- by listix, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5The extension is nice, it allows you to create a nice grid with pages that are visited and you can update their images. However the main problem I had with this extension is how a few things are not self explanatory or some defaults are not there. Basically, I should be able to select a tile under any situation, change where its pointing to, change the image and have it stay that way forever. Everytime I had to setup this extension I run into the same issue. If something manual was done to the tile it should be treated as law and never change that tile again. Maybe add a lock button when customizing a tile would be nice. Still I like this extension a lot and will continue using it.
- by cello, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Many ways to customize it but rather high memory usage as shown by Firefox Task Manager for a "static" addon when compared to most other addons in my Firefox. Hope the developer can further optimize it.
- by It's So Fluffy I Could Die, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I've recently upgraded from FF57 to Quantum (since the add-ons' Big Glitch) and New Tab Tools is a great replacement to SuperStart on which I relied on heavily.
In future developments however, would it be possible to group several tiles in one "file", as well as have the option of a "blank tile" that one could use as a separator between tiles.
Finally, useful tip for the dummies like me: If you want New Tab Tools as your Homepage, just drag the add-on icon in the address bar over the Homepage icon... et voilà!
Thanks again and keep up the good work!
- by Poohs, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Still loving this extension BUT although I dont have the "link-click" problem in previous comment, this version does corrupt my start-up page.
My short cut for Firefox includes the URL for my google calandar so when it starts it goes straight to it. With this version of your extension, Firefox starts and you can see the correct URL in the address bar momentarily, but then your extension over-writes it and you get the New Tabs page.
Hardly life changing - I just hit the home button which is also set to my google calandar URL - but proof positive that "you fix one problem, and create another" !
- by tipar, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5In general is OK but things could be improved as for example; why the hell if I stop visiting a web—or I just do it sometimes—it does appear before others that I do visit a lot as in "daily basis". That is why I do not give the five but the rest is pretty awesome. A simple ad-don for a simple thing. You can customize everything and from a couple of month you can even make a backup copy of your settings. I will be using this forever.
- by musichem, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Found this after FF 60 broke the about:config trick to restore the old new tab page. Thanks! All my tiles show up as blank white placeholders. How can I get this extension to automatically put thumbnails there? Creating them manually is possible but not ideal.
- by Firefox user 14020843, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5This extension enabled me to get my big tiles back after the update to Firefox 60 botched them.
I like that I can just select to view 3 rows @ 4 columns.
After I replaced the tile previews with small jpg's I created from a screenshot the new tab page loads A LOT faster - it should not be necessary to do this yourself.
But after all that effort I wanted to backup my "new tab" configuration: unfortunately Firefox ALWAYS hangs.
After replacing the tile previews with jpg's it hangs with an incomplete zip of half the original size though.
- by Firefox user 13450854, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Nice addon, cool customiztaion level, love slow animated loop gif backgrounds
Broken with last update
How to use fix? cant find any files in Profile folder, only Storage. js exist