- Rated 5 out of 5by S. Ball, 4 years agoLet me put it this way...I would hate being without New Tab Tools! I've made it my home page and new tab page for Firefox on my Macbook Pro. I have a black wood background behind the tabs, which makes the whole page look really nice and is easy on the eyes. I chose a dark background for late night use, but now I use the Flux filter on my Mac to adjust the light temperature according to time of day. I just now thought of that! I'm gonna go change my backround right now. lol Anyway, the tabs look great with any background that works for you, whether picture or solid color. It is all totally customizable, from number of rows/columns, margin/grid size, title text and size, option to pin just what you tell it to or check a box to have it automatically pin visited or recently closed pages, and lock pins to keep them from being moved around or lock page to keep everything the same.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Poohs, 4 years agoStill loving this extension BUT although I dont have the "link-click" problem in previous comment, this version does corrupt my start-up page.
My short cut for Firefox includes the URL for my google calandar so when it starts it goes straight to it. With this version of your extension, Firefox starts and you can see the correct URL in the address bar momentarily, but then your extension over-writes it and you get the New Tabs page.
Hardly life changing - I just hit the home button which is also set to my google calandar URL - but proof positive that "you fix one problem, and create another" !
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13566264, 4 years agoWith the newest update of New Tab Tools, any time I click on an external link to open the browser, the New Tab Tools page opens instead, and I have to leave that open before I can again click on the external link to open a new page in the browser which actually does go to the link. I assume I am not the only person with this problem and that it will be fixed
- Rated 5 out of 5by bernardrougier, 4 years agoUn add-on incroyable qui nécessite un peu de travail pour l'avoir également comme page d'accueil (semble être une limitation de firefox), mais c'est un excellent remplacement pour la page d'accueil et les nouveaux onglets.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14132289, 4 years agoThe one thing about this add on which is CRAP is possibly me. I have no idea how to add a new tile with the URL that I want. IF I knew the way to do this THEN I would be so much happier. The add on itself is actually pretty good once you somehow, gawd knows how, manage to get a tile to link to a URL.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14134031, 4 years agoInstalled it (FF 61), it won't start. It tells me to check the config for a DB setting which is true as required and enable cookies (they were). Restarted firefox, it still won't run. Uninstalled this apparently pointless and broken extension.
- Rated 4 out of 5by tipar, 4 years agoIn general is OK but things could be improved as for example; why the hell if I stop visiting a web—or I just do it sometimes—it does appear before others that I do visit a lot as in "daily basis". That is why I do not give the five but the rest is pretty awesome. A simple ad-don for a simple thing. You can customize everything and from a couple of month you can even make a backup copy of your settings. I will be using this forever.