrong you deserve all you get............
June 2019: Still doesn't work........
- Rated 1 out of 5It has a very promising description, but an extremely deceiving experience. This extension should be removed if Mozilla Addons repository had a stricter QA. Does anyone know any alternative? By reading the comments, I suppose the author no cares at all and probably get revenues by some shady scripting or whatever.
- Rated 1 out of 5Broken.
- Rated 1 out of 5used to work. Now, not so much
- Rated 3 out of 5Global and a few individual sites' settings can be edited in about:support for NS 62.1 under FF 57.
- Rated 1 out of 5its with a heavy heart , that its time to go our separate ways away from nosquint, and go back to zoom page
as the author of this addon has no intest in updating this addon or giving any update or response to numerous emails
i dont think the author even reads these comments ,so therefore doesnt give a monkeys apart his users, shame on them!
goodbye and good riddance
- Rated 2 out of 5Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Right now, it doesn't. Very unreliable. Buggy.
- Rated 5 out of 5for those who are still using firefox 56 or below, use nosquint plus 50.0.0, it's still working at that version
- Rated 1 out of 5Worked really well until the last few updates. Completely stopped working and can no longer be rolled back to a working version (v56.1, the last working version, has been removed from the version history and earlier versions are incompatible with Firefox now).
- Rated 5 out of 5Très simple à utiliser et contrairement aux autres, cette application est parmi les rares à proposer le zoom par défaut de toutes les pages firefox...
- Rated 1 out of 5Updated for Quantum, still broken. What a surprise.
- Rated 2 out of 5In the Quantum version, it tends to "forget" the settings from use to use.
- Rated 2 out of 5Not working in FF 57. Had to switch to Zoom Page WE.
- Rated 1 out of 5Doesn't work with FireFox Quantum 57
- Rated 1 out of 5Doesn't work with FireFox Quantum 57 (64-bit)!!!!
- Rated 5 out of 5GOOD
- Rated 2 out of 5This used to be the most important AddOn in Firefox for me. Does not work anymore with Firefox 57. Please fix this!
- Rated 1 out of 5I used to love this addon but no longer. It does not matter which browser or version is used. It doesn't work. The only version that worked was 56.1 but it's gone, why ??? It doesn't save any settings at all. And why are you NEVER responding to meil or even here ??
PEOPLE! TRY THIS! IT REALLY WORKS!
From User 7d96d8
For Firefox 56 users
Download No Squint Plus version 50.0 from here
You have to choose 'Download anyway'
This will download an xpi file (nosquint_plus-50.0-fx.xpi).
Save it anywhere you want on your PC (easiest is just the desktop)
Now drag and drop this xpi file onto your Firefox shortcut on your PC desktop (even if you have Firefox running).
You will now be prompted to install the Add On
And there you go. A working No Squint Plus for Firefox 56
PS; Set updates to 'Off'
THANK YOU User "7d96d8"
I HAVE ANOTHER SOLUTION!! Install FEBE here! This backs up all your data including all settings in your addons !!
- Rated 2 out of 5FF56, Linux. The zoom functions don't work any differently than native zoom. Don't know about the other features, I don't use them. I used the old NoSqint for years, loved it, but, unfortunately FF made changes that broke it. I will have to try some others.