- Rated 4 out of 5by Slinx, 10 months agonice, but doesn't allow for moving items to lower rows if you don't have the above filled up, and also doesn't show up if you middle mouse click the taskbar icon
- Rated 4 out of 5by cheeseus, 2 years agoAn option I'd like to be added:
– Do not auto-resize the tiles when changing the number of rows and columns or add an option for user-defined size. For example, I want two rows but I don't want them to fill the entire page.
- Rated 4 out of 5by listix, 2 years agoThe extension is nice, it allows you to create a nice grid with pages that are visited and you can update their images. However the main problem I had with this extension is how a few things are not self explanatory or some defaults are not there. Basically, I should be able to select a tile under any situation, change where its pointing to, change the image and have it stay that way forever. Everytime I had to setup this extension I run into the same issue. If something manual was done to the tile it should be treated as law and never change that tile again. Maybe add a lock button when customizing a tile would be nice. Still I like this extension a lot and will continue using it.
- Rated 4 out of 5by cello, 4 years agoMany ways to customize it but rather high memory usage as shown by Firefox Task Manager for a "static" addon when compared to most other addons in my Firefox. Hope the developer can further optimize it.
- Rated 4 out of 5by It's So Fluffy I Could Die, 4 years agoI've recently upgraded from FF57 to Quantum (since the add-ons' Big Glitch) and New Tab Tools is a great replacement to SuperStart on which I relied on heavily.
In future developments however, would it be possible to group several tiles in one "file", as well as have the option of a "blank tile" that one could use as a separator between tiles.
Finally, useful tip for the dummies like me: If you want New Tab Tools as your Homepage, just drag the add-on icon in the address bar over the Homepage icon... et voilà!
Thanks again and keep up the good work!
- Rated 4 out of 5by bwp123, 4 years ago"Refresh Firefox" destroys this add on. It was great for me, and I use it every day. Now I have not been able to restore it to my set up or to get it to function. I don't get why Mozilla is so HOSTILE to its users. Mozilla eats the CPU like mad; try to fix it? You get your best add-ons destroyed. This add-ons features should be integrated into Firefox anyway. Why would you not want your dozen or so most frequently used websites easily available? Stupid Mozilla.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Poohs, 5 years agoStill loving this extension BUT although I dont have the "link-click" problem in previous comment, this version does corrupt my start-up page.
My short cut for Firefox includes the URL for my google calandar so when it starts it goes straight to it. With this version of your extension, Firefox starts and you can see the correct URL in the address bar momentarily, but then your extension over-writes it and you get the New Tabs page.
Hardly life changing - I just hit the home button which is also set to my google calandar URL - but proof positive that "you fix one problem, and create another" !
- Rated 4 out of 5by tipar, 5 years agoIn general is OK but things could be improved as for example; why the hell if I stop visiting a web—or I just do it sometimes—it does appear before others that I do visit a lot as in "daily basis". That is why I do not give the five but the rest is pretty awesome. A simple ad-don for a simple thing. You can customize everything and from a couple of month you can even make a backup copy of your settings. I will be using this forever.