- by tipar, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5In general is OK but things could be improved as for example; why the hell if I stop visiting a web—or I just do it sometimes—it does appear before others that I do visit a lot as in "daily basis". That is why I do not give the five but the rest is pretty awesome. A simple ad-don for a simple thing. You can customize everything and from a couple of month you can even make a backup copy of your settings. I will be using this forever.
- by musichem, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Found this after FF 60 broke the about:config trick to restore the old new tab page. Thanks! All my tiles show up as blank white placeholders. How can I get this extension to automatically put thumbnails there? Creating them manually is possible but not ideal.
- by Firefox user 13108554, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks for this great addon. Saved me from using the new Firefox layout, which is constantly being forced to me. It seems in FF60 I can no longer restore old layout by using about:config.
- by Firefox user 14020843, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5This extension enabled me to get my big tiles back after the update to Firefox 60 botched them.
I like that I can just select to view 3 rows @ 4 columns.
After I replaced the tile previews with small jpg's I created from a screenshot the new tab page loads A LOT faster - it should not be necessary to do this yourself.
But after all that effort I wanted to backup my "new tab" configuration: unfortunately Firefox ALWAYS hangs.
After replacing the tile previews with jpg's it hangs with an incomplete zip of half the original size though.
- by Firefox user 14014190, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5i have tried downloading this add on, but it does not seem to work on this computer. i went through it to see if there was something i could do about it, but ?. i would very much like to be able to have nice scenes on the start up page of fire fox. plus i am sure it has a lot of other features as well that would also be liked. was also worried about whether it may have a virus attached. thank you
- by Firefox user 12233216, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5every time Firefox updates I lose all the tiles. Then I have to reload the NewTabTools program. Annoying! But today all the tiles disappeared and when I access a website no tab for it appears. Looks like NTT has gone! These frequent glitches make NTT less than useful.